PDA

View Full Version : Turnaround time for FGC results?

DougJ
05-13-2016, 06:46 PM
How long does it usually take to get your data back from Full Genomes after mailing your sample in?

This is for whole genome sequencing.

KSDA
05-13-2016, 11:04 PM
Hi Doug, I ordered a 30x WGS for a relative. After I mailed in and FGC received the sample, the lab started processing the results 1 month later. Data was being processed/analyzed about 2 months later, and the processed data (VCFs, lists of new SNPs, etc.) was posted to the profile 2 weeks later. The download link for the ~50GB BAM file was posted about five business days after requesting it. So in this case, about 15 weeks after mailing it in, plus another week for the BAM.

This is not including the time to receive the FGC saliva collection kit since I just sent in a sample I had on hand that used an FTDNA swab.

Also, I'm waiting for YFull to complete their analysis of the Y/Mt reads that I split off from the WGS BAM before I do a full review. Hope this helps!

Francisco
05-14-2016, 07:08 AM
Totally eager to read this review of the 30x WGS.
Please, this deserve a new thread as soon as you get it. I guess there will be the first time for such type of analysis (i read about 10x WGS as much).
Turaround times are excellent in comparison to the Y tests.

sarbon
07-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Mine has taken 5 months after I posted it and FGC still haven't started the batch yet!

FGC Corp
07-11-2016, 01:34 AM
8007 is in-progress now.

AntG
01-07-2017, 12:48 PM
The website currently has Batch "9010 Y Elite 2.1 sequencing underway, results expected December 20, 2016 - January 1, 2017". I'm just wondering when details of Batch 9011 will appear on the website with estimates. I appreciate the results will probably be a few months away...

FGC Corp
01-08-2017, 04:01 AM
Spring 2017, i.e. April - May 2017 for 9011

FGC Corp
01-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Update:

FGC 15x whole genome:
$795
https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/2/?

AntG
04-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Nearly there. Can't wait B)

Peter MacDonald
05-12-2017, 01:47 AM

Any further update for when batch 9011 will be completed?

Thank you.

Shetlander
06-30-2017, 12:07 PM
I agree. When will batch 9011 be ready? April-May 2017 is long past.

FGC Corp
06-30-2017, 01:51 PM
I agree. When will batch 9011 be ready? April-May 2017 is long past.

We're running a set of batches now and assigning kits from 9011 to these new batches as they run. Our website is undergoing an update, but we can check on the status of your kit.

morrisondna
06-30-2017, 06:06 PM
We're running a set of batches now and assigning kits from 9011 to these new batches as they run. Our website is undergoing an update, but we can check on the status of your kit.

I look forward to the updated website. The preview looks promising.

From the note above it sounds like some kits from 9011 have not begun sequencing yet. Can you provide more details on the history of this batch and the expected time to results for new-order Y Elite and WGS kits if they were ordered today?

Thanks.

FGC Corp
06-30-2017, 06:16 PM
I look forward to the updated website. The preview looks promising.

From the note above it sounds like some kits from 9011 have not begun sequencing yet. Can you provide more details on the history of this batch and the expected time to results for new-order Y Elite and WGS kits if they were ordered today?

Thanks.

We're using another approach. So, we're running a batch now and then we'll run a larger set shortly.

morrisondna
06-30-2017, 07:28 PM
We're using another approach. So, we're running a batch now and then we'll run a larger set shortly.

With the new approach, do you have an estimated turnaround time from receipt of a new sample to availability of results for Y Elite and WGS tests?

Or is this yet to be determined? In my projects, this is a key question.

Thanks.

FGC Corp
06-30-2017, 07:47 PM
With the new approach, do you have an estimated turnaround time from receipt of a new sample to availability of results for Y Elite and WGS tests?

Or is this yet to be determined? In my projects, this is a key question.

Thanks.

We'll know more as we validate the new approach.

pauleug
04-19-2019, 03:06 AM
So, what is the turnaround time on long reads from FGC? Dante labs WGS took 4 months. Also what are the advantages of FGS long reads whole genome for $2900 vs Dante long reads for $1000?

JamesKane
04-19-2019, 11:53 AM
The Oxford Nanopore Technology used in Dante's long read test is new to the market. The published papers agree the sequencing error rate is 15 to 20%. That's equivalent to as many as 1 in 5 bases having been read incorrectly. This makes base calling sketchy at best so the test isn't useful in the traditional sense for genetic genealogy. The advantage comes from having 40,000 bases or more in the read. This allows you to more accurately gauge the copy number and structural variations in the genome. There are also software techniques to hybridize with a traditional short read WGS test, such that you can correct the sequencing errors in the ONT results. The technique has been used to build out more accurate references with the notable caveat the short read tests are typically 250-300 base pairs in length and 60x coverage.

