PDA

View Full Version : Exciting new updates?

firemonkey
06-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Our website is currently undergoing maintenance to introduce some exciting new updates.
Please check back soon!

I wonder what they are.

C J Wyatt III
06-07-2016, 12:23 PM
The FTDNA Forums seem to be down too. That's OK, I like it better here on Anthrogenica.

Jack

firemonkey
06-07-2016, 12:34 PM
I know they challenge your theories more on FTDNA.

C J Wyatt III
06-07-2016, 12:43 PM
I know they challenge your theories more on FTDNA.

Let's just say that there are a couple of people on FTDNA Forums who are rigid but call themselves scientists. They will bend over backwards to help people with what they know, but if anyone comes up with something that contradicts their world view, they get downright vicious.

I am not sure that I have convinced too many people here about my research, but they are more open to take a look and are a whole lot nicer even if they don't agree.

Jack

firemonkey
06-07-2016, 01:03 PM
No changes to my My origins

firemonkey
06-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Seems it was their standard maintenance message. Very misleading.

Morges
06-07-2016, 09:58 PM
For myOrigins?

evon
06-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Seems it was their standard maintenance message. Very misleading.

My guess is they were planning to launch Myorigins v2, but there was a problem and so they reverted to v1, hopefully v2 should be released this week, although DNA companies have a very poor record in terms of keeping deadlines for such things...Myorigins v2 was supposed to be released in March and 23andme is now over 6 months passed their deadline for the v4 transition...

BalkanKiwi
06-07-2016, 11:11 PM
The suspense builds.

JMcB
06-07-2016, 11:34 PM
My guess is they were planning to launch Myorigins v2, but there was a problem and so they reverted to v1, hopefully v2 should be released this week, although DNA companies have a very poor record in terms of keeping deadlines for such things...Myorigins v2 was supposed to be released in March and 23andme is now over 6 months passed their deadline for the v4 transition...

Does anyone have any idea of what the improvements are in v2?

evon
06-08-2016, 11:08 AM

http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.com/2016/03/coming-down-ethnicity-admixture-pike.html

The new update for myOrigins 2.0 will include 24 reorganized reference populations (new categories in CAPS) as follows:
Ashkenazi ... BALKAN ... East Africa ... Finland ... Germany ... British ... ITALY ... Mbuti Pygmies ... North Africa ... NORTH AMERINDIAN ... NORTH INDIA ... North West Asia ... Northeast Asia ... PAPUAN ... Slavic ... SOUTH AMERINDIAN ... SOUTH INDIA ... South West Asian ... SARDINIAN ... Southeast Asia ... SIBERIAN ... Spain ... Scandinavian ... West Africa

In comparison the myOrigins 1.0 was:
Western & Central Europe ... East Central Africa ... Eastern Europe ... Native American ... North Africa ... Northeast Asia ... Central Asia ... Southern Europe ... West Africa ... British Isles ... Finland & Northern Siberia ... Scandinavia ... Asia Minor... Ashkenazi Diaspora ... South-Central Africa ... Southeast Asia ... South Asia ... Eastern Middle East.

JMcB
06-08-2016, 06:45 PM
http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.com/2016/03/coming-down-ethnicity-admixture-pike.html

Great! Thank you, Evon.

wombatofthenorth
06-10-2016, 11:46 PM

It almost sounds like they will get access to the private database from Geno since the two seem to be working together fairly closely now and a few of the rumored new categories would seem to need some of the private Geno sample collections.

wombatofthenorth
06-10-2016, 11:49 PM

Some of those names make no sense, since I'll bet $100000000000000 that the Slavic component will peak in a few non-Slavic countries hah (just like the Northern Slavic in DNA.LAND appears to strongly peak in some non-Slavic people!).

Abd.H
06-11-2016, 01:55 PM

So in the new update Asia Minor and Eastern Middle East will be one category as South West Asian ?

evon
07-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Finally something :)

Upgrades are on the way! From 5 PM CST Friday, July 8 to 12 PM CST Saturday, July 9, a few FTDNA features will be temporarily unavailable while we perform scheduled server maintenance. This includes uploading Gedcoms, Autosomal transfers, Genographic Project transfers and Genographic Next Generation upgrades to Family Finder. Other services and the shopping cart will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience!

kingjohn
07-09-2016, 01:46 PM
thanks evon ,
hope is finally the ftdna my origins v2 version
we are waiting to much for it :(
will be optimistic ...
best regards
adam

Theconqueror
07-09-2016, 02:25 PM
There is no mention of Myorigins.

