PDA

View Full Version : Stress balls fail to curb temper

Clinton P
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
A man lost his temper when he was sacked from his job packing anti-stress balls. At one stage he pulled out two knives.

Click here (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local-news/crime/stress-balls-fail-to-curb-temper-1-5429011) to read more about this story.

Clinton P

basque
02-21-2013, 10:31 PM
A man lost his temper when he was sacked from his job packing anti-stress balls. At one stage he pulled out two knives.

Click here (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local-news/crime/stress-balls-fail-to-curb-temper-1-5429011) to read more about this story.

Clinton P

Ha you need stress balls living in Blackpool, most stressful place I have ever lived. I made my exit.

basque:rolleyes:

Clinton P
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
I was born and brought up in Blackpool. One of the reason's I left, was that Blackpool has very few manufacturing industries, it's nearly all service industries.
I can sort of understand this guy getting upset about losing his job. He probably has little chance of getting another job except in the seasonal service industries.
Still, it doesn't excuse him from punching the manager and making knife threats (though the irony is humorous).

Clinton P

basque
02-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I was born and brought up in Blackpool. One of the reason's I left, was that Blackpool has very few manufacturing industries, it's nearly all service industries.
I can sort of understand this guy getting upset about losing his job. He probably has little chance of getting another job except in the seasonal service industries.
Still, it doesn't excuse him from punching the manager and making knife threats (though the irony is humorous).

Clinton P

He might have almost no chance of getting another job after being named in the gazette , he must have felt quite desperate. One good industry in Blackpool was the TVR factory which has now gone.

Cant believe you lived in Blackpool we may have passed on the street B)

basque :rolleyes:

Clinton P
02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
He might have almost no chance of getting another job after being named in the gazette , he must have felt quite desperate. One good industry in Blackpool was the TVR factory which has now gone.

Cant believe you lived in Blackpool we may have passed on the street B)

Ah, yes, I should have remembered TVR. The guy who lived opposite us worked for them. I always remembered seeing the cars at the local petrol station (Norbreck Castle filling station) getting filled up probably for the first time.

We could well have passed in the street, Blackpool becomes a small town in the winter time.

Clinton P

basque
02-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Ah, yes, I should have remembered TVR. The guy who lived opposite us worked for them. I always remembered seeing the cars at the local petrol station (Norbreck Castle filling station) getting filled up probably for the first time.

We could well have passed in the street, Blackpool becomes a small town in the winter time.

Clinton P

Burtons Biscuits I worked there for 6 weeks.

Clinton P
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Burtons Biscuits I worked there for 6 weeks.

Small world, my step-Grandmother worked there as a nurse. She was from the Midlands.

We occasionally used to get a big stack of Waggon Wheels.

Clinton P

basque
02-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Small world, my step-Grandmother worked there as a nurse. She was from the Midlands.

We occasionally used to get a big stack of Waggon Wheels.

Clinton P

My fitness career started in the Commonwealth Sporting Club on Central Drive I loved it there, it was a sad day when it closed down and became a bowling alley. the last time I went to Blackpool the bowling alley and the old night out club next door were being demolished.