PDA

View Full Version : Progress with the FTDNA/GEDmatch situation?

C J Wyatt III
03-22-2016, 06:29 AM
Now appearing under the file upload section of the GEDmatch main page:

"We are working with FTDNA to revise in-common file transfer standards. When software modifications have been completed on both sites, we will resume accepting FTDNA uploads again."

BalkanKiwi
03-22-2016, 07:16 AM
Things are potentially looking up.

PLogan
03-23-2016, 03:07 PM
As of this morning....

Raw DNA file Uploads

We are ready to receive FTDNA raw DNA files as soon as the new file format becomes available for download from the FTDNA site.

Ann Turner
03-24-2016, 06:44 PM
From the GEDmatch home page:

Note that existing 'F' (FTDNA) kit numbers on GEDmatch will be changed to 'T' followed by a random kit number. This will probably happen in the next few days. If you need to make copies of your results with the old kit numbers, please do so now.

C J Wyatt III
03-24-2016, 07:43 PM
From the GEDmatch home page:

Thank you Ann. That is about what I expected. Interestingly, this will make a fruitful line of research that I was pursuing much more difficult. I was looking at mtDNA haplogoups in certain projects and seeing which ones had kits on GEDmatch. The combination of the atDNA and mtDNA was revealing that a lot of migrations of various subclades was much different that what had been presumed. Some aspects of the research would upset the existing body of knowledge. Now if I let my paranoid side go wild, I wonder if I was the cause of all of this. The timing seems to fit as well as certain people that I had communicated with.

Jack Wyatt

PLogan
04-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Raw DNA file Uploads

We are ready to receive the new format FTDNA raw DNA files. The new file format is now available for downloaded from the FTDNA site. Old format files are no longer being accepted.

FTDNA concatenated DNA file