PDA

View Full Version : Gay and DNA....

user001
02-27-2016, 06:23 AM
1st- Don't care who you have sex with.....

Question; How does gay and evolution fit together? I know some wild animals show that characteristic, but some wild animals have 2 heads, virgin births, and other genetic curiosities.

Evolution at its base is hard wired to reproduce, correct? That is what we accept as evolutionary truth.

So why would people evolve gay? Why would that trait evolve, or is it something along the lines of a birth defect?

I know there is a lot of unknowns still about evolution and how/when/why dna changes, homosexuality seems just to be so out in left field as evolution goes. What is the benefit evolutionarily?

I'm asking real questions here, not bashing.

Even if say "weak cavemen sought acceptance how ever they could to survive and alpha cave"men" sought pleasure, IDK, could that make a trait in the genes? Why do many tribes of ingenious people not have gay people?

I understand gays have been around(and accepted) back to Roman times and before.

Just asking some evolutionary questions about something that don't seem to fit, as many other things don't fit in the "evolutionary band wagon".............

GailT
02-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Here is a recent article from BBC News that explores several theories. (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26089486) You can google "evolutionary selection for homosexuality" for more research on the topic.