PDA

View Full Version : Info me DNA tool.. :)

evon
03-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Quite interesting:
www.infino.me/genetics

It gives you a ancestry breakdown as well as some other tools related to health etc...

dp
03-07-2016, 09:58 PM
They have a typo: chrons disease
What someone with a bad chromosome :-)

Quite interesting:
www.infino.me/genetics

It gives you a ancestry breakdown as well as some other tools related to health etc...

Stephen1986
03-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Looks interesting and the ancestry breakdowns look fairly accurate for myself and my brother - I got 70% British and Irish, 6% French and German, and 2% Scandinavian (I guess the rest of my ancestry could not be assigned to one of the components). My brother got 71% British and Irish, 5% French and German, 1% Scandinavian and 1% Southern European. Other components that were listed but with zero percent were East Asian and Native American, MENA, North African, East Asian and Iberian. My brother does tend to get some components from the continent and further afield in ethnicity estimates like this that I don't.

firemonkey
03-08-2016, 01:18 AM
It just gave my 23andMe results probably because I uploaded 23andMe data.

Sikeliot
03-08-2016, 01:32 AM
Looks interesting and the ancestry breakdowns look fairly accurate for myself and my brother - I got 70% British and Irish, 6% French and German, and 2% Scandinavian (I guess the rest of my ancestry could not be assigned to one of the components). My brother got 71% British and Irish, 5% French and German, 1% Scandinavian and 1% Southern European. Other components that were listed but with zero percent were East Asian and Native American, MENA, North African, East Asian and Iberian. My brother does tend to get some components from the continent and further afield in ethnicity estimates like this that I don't.

How do you get the percentages? I just see it graphically.

firemonkey
03-08-2016, 01:38 AM
Now it's saying I have multiple data and won't let me access the reports.

MitchellSince1893
03-08-2016, 01:45 AM
It just gave my 23andMe results probably because I uploaded 23andMe data.

I don't see the benefit. I get the exact same ancestry breakdown that 23andme gives, the only difference being they are rounded off on infino.me e.g. my .4% South Asian on 23andme becomes 0.0%.

MitchellSince1893
03-08-2016, 01:47 AM

I couldn't do it on my tablet, but on my laptop I was able to put my cursor over it to see the percentages.

Stephen1986
03-08-2016, 11:44 AM

The same way MitchellSince1893 said, although the smaller ones can be hard to get the percentages to show up.