PDA

View Full Version : Any clues on the possible geographical origin of sub-type S11136 Z326 please?

JohnHowellsTyrfro
03-10-2016, 02:05 PM
I was wondering whether someone who understands these things better than I do and is more in touch with recent discoveries, can offer any clues on the possible ethnic/geographical origins of this sub-type. I believe it's part of the Null 425 cluster under Z326 (Z326->FGC18842->S21728 at the S21278 haplogroup level.) I'm in the UK, so A/S ? Norse? or not possible to say?
Little seems to be known about this sub - group, but I wondered if downstream SNPs ( if that's the right term) might give more of a clue? Any thoughts appreciated.Thank you.

Wing Genealogist
03-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Continental Folk who have tested S11136+ include Germany, Belgium & the Netherlands. Big Y analysis reveals the MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestor) for the testers was born roughly 350 BC (95% confidence Interval 788 BC - 24 AD). Given this information, it seems likely this clade originated on the Continent (somewhere in the neighborhood of Germany & BeNeLux) and arrived in the Isles likely during one of the invasions after the decline of the Roman Empire.

JohnHowellsTyrfro
03-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Continental Folk who have tested S11136+ include Germany, Belgium & the Netherlands. Big Y analysis reveals the MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestor) for the testers was born roughly 350 BC (95% confidence Interval 788 BC - 24 AD). Given this information, it seems likely this clade originated on the Continent (somewhere in the neighborhood of Germany & BeNeLux) and arrived in the Isles likely during one of the invasions after the decline of the Roman Empire.

That's very helpful. I guess that means likely A/S and less likely Flanders/Norman. :). Thank you.