The 10x Chromium solution works by attaching barcodes to the DNA and running on standard Illumina sequencers. The barcodes allow special software to group the 150 base pair reads into the original fragments which are about the same length as the ONT tests. The solution gives you the accuracy of short reads and most of the advantages of the long fragments.

Which is better? The one that will give you accurate enough data for your research goals. However for traditional use cases, the 10x Chromium offering from FGC is really where most of the direct-2-consumer market should be looking. FGC is providing a much more comprehensive analysis pipeline. You will be on your own to come up with a workflow to get the most out of a ONT result for the foreseeable future. The time and investment in high-end computing resources you save can easily offset the marginally higher cost than going it on your own.

FGC Corp
04-19-2019, 03:57 PM
The Oxford Nanopore Technology used in Dante's long read test is new to the market. The published papers agree the sequencing error rate is 15 to 20%. ... The advantage comes from having 40,000 bases or more in the read. This allows you to more accurately gauge the copy number and structural variations in the genome. ...

As you know, saliva samples can cause lower quality results. If Dante is using saliva samples, they will run into the same issues that we've seen. Plus, I think Nanopore technology may be more sensitive to this problem.

Jan_Noack
06-21-2019, 06:41 AM
How long does it usually take to get your data back from Full Genomes after mailing your sample in?

This is for whole genome sequencing.

mine was about two months after receiving at FGC. It looks like I have to request the BAM after reading this thread.

WSO
07-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Mine take 4 months

antonp
03-16-2020, 08:44 PM
I have ordered WGS service from FullGenomes back in September. When I ordered the promised timeframe was 3 months, then it was february. Now, 6 months later, there are still no results.

Today I tried to contact Justin Loe to find out about the stage of my order. First he told me that the main reason is some problem with his lab personnel:

>Justin: I am in the middle of a new business negotiation to address this delay.
>Anton: Can you explain what it means exactly and when can I hope to receive my results.
>Justin: There are two parts: 1) new business partner and team member 2) new lab partner

Because of 180 days limit for making a claim, I had to open a case with paypal. Immediately after that Justin started to talk about coronavirus as the main reason for delay:
"It wasn't necessary to open a Paypal case. You'll probably find that Paypal will take our side, given the pandemic underway."

I still hope to get my results. Justin said that they always deliver and that he's prepared to make a refund. Well, if you finally deliver my results, I'll be well prepared to pay you back, Justin. No offense.

Sapporo
03-21-2020, 04:12 PM
I ordered a Y Elite Ancestry Test from FGC back in early September. I still have not received my results as of 3/21/2020. I followed up with Justin on 11/25/2019 and then again on 2/10/2020. Both times he said he would check and then never got back to me. I ordered via PayPal but I will go through my credit company to do a chargeback shortly if I do not receive an update.

This is my current mood:
https://i.gyazo.com/8131a2bb3be15c2803d04da95fb8f96a.png

FGC Corp
03-22-2020, 10:28 PM
I ordered a Y Elite Ancestry Test from FGC back in early September. I still have not received my results as of 3/21/2020. I followed up with Justin on 11/25/2019 and then again on 2/10/2020. Both times he said he would check and then never got back to me. I ordered via PayPal but I will go through my credit company to do a chargeback shortly if I do not receive an update.

This is my current mood:
https://i.gyazo.com/8131a2bb3be15c2803d04da95fb8f96a.png

Email us again and we'll investigate.

FGC Corp
03-22-2020, 10:45 PM
I have ordered WGS service from FullGenomes back in September. When I ordered the promised timeframe was 3 months, then it was february. Now, 6 months later, there are still no results.

Today I tried to contact Justin Loe to find out about the stage of my order. First he told me that the main reason is some problem with his lab personnel:

>Justin: I am in the middle of a new business negotiation to address this delay.
>Anton: Can you explain what it means exactly and when can I hope to receive my results.
>Justin: There are two parts: 1) new business partner and team member 2) new lab partner

Because of 180 days limit for making a claim, I had to open a case with paypal. Immediately after that Justin started to talk about coronavirus as the main reason for delay:
"It wasn't necessary to open a Paypal case. You'll probably find that Paypal will take our side, given the pandemic underway."

I still hope to get my results. Justin said that they always deliver and that he's prepared to make a refund. Well, if you finally deliver my results, I'll be well prepared to pay you back, Justin. No offense.

We refunded the order and canceled it, after the dispute was initiated.

antonp
03-27-2020, 09:47 AM
We refunded the order and canceled it, after the dispute was initiated.

Does it mean that you never got my sample sequenced? In 6 months time?