PDA

View Full Version : YSEQ Turnaround Time

eastcarolinatarheel
05-12-2016, 08:10 PM
It has been a while since I ordered single SNPs from YSEQ (right when they started). What is the current turnaround time for single SNPs?

Almagest
05-21-2016, 05:32 PM
If you mean time taken for results of a SNP and not wishing a SNP, then I got my results in four days after they received my sample. That was a couple of months ago.

MacUalraig
05-30-2016, 07:08 PM
It has been a while since I ordered single SNPs from YSEQ (right when they started). What is the current turnaround time for single SNPs?

I've tested dozens of people there and generally they come in at around a week or so - my record is 48h but that was unusual. As of last night they are just back from a very short vacation but they seem to be catching up well. :)

Yanis
06-03-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm waiting my results since one month and half :argue:

Peccavi
06-03-2016, 03:22 PM
You would wait 3 months plus with FTDNA and then a further 4 months and just get junk that you already knew.

Two weeks for first lot of SNPs and then a further 3 weeks for a second lot that I ordered - much cheaper and more info than FTDNA (at least for a novice like me)

MacUalraig
06-03-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm waiting my results since one month and half :argue:

At YSEQ? I would have emailed them before it got that long if so. My worst wait was about a fortnight. Was it for a SNP they already had primers in for?

Yanis
06-03-2016, 07:12 PM
I was told they had no primer and needed a period of one month for it.

RobertCasey
06-04-2016, 04:11 AM
If the YSNP has been orderable for some time - one or two weeks is the norm.
If you just ordered after a Wish a YSNP - two to four weeks.
If you just ordered after a Wish a YSNP and they have problems with the primers but take orders - two or three months.

Yanis
06-04-2016, 07:12 AM
The snp is not wished but just problem with primers not received

jjtjr
06-04-2016, 01:27 PM
RobertCasey wrote:

If the YSNP has been orderable for some time - one or two weeks is the norm.
If you just ordered after a Wish a YSNP - two to four weeks.
If you just ordered after a Wish a YSNP and they have problems with the primers but take orders - two or three months.

I ordered a new panel and got partial results very quickly. It has been about 5 weeks since the original order. I contacted YSEQ and they are waiting for primers. Hopefully I will have my results in 3 weeks or so.

They are good at responding to emails and in the past have been very quick with my other results. I am sure that my delay is caused mainly because the panel is made up of what might be my novel SNP's.

RVBLAKE
06-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I've been ordering SNP tests since the beginning of June, perhaps a dozen or so, and have received results for all but one or two.

curiousII
06-24-2016, 05:22 PM
I placed an order with YSEQ on the 8th; not only no product yet but no response to an inquiry I sent them a few days ago, either. A couple of orders I placed with them before made it back to me in just a couple of days.

Quite a discrepency in delivery time, but as long as my SNPs make it here I'm cool with it, I guess. Can't beat the prices.

curiousII
07-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Apparently the edit option only lasts a finite time on a person's post; mine made on 6/24 can no longer be edited from what I'm seeing. So I'll bump myself, I guess.

Got my SNP test back at exactly 3 weeks. Not bad, no complaints. But you can sure get spoiled with the 3 or 4 day delivery time that YSEQ occasionally has.

BalkanKiwi
07-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Apparently the edit option only lasts a finite time on a person's post; mine made on 6/24 can no longer be edited from what I'm seeing. So I'll bump myself, I guess.

Got my SNP test back at exactly 3 weeks. Not bad, no complaints. But you can sure get spoiled with the 3 or 4 day delivery time that YSEQ occasionally has.

Hi curiousII,

Please click here (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7783-Post-editing-permissions-now-disabled-without-a-subscription&p=168725&viewfull=1#post168725) for an explanation regarding edit permission changes.

wandering_amorite
09-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Total turnaround time of 20 days: order placed 9/7, results received 9/27. Product: an obscure downstream SNP for Haplogroup E. Pretty remarkable that this is possible, and for so cheap.