PDA

View Full Version : my Ancestry DNA results

shelzbelz007
06-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone!
New to the forum and new to DNA analysis but totally fascinated with it! Just got my results back from Ancestry so I thought I would share. Happily surprised with my Irish result. Didn't expect it.
Even though it's a low percentage, there is Iberian Peninsula. Wow! Any idea where that comes from?
Thanks and looking forward to chatting with you all!
Shelley

enmaaii
06-19-2016, 09:55 PM

I also got some unexpected Iberian, also some really unexpected East Asian. Would be interested to know other's thoughts.

ChristieMoore3
06-22-2016, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone!
New to the forum and new to DNA analysis but totally fascinated with it! Just got my results back from Ancestry so I thought I would share. Happily surprised with my Irish result. Didn't expect it.
Even though it's a low percentage, there is Iberian Peninsula. Wow! Any idea where that comes from?
Thanks and looking forward to chatting with you all!
Shelley

Iberian Peninsula is Spain/Portugal.

cvolt
06-24-2016, 12:31 AM
My British percentage is wayyyyy too high. I'm at least 25% Swedish according to other websites and my family's very recent history. I know they overlap, though. I also got no Western European to show up which is crazy. I'd like to try 23 and Me to see how they differentiate those three with me. My Iberian and Finnish are also a little low but I'm not bothered. Overall the raw dna is what made it worth it for me! 9919

jeanL
06-25-2016, 03:17 PM
... My Iberian and Finnish are also a little low but I'm not bothered. Overall the raw dna is what made it worth it for me!...

I see in your signature that you keep getting 25% Spain_Aragon/Basque/General as your top matches distance wise. Genealogically what percentage are you Spanish? And if you are part Spanish, where in Spain is your family from?

AJL
06-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone!

I suspect you're largely Scots? Insular Celtic tends to show up as Irish with Ancestry, even Scots. "UK" seems more to indicate ancestry from the Home Counties, Netherlands, Belgium, i.e. more "North Sea coastal" than UK.

cvolt
06-26-2016, 12:19 AM
I see in your signature that you keep getting 25% Spain_Aragon/Basque/General as your top matches distance wise. Genealogically what percentage are you Spanish? And if you are part Spanish, where in Spain is your family from?

I'm not sure where it comes from but I always have Iberian/ Southwestern Med in different calculators/websites. Gedmatch has put Cataluna, Valencia, Galicia, Baleares, Castile and Leon, etc., in the oracles. So I guess broadly Northern.