PDA

View Full Version : Which GEDmatch calculator is best for me?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
07-08-2016, 06:33 AM
My known ancestry: West African, East African and Middle Eastern and North African+ there might be more
i don't know...

Sikeliot
07-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Probably one of the ones designed for people of African descent, that really differentiates between the African components? Ethiohelix or one of the PuntDNA ones.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
07-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Probably one of the ones designed for people of African descent, that really differentiates between the African components? Ethiohelix or one of the PuntDNA ones.

Thanks, is there a calculator primarily focused on Africans with Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian, East Asian and European basically West Eurasian and East Eurasian admixture?

tippy
07-08-2016, 09:28 AM
puntdnal k8 african only, dodecad africa9, ethiohelix would all be most useful for you. The others either don't have enough african components or samples so they won't be as useful.

Lank
07-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Eurogenes K36. It has West African (Niger-Congo), Omotic, Northeast African (Cushitic), East African (Maasai-related), Central African (proper Nilotic or South Sudanese), and a ton of Eurasian components. This calculator has the potential to distinguish recent ME admixture from ancient stuff mediated by East African pastoralists.

Unfortunately, it doesn't differentiate Niger-Congo groups at all, but it's probably safe to assume that West African (and part of the East African) is Bantu in your case.