PDA

View Full Version : WeGene now accepts the raw data file for Ancestry.com's v2.0 chip

xraywu
06-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Today we are happy to announce that WeGene now accepts the raw data file for Ancestry.com's v2.0 chip. As usual, you need to upload the file in .zip format as it is downloaded. We now calculate paternal/maternal haplogroups for this chip though with the limited number of SNPs provided accuracy can not be fully guaranteed. Feedback and issue report welcome.

Feel free to tell us what you thought :)

jortita
06-28-2016, 12:08 PM
As being based in Thailand, I can only test with National Geographic and FTDNA, I would really appreciate if you could please let me know whether you will soon accept FTDNA raw data as well. Thank you

xraywu
06-28-2016, 03:17 PM
As being based in Thailand, I can only test with National Geographic and FTDNA, I would really appreciate if you could please let me know whether you will soon accept FTDNA raw data as well. Thank you

It is in planning, but could take a while before we have the resources to address it... Really sorry about that and thanks for your patience

Theconqueror
06-28-2016, 03:40 PM
The lack of import for FTDNA data is sort of annoying, as well as the lack of free import (other data file in 23andme format for instance).

Abd.H
06-28-2016, 07:08 PM
The lack of import for FTDNA data is sort of annoying, as well as the lack of free import (other data file in 23andme format for instance).

I am totally agree with you.
I have had my tests with FTDNA and I can't import my data to WeGene :pout:

jortita
07-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Continue to look forward to wegenes soon accepting FTDNA raw data

jortita
07-22-2016, 03:24 AM
Would appreciate an update on when Wegenes is likely to accept FTDNA raw data as some of us have only tested with FTDNA

jortita
07-25-2016, 02:44 AM
Today we are happy to announce that WeGene now accepts the raw data file for Ancestry.com's v2.0 chip. As usual, you need to upload the file in .zip format as it is downloaded. We now calculate paternal/maternal haplogroups for this chip though with the limited number of SNPs provided accuracy can not be fully guaranteed. Feedback and issue report welcome.

Would really appreciate if you could please let me know the tentative date for you to accept FTDNA raw data, thank you very much in advance

crossover
08-01-2016, 02:54 AM
how accurate are the wegene mtdna predictions for ancestry v2 chips?

Ann Turner
08-02-2016, 04:19 AM
The v2 mtDNA SNPs seem to be selected primarily for medical relevance, not haplogroup assignments. They don't even include the "backbone SNPs" FTDNA uses for predicting a haplogroup from HVR1/HVR2 data

jortita
08-03-2016, 11:27 PM

Mr Wu, would be extremely grateful for an update on your plans to enable import of FTDNA raw data, thank you very much in advance

jortita
08-09-2016, 08:09 AM

I am not sure whether you received my earlier. Not just me, but others who have only tested with FTDNA would really appreciate if you could please let us know on when you will start allowing import of FTDNA data. As personally I am very keen on analysis through wegene, I have even tried unsuccessfully in uploading the FTDNA file converted to ancestry dna format on the wegenes site

jortita
08-11-2016, 08:02 AM
I am quite concerned that inspite of my polite reminders, Wegene has not responded which in my view is somewhat unprofessional. If you do intend to allow import of FTDNA please do clarify as I would be satisfied with the response

shazou
08-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I am not sure whether you received my earlier. Not just me, but others who have only tested with FTDNA would really appreciate if you could please let us know on when you will start allowing import of FTDNA data. As personally I am very keen on analysis through wegene, I have even tried unsuccessfully in uploading the FTDNA file converted to ancestry dna format on the wegenes site
DNA.Land converts all raw data into the 23andme format, which you can download on their site. Perhaps this might work on WeGene?

Edit: Nevermind. You have to sign in to your 23andme account, I forgot.

jortita
08-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Would really appreciate Mr Wu if you could please let us know whether you intend to allow upload of FTDNA at some point in the near future, thank you

jortita
09-15-2016, 02:07 AM

Would really appreciate if you could kindly provide an update on whether Wegene intends to allow for uploading FTDNA raw data, thank you

Kurumim
05-09-2017, 12:17 AM
when will you accept ftdna raw data? :(((((((

gilco
07-03-2018, 04:30 AM
when will you accept ftdna raw data? :(((((((

I am very interested in knowing when will FTDNA raw data will be accepted in WeGene.

Thank You