PDA

View Full Version : Genetiker's theory and this forum's totalitarian behaviour

Power77
06-29-2016, 08:25 PM
I noticed how everyone on this forum unfairly bashes the user known as "genetiker" just because he supports a different view concerning the origins of Indo-European languages and most European uniparental markers. I find this behavior to be be extremely anti-scientific and intolerant. Can any of you people on this forum explain why such intolerance towords someone just because he happens to disagree with you? Also the user genetiker should be free to comment on this thread.

Anabasis
06-29-2016, 09:18 PM
I noticed how everyone on this forum unfairly bashes the user known as "genetiker" just because he supports a different view concerning the origins of Indo-European languages and most European uniparental markers. I find this behavior to be be extremely anti-scientific and intolerant. Can any of you people on this forum explain why such intolerance towords someone just because he happens to disagree with you? Also the user genetiker should be free to comment on this thread.

In my opinion there is not intolerance. there are just some disagreements and critizes. Its valid for both side. Even sometimes genetiker is more agressive but its understandable as far as he couldnt find many supporters for his teories.

Power77
06-29-2016, 09:35 PM
In my opinion there is not intolerance. there are just some disagreements and critizes. Its valid for both side. Even sometimes genetiker is more agressive but its understandable as far as he couldnt find many supporters for his teories.

I understand, but it seems to me that the Kurgan hypothesis is literally taken as God's word on this forum. And this is the anti-scientific behaviour I mentioned in my earlier post.

gravetti
06-30-2016, 07:01 AM

The astronomical predictions of Ptolemy's geocentric model were used to prepare astrological and astronomical charts for over 1500 years. The geocentric model held sway into the early modern age, but from the late 16th century onward was gradually superseded by the heliocentric model of Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler. There was much resistance to the transition between these two theories. Christian theologians were reluctant to reject a theory that agreed with Bible passages (e.g. "Sun, stand you still upon Gibeon", Joshua 10:12 – King James 2000 Bible). Others felt a new, unknown theory could not subvert an accepted consensus for geocentrism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocentric_model

MikeWhalen
06-30-2016, 11:13 AM
'everyone on the forum unfairly bashes the user known as "Power77"?

really guy?

Mike

06-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Thread closed under rule 3.10. Lacks substance.