PDA

View Full Version : My updated 23andme and DNA Land results + my mothers results

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 04:13 PM
I just wanted to share and discuss my updated 23andme results and my mothers results aswell as my DNA Land results since there are not many Subsaharan Africans who have openly discussed this topic.

I was expecting my mum to be at least 12% european British and Irish originating from the British empire. This is because my maternal grandmother told me that my great grandfather was mixed 50/50 because of his light brown skin, blue eyes, bone structure and his lose textured hair. My grandmother is medium brown with blue eyes with a fairly caucasian phenotype just like her dad.

However, i was told phenotype does not necessarily mean genes...

I was expecting to be 6% European from my mum and 3% North African and 1% South Asian from my dad. This is because again my grandfather is very light skinned or was very light skinned with a caucasian phenotype lose curled hair.

One last thing does 23andme underestimate admixtures because i do score the populations as scored as above but at a very low percentage.

23andmes conservative has me as 95% SSA with bits unassigned so can i say I'm 95% SSA?

Tell me what you think also feel free to share your results...

BTW my results are labeled as Abdurashid Bwika

Mums results

Ive reached the limit of how many images i can post lol ill post more in a bit.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 04:14 PM
My mums conservative results...

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 04:20 PM
DNA land results + mothers

My results

Mothers results

Lank
04-13-2016, 04:29 PM
It would be highly unusual for your mother to be 1/8 European and show so little (basically negligible levels) in the AC. Also, European mutations for blue eyes are recessive, meaning it would have to be inherited from both sides of the family if it's not the result of something else.

What is your ethnic background, if I may ask? Just based on your results, I would guess that your mother may be from central Kenya and your father from western Kenya. And did you phase your results?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey lank both my grand mothers are kikuyu central Kenyan and both my grandfathers are Swahili coastal Kenyan and yea my results are phased.

@"It would be highly unusual for your mother to be 1/8 European and show so little (basically negligible levels) in the AC. Also, European mutations for blue eyes are recessive, meaning it would have to be inherited from both sides of the family if it's not the result of something else."

So wheres the European coming from,is it noise? the earliest appearance of europeans who were in subsaharan Africa in my case the Swahili coast were probably the Portuguese.

Lank
04-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Hey lank both my grand mothers are kikuyu central Kenyan and both my grandfathers are Swahili coastal Kenyan and yea my results are phased.

@"It would be highly unusual for your mother to be 1/8 European and show so little (basically negligible levels) in the AC. Also, European mutations for blue eyes are recessive, meaning it would have to be inherited from both sides of the family if it's not the result of something else."

So wheres the European coming from,is it noise? the earliest appearance of europeans who were in subsaharan Africa in my case the Swahili coast were probably the Portuguese.
It's not uncommon for East Africans to show these low levels of European, I show 1.0% myself (I am Habesha).

I'm not saying you don't have any European ancestry, but your mother's results are not consistent with such a close European ancestor. Maybe it was in reference to someone with Cushitic ancestry? Your mother appears to be more (non-Bantu) "East African" than your father based on these results.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Tbh i was expecting her to be at least 50% bantu 50% east african so i wasn't surprised by that. Is the european an ancient component? and i don't know of any Cushitic ancestor but i read somewhere Kikuyus do score that (correct me if I'm wrong).

Dorkymon
04-13-2016, 07:20 PM
DNA land results + mothers

My results

Mothers results

69% East African

There you go.

You might have some Ethiopian/Somali ancestry. They are heavily mixed with Middle Eastern Caucasoids. Their genetic composition is on average approximately 50-60% Black and the rest is of Caucasoid origin. In the New World they would by definition be considered Mulattos.

http://i.imgur.com/knxXFTl.png

ADW_1981
04-13-2016, 07:42 PM
I just wanted to share and discuss my updated 23andme results and my mothers results aswell as my DNA Land results since there are not many Subsaharan Africans who have openly discussed this topic.

I was expecting my mum to be at least 12% european British and Irish originating from the British empire. This is because my maternal grandmother told me that my great grandfather was mixed 50/50 because of his light brown skin, blue eyes, bone structure and his lose textured hair. My grandmother is medium brown with blue eyes with a fairly caucasian phenotype just like her dad.

However, i was told phenotype does not necessarily mean genes...

I was expecting to be 6% European from my mum and 3% North African and 1% South Asian from my dad. This is because again my grandfather is very light skinned or was very light skinned with a caucasian phenotype lose curled hair.

One last thing does 23andme underestimate admixtures because i do score the populations as scored as above but at a very low percentage.

The European is probably real but it seems to be ancient, more than just 3 or 4 generations. I would simply write off the lesser ancestry at DNA Land, it won't be accurate at all from the posts I've seen.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 07:50 PM
69% East African

There you go.

You might have some Ethiopian/Somali ancestry. They are heavily mixed with Middle Eastern Caucasoids. Their genetic composition is on average approximately 50-60% Black and the rest is of Caucasoid origin. In the New World they would by definition be considered Mulattos.

http://i.imgur.com/knxXFTl.png

I thought central Kenyans are mixed with Nilotes? like the Masai

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 07:51 PM
The European is probably real but it seems to be ancient, more than just 3 or 4 generations. I would simply write off the lesser ancestry at DNA Land, it won't be accurate at all from the posts I've seen.

