PDA

View Full Version : Genos Whole Exome Sequencing for $399

Heber
06-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Interesting business model and analytic tools.

OWN YOUR DNA

Purchase a DNA kit and discover your exome, which is the most revealing part of your genome. Explore your genetic variants and associated conditions. Access certified genetic counselors for personalized consultations.

LEAD EXPLORATION

Browse inspiring and cutting edge research being conducted on the Genos platform. For studies of interest, choose to share your data with distinguished researchers. Studies will begin in Fall 2016.

RECEIVE COMPENSATION

You will be fairly compensated for sharing data thatís rightly yours when researchers accept your request to participate in a study.

https://www.genosresearch.com/genomeintro.html

tippy
06-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Anyone done this yet? The thing that puts me off whole genome or exome sequencing is that there doesn't seem to be the same wealth of analytical tools that are available to 23andme and ftdna users (Gedmatch, interpretome, DIYDodecad etc etc).So (from an ancestry standpoint), would having all of that raw DNA available be of any use at the moment?

Heber
06-15-2016, 11:58 AM
It is not yet available to international customers.
I contacted them regarding Y, mtDNA and AIM coverage although I suspect it is a health only product.
You can see a preview of analytics here.

tippy
06-15-2016, 12:01 PM
In that case hopefully they'll start offering it to internationals like 23andme did early on (hefty fedex shipping costs but never mind). I also hope that we soon get an ancestry offering too.

leonardo
06-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Interesting. So, do they permit one to access their results in such a way that it can be sent to third parties for further analysis?

Heber
06-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Interesting. So, do they permit one to access their results in such a way that it can be sent to third parties for further analysis?

From the FAQ.

Can I download my genomic data?

You can download your genomic data at any point as a VCF (variant call format) file. This large file stores all your gene sequence variations. Once you’ve been sequenced through Genos, this file will be available through the Genome explorer, as part of your Variant Report. We’ve improved our capabilities since Genos Alpha. If you participated in Genos Alpha during 2015 and would like your VCF file, please email [email protected]

leonardo
06-15-2016, 01:56 PM
From the FAQ.

Can I download my genomic data?

You can download your genomic data at any point as a VCF (variant call format) file. This large file stores all your gene sequence variations. Once you’ve been sequenced through Genos, this file will be available through the Genome explorer, as part of your Variant Report. We’ve improved our capabilities since Genos Alpha. If you participated in Genos Alpha during 2015 and would like your VCF file, please email [email protected]

Excuse my ignorance, would this serve like the BAM file, whereby it can be submitted to a place like YFULL? Can one gather y-dna/mtdna and find comparative matches?

Amerijoe
06-15-2016, 03:17 PM
It is not available in Florida and New York. In live in Florida and wouldn't accept order.

FGC Corp
06-15-2016, 03:34 PM
This should be in the Other section:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/forumdisplay.php?140-Other

MacUalraig
06-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Excuse my ignorance, would this serve like the BAM file, whereby it can be submitted to a place like YFULL? Can one gather y-dna/mtdna and find comparative matches?

The exome is the parts of your genome containing genes; most of the Y SNPs are outside genes although some are inside (M222 being a notable example of the latter, in the USP9Y gene).

YFull analyse BAM or FASTQ file data. A VCF file is a report from a SNP caller run against BAM or equivalent data so I don't believe they would use it.

Heber
06-15-2016, 03:41 PM

A VCF file is more compact and lists variants to the standard reference genome..
A BAM file is more detailed and contains alignment of all reads in your sample against the genome.
You can produce a VCF file from a BAM file but not vice versa.
I understand YFull requires a BAM or FASTQ file.
I would guess that the Exome is for Healthcare only and does not include Y or mtDNA.
I have contacted Genos for clarification.

leonardo
06-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Thanks. So, this may be primarily for health related information, basically a competitor for 23andMe?

Heber
06-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Feedback from Genos
Some coverage of Y in Exome region
No coverage of mtDNA
Limited coverage of AIMs
Working to make product available internationally.

dp
06-15-2016, 05:53 PM
[withdrawn]
-dp

Xing Xu
06-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Thank Gerard for spreading words for Genos.

I am the product manager and bioinformatics lead from Genos.

I will be happy to answer all questions about Genos.

Look forward to having your on Genos.

Best,

- Xing

Interesting business model and analytic tools.

OWN YOUR DNA

Purchase a DNA kit and discover your exome, which is the most revealing part of your genome. Explore your genetic variants and associated conditions. Access certified genetic counselors for personalized consultations.

LEAD EXPLORATION

Browse inspiring and cutting edge research being conducted on the Genos platform. For studies of interest, choose to share your data with distinguished researchers. Studies will begin in Fall 2016.

RECEIVE COMPENSATION

You will be fairly compensated for sharing data thatís rightly yours when researchers accept your request to participate in a study.

Amerijoe
11-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Roberta Estes dnaexplained latest post on Genos exome test.

https://dna-explained.com/2016/11/27/genos-a-medically-focused-dna-exome-test/

Darko
11-27-2016, 09:57 PM
nice compagny and a very profesional customer support ,I received my result from this company the beginning of this month and it was very interesting and instructive I also submited my raw data to promethease and i received a detailed and interesting personal DNA report for only $5