PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting different results on different websites! Help! What am I?

pachreik
05-06-2016, 09:35 PM
I did 23andme and used the raw data on other websites to see how they would interpret it. I've gotten mostly the same results all around, but each one had their own peculiarities. If anyone would be able to interpret or help interpret, I would greatly appreciate it!

My mom is from the Philippines but doesn't never knew her grandparents, where they were from, or what they looked like. My dad died last year and both his grandparents are dead as well, so I'm trying to learn more about myself. My grandpa's father immigrated from Sweden and my grandmas mom was from Scotland and her dad was from Ireland.

This are my Eurogenes K36 results

Population
Amerindian 0.29%
Arabian -
Armenian -
Basque 0.21%
Central_African -
Central_Euro 5.62%
East_African -
East_Asian 0.46%
East_Balkan -
East_Central_Asian -
East_Central_Euro 2.09%
East_Med -
Eastern_Euro 1.88%
Fennoscandian 0.0541
French 5.04%
Iberian 4.14%
Indo-Chinese 8.77%
Italian 0.17%
Malayan 30.00%
Near_Eastern -
North_African -
North_Atlantic 12.45%
North_Caucasian -
North_Sea 8.87%
Northeast_African -
Oceanian -
Omotic -
Pygmy -
Siberian -
South_Asian -
South_Central_Asian -
South_Chinese 12.38%
Volga-Ural 2.19%
West_African -
West_Caucasian -
West_Med -

Thank you!!

AJL
05-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Your results are consistent with your known ancestry: half Southeast Asian, half Northern/Northwest European.

BalkanKiwi
05-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Your results are consistent with your known ancestry: half Southeast Asian, half Northern/Northwest European.

Like AJL has said, your results are pretty spot on and reflective of your ancestry. Remember when using all these different calculators, don't take them too literally. They will give you a general pattern, but sometimes populations are exchanged for others that are similar.

pachreik
05-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks!

wombatofthenorth
07-17-2016, 12:41 AM
It's also very hard to read something like K36 directly, in fact they even say to not use it that way.

You might try Eurogenes K13 and then look at the Oracle 4.
Not quite sure how the Oracles will react to your huge split background, hopefully nail each easily, but perhaps get totally confused and place you in some random spot between UK and Asia.