PDA

View Full Version : I1 Tree with SNPs, Clades, and Time estimates

scottraveler
08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
If you are interested in the phylogenic structure of y haplogroup I1, I would direct you to knordtvedt's site http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net

The tree for I1 has been divided into three trees, I1 L22+, I1 Z58+, and I1xL22xZ58. This was done because the explosion in new snps of the last year or so added much structure to the tree.

The tree's focus is to tie together the snp phylogeny with the many STR-based clades found through the years along with the variance-based time estimates for the nodes of the tree and the foundings of the clades.

As you will see from the i1xL22xZ58 tree which contains the oldest nodes in I1, the age estimate for I1 is about 4500 years. Others have claimed much older ages for I1. So if you know of some I1clades or even individual haplotype outliers in I1 which you suspect might support older I1 ages, please bring them to this forum for discussion.

To identify the clade your haplotype may belong to, you can go to the file "I1 Modalities" which gives the key STR anomalies which collectively identify the clade haplotypes.