PDA

View Full Version : E-M35 predicted haplogroup result?

Deftextra
06-23-2016, 10:21 PM
I got my results back from FTDNA's 37-STR test, and they predicted my haplogroup as E-M35. I'm from a small community of mixed origin from the coastal towns and city's of southern Somalia. Some of my cousins tested and they got L1, R1a1a and J1 so far. The first thing that came to my mind is that it must be of Somali origin, which makes sense. However, I'm not sure how to confirm this. I tried the negeven tool and they predicted the subclade E-V12 at 70% probability and got the following warning message:

"Warning: Values of fitness (or relative fitness) are rather small, so results are not too confident. It is possible that its haplogroup is not supported by current version of predictor, or haplotype really belong to some supported haplogroup, but it is rare or too distant branch, which is not sufficiently represented in samples used by predictor."

I looked at the Wikipedia page and the highest frequency of E-V12 is in southern Egypt (70%).

I match 4 people at a genetic distance of 1. A bulgarian, somali, jordanian and saudi. Why do I match a Bulgarian at a higher percentage than a Somali? is a genetic distance of 1 just too small?

drobbah
06-23-2016, 11:40 PM
I got my results back from FTDNA's 37-STR test, and they predicted my haplogroup as E-M35. I'm from a small community of mixed origin from the coastal towns and city's of southern Somalia. Some of my cousins tested and they got L1, R1a1a and J1 so far. The first thing that came to my mind is that it must be of Somali origin, which makes sense. However, I'm not sure how to confirm this. I tried the negeven tool and they predicted the subclade E-V12 at 70% probability and got the following warning message:

"Warning: Values of fitness (or relative fitness) are rather small, so results are not too confident. It is possible that its haplogroup is not supported by current version of predictor, or haplotype really belong to some supported haplogroup, but it is rare or too distant branch, which is not sufficiently represented in samples used by predictor."

I looked at the Wikipedia page and the highest frequency of E-V12 is in southern Egypt (70%).

I match 4 people at a genetic distance of 1. A bulgarian, somali, jordanian and saudi. Why do I match a Bulgarian at a higher percentage than a Somali? is a genetic distance of 1 just too small?

It could be E-V32 from your Somali side.What is your dys 19 value(third number)?

Deftextra
06-23-2016, 11:44 PM
It could be E-V32 from your Somali side.What is your dys 19 value(third number)?

Thanks for the reply, dys19=11 .

drobbah
06-23-2016, 11:56 PM
You're definitely E-V32 walaal!

Deftextra
06-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Hahahahaha, that was unexpected, but I had a feeling my father would be E-V32, because Benadiri's from Mogadishu tend to look more Somali on average and more Somali influenced. However, I have no know full blown Somali paternal ancestor for a few generation. Probably got absorbed in the community Somewhere along the line.

Almagest
06-24-2016, 03:01 PM

V12 peaks in Somalis. V12* peaks in Southern Egyptians. Join the E-M35 project to see if the Admins can assign a subclade under V32.