A Norfolk L-M20
07-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Well My Family Tree looks and acts better!

http://www.familytreedna.com/my/family-tree/share?k=XmIxIgrbzwamZsqW4EFJAA%3D%3D

kingjohn
07-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Theconqueror ,
unsurprising i guess i was dreaming
for a moment to wake up
and to see the update :(
how many months it take :\
no explanation for such a delay
regards
Adam

kingjohn
07-09-2016, 06:51 PM
what is the emaill of razib khan ?
since he is responsible for the update i want to ask him
about it
regards
Adam

evon
07-09-2016, 07:02 PM
what is the emaill of razib khan ?
since he is responsible for the update i want to ask him
about it
regards
Adam

You can try to get in contact with him here: http://www.unz.com/gnxp/

kingjohn
07-09-2016, 07:18 PM
ok the email in the site is this
[email protected]
i send to this emaill the question
but i preffer his private emaill {so he will 100% see my question }??
regards
adam

evon
07-09-2016, 08:16 PM
I think he might be a member on this forum, but I have not seen him here for a while...

kingjohn
07-09-2016, 10:15 PM
wow he was fast ....:)

Razib K <[email protected]>

A. D.

soon. i don't control the release date....

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 3:15 PM, A. D. wrote:
> ,hello razib
> first thanks for all your hard work
> for the scientific community
> and kudos for all your work in ftdna team
> my name is adam
> i am ftdna costumer
> i did ftdna my origins
> test i heard that in march
> 2016
> was suposed to be update called my origin v2
> http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.com/2016/03/coming-down-ethnicity-admixture-pike.html
>
> i understand there is a delay
> in which date you predict
> the new version of my originis
> will be out .
>
> with kind regards
> appricate if you can give me answere
> adam

Theconqueror
07-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Quite frankly, it's to his honor that he answered you. He didn't have to and most company wouldn't answer that sort of inquiry. I just hope myorigins will more reflective of the intricacy of one's ethnic makeup.

wow he was fast ....:)

Razib K <[email protected]>

A. D.

soon. i don't control the release date....

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 3:15 PM, A. D. wrote:
> ,hello razib
> first thanks for all your hard work
> for the scientific community
> and kudos for all your work in ftdna team
> my name is adam
> i am ftdna costumer
> i did ftdna my origins
> test i heard that in march
> 2016
> was suposed to be update called my origin v2
> http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.com/2016/03/coming-down-ethnicity-admixture-pike.html
>
> i understand there is a delay
> in which date you predict
> the new version of my originis
> will be out .
>
> with kind regards
> appricate if you can give me answere
> adam

wombatofthenorth
07-11-2016, 05:43 AM
EDITED: FTDNA has fixed the FF bugs regarding a few random Geno transfers so my old post is no longer relevant.

wombatofthenorth
07-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Geno is down today. It's probably a reach, but might it be because the new updates for ancestry are being put online? If so, and it's probably not the case, then the FTDNA ones might not be far behind.

shazou
07-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Anyone know if the upcoming MyOrigins 2.0 will likely have a chromosome-painting feature along with the reporting of admixture values below 1%?

Oathsworn
07-28-2016, 02:46 PM
MyOrigins is getting an update?

Captain Nordic
07-28-2016, 03:34 PM
How exciting :D

wombatofthenorth
07-30-2016, 03:22 AM
Geno is down today. It's probably a reach, but might it be because the new updates for ancestry are being put online? If so, and it's probably not the case, then the FTDNA ones might not be far behind.

nope, it was back up a day later with no apparent changes

dp
08-11-2016, 09:41 PM
For those having problems with phased matching.
Make sure that you give both the target and the key individuals something for both parents, yes, even those not relevant to the relationship of the two individuals.
I have been cursing the computer because I had added the father of a relative's kit, then the father's father, then an sibling of the father of the relative, then a daughter to the sibling/aunt, ie. established they were first cousins. Nothing worked. I finally added a mother to my relative and a father to the cousin, before things started working.
Apparently it couldn't figure out that males are father's, and females are mother's without having the other spouse's sex to work off of. :-(
dp :-)

Kurumim
02-19-2017, 04:42 AM
anything new coming?/