PDA

View Full Version : New GEDmatch calculators?

Sikeliot
06-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Something I have been wondering: will there be new GEDmatch calculators added, or are the ones we have now the extent of what will be there?

What we have now is great, I just wondered since there was a period of time last year where they got added regularly and now there have not been new ones.

crossover
06-21-2016, 06:07 PM
idk, but making those admixture calculators are hard and need a computer with dozens of processors to make them. they also take time to make as well

K33
06-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Something I have been wondering: will there be new GEDmatch calculators added, or are the ones we have now the extent of what will be there?

What we have now is great, I just wondered since there was a period of time last year where they got added regularly and now there have not been new ones.I'm sure Kurd and others will be making new ones after the data from the new Lazaridis study comes out. I don't want to speak for him but I'd guess he'd take the existing CHG K10, and make the following tweaks:

- Re-calibrate the "Gedrosian" component from CHG to Iran_Neolithic, since Lazaridis reported CHG apparently had higher levels of EHG and Anatolian_N than previously reported while the Iranian samples were more basal

- Substitute "Natufian Hunter Gatherer" for "Southwest Asian" and re-calibrate that component.

Dienekes has been wrong about some things, but the Dodecad v3 calculator he put out a few years ago seems to have been spot on predicting the modal distributions of the primary West Eurasian Mesolithic/Neolithic population at least when matched with Kurd's reversion calculator. The only "ghost population" remaining to be unearthed from this epoch is "Northwest African"-- the proto-Berber component.

My results compared between the 2 models:

http://i.imgur.com/6gj8g5S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/62rfopO.jpg

jortita
06-21-2016, 11:15 PM
If I am not mistaken, PuntDNALking has sent the modern PuntDNAL k10 to Gedmatch but it has not been uploaded as a new calculator as yet. Similarly there might be other calculators that were sent but not included as yet

Morges
07-25-2016, 07:05 AM
Afaik GEDmatch has some problems but new calculators will be updated into few weeks.

The_Lyonnist
12-05-2016, 08:45 PM
And now ?

jortita
12-10-2016, 01:06 PM
No sign of new calculators including MDLP and PuntDNA