So my admixture or my DNA Land results are not accurate?, what do you think about the central/south african scores me and my mum have are they noise or just ancient? The ashkenazi my mum is getting and the Kalash i got how accurate do you think these assigned admix percentages are?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-13-2016, 09:20 PM
Here are my AncestryDNA results i think they're more accurate than 23andme and DNA Land IMO8843

ADW_1981
04-13-2016, 11:27 PM
So my admixture or my DNA Land results are not accurate?, what do you think about the central/south african scores me and my mum have are they noise or just ancient? The ashkenazi my mum is getting and the Kalash i got how accurate do you think these assigned admix percentages are?

Not sure about the rest of the African breakdown, but the Ashkenazi and Kalash I would take with a grain of salt.

Deftextra
04-13-2016, 11:46 PM
I was expecting my mum to be at least 12% european British and Irish originating from the British empire. This is because my maternal grandmother told me that my great grandfather was mixed 50/50.

How do your matches look like? Maybe this will reveal more.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-14-2016, 02:26 PM
How do your matches look like? Maybe this will reveal more.

You
KenyaUK, KenyaMombasa Nyeri Nairobi KwaleBwikaMajataZahiri7 moreL3'4B2a1a
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
View Family Tree

Tima Bwika
Female
M
Mother
49.8% shared, 28 segments
KenyaMombasa, Nairobi, Nyeri, Tanzania, UKKhamisKhatibuDosa2 moreL3'4
Sharing Genomes
Send a Message

Female
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.24% shared, 1 segment
United StatesKenyaNgugiL0f2a
Sharing Genomes
Send a Message

Female
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.22% shared, 1 segment
United StatesKenyaM1a1

Male
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.19% shared, 1 segment
L3b1aE1b1b1

Male
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.18% shared, 1 segment
United StatesKenyaEastern AfricaL4b2bE1b1a8a1*

Male
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.14% shared, 1 segment
Saudi ArabiaAl Qatif, Saudi ArabiaL2a1a2J2a1a
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.14% shared, 1 segment
L0a2a1

Female
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
L3d1

Male
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
H1R1b1b2a1a
Invitation Sent

Female
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
L1c1c'd

Male
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
Multiple regionsB4a1a1R1b1b2a1a2d3*

Female
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
United StatesH
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.13% shared, 1 segment
L2a1

Male
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.12% shared, 1 segment
M30dJ2b2*

Female, b. 1975
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.12% shared, 1 segment
AustraliaW1

Male, b. 1993
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.12% shared, 1 segment
United StatesKenyaKenyaEastern AfricaKiogothiL3i1E1b1a7a
Sharing Genomes
Send a Message

Male
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
X1a1E2

Diamond Crumpton-Scott
Female
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
United StatesNorth and South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, England, Scotland, Germany, France, Sub Sahara Africa, Jamaica, etc.CrumptonScottAlmond5 moreL1b1a
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation
View Family Tree

Anastasia Fox
Female
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
KenyaMombasa, KenyaParis, FranceLondon, United Kingdom8 moreL1c2a1
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
3rd to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
A2

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
United StatesKentucky, Tennessee, MichiganBakerDortchKidd2 moreL2a1
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Male
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.11% shared, 1 segment
L1c3aE1b1a8a1*

Male
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
ArachiNjagiL2a1cE1b1a8a
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
L3b1a

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
L3i1
Julia McQueen
Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
L3e2b3
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Male
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
United StatesHawaii, California, Virginia, Georgia, KentuckyPopeFrenchMoormanL3f1b1R1b1b2a1a
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
L2d
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.10% shared, 1 segment
L3e4

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
Robeson, NCLumberton, NCPembroke, NC3 moreLocklearPeeleWilsonLambT2a1a
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
United StatesFayetteville, NCLumberton, NCPembroke, NC2 moreMultiple regionsJacobsLocklearHunt3 moreH7a1

Male
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
United StatesCalifornia, Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia, EnglandSouthern EuropeBoxA2R1b1b2a1a2d
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
L3b1a

Female
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
H7a1
Public Match
Send a Message
Send an Invitation

Male, b. 1986
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.09% shared, 1 segment
United StatesBonham, TXDallas, TXTacoma, WA15 moreHarveyGoocherGoacher10 moreL2cE1b1a8
Sharing Genomes
Send a Message

Female, b. 1982
M
4th to Distant Cousin
0.08% shared, 1 segment
United StatesCalifornia, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Indiana, Mexico, HondurasMultiple regionsAlejandroAndradeBaca20 moreA2Q1a3*
Sharing Genomes
Send a Message
View Family Tree

procoptodon
06-27-2016, 12:40 AM
cool results you are almost 100% african almost a quarter west african and almost 3/4 east african

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
06-27-2016, 12:48 AM
deleted

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
06-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Thanks, the African mix West and East African is understandable but the rest is a bit weird; not to shove aside my main ancestry but my GGG grandfather was Shirazi an ethnic group living in the Swahili coast who have their origins in Iran. I have another GGG grandfather who was Arab but none of that shows at a reasonable amount i mean it could be the 5% missing on conservative but it could be anything. Ive gotten my father tested maybe it'll reveal more?

Rahimfaraji1813
02-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Thanks, the African mix West and East African is understandable but the rest is a bit weird; not to shove aside my main ancestry but my GGG grandfather was Shirazi an ethnic group living in the Swahili coast who have their origins in Iran. I have another GGG grandfather who was Arab but none of that shows at a reasonable amount i mean it could be the 5% missing on conservative but it could be anything. Ive gotten my father tested maybe it'll reveal more?

Brother, itís been proving that Shirazi donít actually have roots in Persia, but merely used this is a way to gain power. They were Northern Swahili Muslims. My mom is Shirazi with light skin and 3b curl pattern but her dna shows no trace of the Middle East.