PDA

View Full Version : SNP S19290

macmegmat
03-09-2016, 02:44 AM
Any new news on S19290, I show on ytree.net, that myself(Palmer) English, is grouped with Hamill (Irish), Glasscock presumed English by surname and Jorgensen (Danish).

razyn
03-09-2016, 03:18 AM
YFull is very good, for people with BAM files, who have sent them there. But do you remember to look at the Big Tree? Getting on that, once you have BigY results, is free -- and more FTDNA customers have taken advantage of it than have spent the extra $49 to get a BAM file analyzed. This is not equally true for all haplogroups, but as a generality it has some low-level accuracy. http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=766&star=false

Apart from being among the least Iberian-looking subclades of DF27 that we can see (so far), I don't know that there's much to say yet about S19290. I'd like to know, but don't know, whether S16785 is equivalent (or which one is a subclade of the other). We could use a few dozen more tested samples from Europeans -- or people who know their ancestry back to Europe, at least.

And most of the discussion of it has been here: http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3834-S21184-has-something-to-tell-us

gotten
03-09-2016, 11:11 AM
In the S21184 topic I mentioned to Jorgensen the following:

Looking at the Big Tree it seems like you share a variant with Palmer/Paramour on position 18369999, but since it is on the Palindrome P6 I don't think it is testable using single SNP tests. (although that was also claimed about the ZZ snps)
When I look at that position in the DF27 group at Yfull a kit, with MDKA Parker, has mixed reads at that location while the other S19290 kits have a solid G read.

So I think Palmer (99668) + Parker (148469) are your closest SNP-confirmed relatives.

So it is possible that the three of you (Jorgensen, Palmer and Parker) have a shared SNP below S19290 at position 18369999. Not sure what it takes to prove this.

macmegmat
03-26-2016, 09:50 PM
I just got my very first 111 marker match on FTDNA. Would I assume that he is also carry the same SNP's as myself. His surname is Hardee.

macmegmat
06-17-2016, 02:36 AM
I am going to a family reunion next month and was going to talk about my DNA test. Any new updates on S19290? The journey of my long ago ancestors may have travelled?

razyn
06-17-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't have anything definite enough for family history purposes. There has been a little discussion on the R1b-P312 Yahoo group pertaining mostly to questions about who populated the Azores, and a couple of people commenting there have S19290+ (but probably aren't really Portuguese in the male line). To some extent, people are still just pooling their various levels of uncertainty. One of the examples at YFull has privacy issues, I know who it is in the FTDNA project, but the kit is managed by a female who doesn't want anybody finding her, or whatever. And because of that (whatever it is), the kit also isn't on the Big Tree, where privacy isn't heavily guarded. We also have the S16785 issue -- FTDNA displays that, for people who have it visible in their results, but doesn't display S19290. Both YFull and Alex Williamson think S16785 is a subclade of S19290; but it looks to me more like a poor coverage issue, in the few examples that appear to be S16785-. Anyway it's still unresolved, as far as I know. BritainsDNA had five samples that were positive for both SNPs, over two years ago -- but their samples are anonymous. Not much help for mapping one's family saga.