PDA

View Full Version : Post Your "Regional Ancestry" Results

Humanist
07-20-2016, 11:25 PM
A thread to post your "Regional Ancestry (https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations/)" results.

khanabadoshi
07-20-2016, 11:33 PM
2.0 Next Generation

https://i.gyazo.com/25f2a8be200eea1235c4889397d99445.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ff68ee212d39035cd3bf8bd6619ad762.png

jortita
07-21-2016, 03:29 AM

jortita
07-21-2016, 06:04 AM
I am curious to know what my results would have been with the earlier version of the Geno 2.0, I have run the Eurogenes calculator meant to mirror Geno 2.0 previous version, however do not feel that the results would be the same if I am able to run my data through the earlier version

The_Lyonnist
07-21-2016, 08:57 AM
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/879596CompoGeno.png

XooR
07-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Laz from Ardesen / Rize
Geno 2 Next

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee370/xoorslug/13445813_10154061961096886_278099649093195710_n_zp syv4l6vkw.jpg (http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/xoorslug/media/13445813_10154061961096886_278099649093195710_n_zp syv4l6vkw.jpg.html)

khanabadoshi
07-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Laz from Ardesen / Rize
Geno 2 Next

Wow, I didn't know people were assigned 100% one component. Pretty cool!

kingjohn
07-21-2016, 05:27 PM
dear lyonist
they lumped all the southern components of dna land
med-islander , italian, south west european , sardinain if you add al of them {it is close to 65 %} gave you under one roof southern europe
cool results!!! and scandinavia
best regards
adam

Dewsloth
07-21-2016, 05:39 PM

https://s31.postimg.org/q01b7fmej/ng_Capture.jpg

So many questions about the Southern European content. Everything else is accounted for.

firemonkey
07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
If you have done 23andMe, Ancestry and FTDNA is it really worth doing Geno next generation?

Dewsloth
07-21-2016, 08:13 PM
A thread to post your "Regional Ancestry (https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations/)" results.

That link takes you to the older reference populations. The Next Gen ones are at:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

Fun to compare the two...

khanabadoshi
07-21-2016, 08:24 PM
If you have done 23andMe, Ancestry and FTDNA is it really worth doing Geno next generation?

Not really. Genographic uses FTDNA; the reason I have FTDNA results, is that I transferred my Geno 2.0 to FTDNA for free.

Kurd
07-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Here is the only one I have. It is an Iraqi Kurd samples I manage.

http://i.imgur.com/o8EbXSh.png

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 12:38 AM
I am curious to know what my results would have been with the earlier version of the Geno 2.0, I have run the Eurogenes calculator meant to mirror Geno 2.0 previous version, however do not feel that the results would be the same if I am able to run my data through the earlier version

Which Eurogenes one is that? I haven't seen any that make Geno 2.0-like results really.

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 12:39 AM
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/879596CompoGeno.png

Interesting that it gave you the two extremes but none at all of the Western and Central European middle.

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 12:47 AM

It's probably better to have done Geno 2.0 NG and not FTDNA. At this point it's a tricky call. There is no guarantee you will get a more detailed haplogroup that you got from 23 (although the presentation is way cooler and it walks you out of Africa step by step). At this point the results seem the same as MyOrigins so you won't get anything new there, at least not for now, although their reference populations make it all way clearer what is going on and their maps are drawn in a way that is much less misleading for each area. But you might not actually get any new info itself per se at this point just some nice haplo presentation of already known results (although with much luck maybe a bit more refined results) and some nicer maps and reference populations views (to help explain the MyOrigins better). It is a lot of money just for that even if that stuff is nice though. Anyway, I recommend people skip the FamilyFinder and do the Geno 2.0 NG instead when starting but at this point it's tough. For actual deeper specific findings you probably need to order full mtDNA and/or Y67/111 and/or BigY.

jortita
07-22-2016, 12:49 AM
I have also only done Geno 2.0 next generation which was then transferred to FTDNA

jortita
07-22-2016, 12:50 AM
Which Eurogenes one is that? I haven't seen any that make Geno 2.0-like results really.

It is supposed to be Eurogenes K9b

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 12:58 AM
I have also only done Geno 2.0 next generation which was then transferred to FTDNA

same here too

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 01:02 AM
It is supposed to be Eurogenes K9b

It's sort of different. The Northern_European vs. Mediterranean vs. Southwest_Asian are radically different than what my mom and dad got. Although it does show the same thing with my dad getting a bigger Southwest_Asian:Mediterranean ratio than my mom but the % are all radically different for those three categories. I really don't think it gives the same results as Geno 2.0 at all.

wombatofthenorth
07-22-2016, 01:11 AM
For my dad (I tried the image upload here but there were no buttons for accept so tried external links instead):
https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8669/27846085123_0862e597f1_o.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8592/27846085033_099acee120_o.jpg
https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8654/27846085253_f982da69b0_o.jpg

For the record so far all entries on his family tree are Latvian but lots of holes and plenty of lines not trace so far back. Putting all ancestry tests together hints at mostly Baltic but with probably one or so Finnish ancestors and a couple or so from maybe down around Romania or the western Ukraine or something and the Y-haplo hints at one person from Western Europe most likely at some point. The FamilyFinder results at FTDNA strongly suggest that the Finnish ancestor hinted at by the various ancestry compositions is real since 6 people all match on a Finnish segment to him and 5 have nothing but Finland listed as their background and the 6th has nothing but Sweden and Norway type stuff listed.

Dewsloth
07-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Interesting that it gave you the two extremes but none at all of the Western and Central European middle.

Mine is similar, above: Half of my dad's family is German for every generation I can document back to the 1600s (with the rest being British with one Swiss and one Belgian family thrown in), butNG says there's no central or western European listed. Some sort of autosomal hop, or something to do with their algorithms?

jortita
07-22-2016, 01:33 AM
It's sort of different. The Northern_European vs. Mediterranean vs. Southwest_Asian are radically different than what my mom and dad got. Although it does show the same thing with my dad getting a bigger Southwest_Asian:Mediterranean ratio than my mom but the % are all radically different for those three categories. I really don't think it gives the same results as Geno 2.0 at all.

I agree with you, for your information below are my Eurogenes k9b results

Southwest_Asian 53.83
Native_American 1.04
Northeast_Asian 9.82
Mediterranean 0.62
North_European 5.20
Southeast_Asian 22.13
Oceanian 5.45
South_African 0.42
Sub-Saharan_African 1.48

The_Lyonnist
07-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Indeed. It's very interesting. Maybe someone here has an explanation.

Oathsworn
07-23-2016, 06:32 PM
My kit has completed the DNA isolation process, looking forward to the results now. The first Geno 2.0 results were a tad bland I must say.

Oathsworn
08-24-2016, 06:17 PM
Results are in!

EDIt - Strange.. it's telling me I don't have permission to upload? Why is that?

Anyhow in text...

Western and Central European 67%
Great Britain and Ireland 11%
Scandinavia 11%
Finland and Siberia 9%

Closest Population match #1

Dutch
Western and Central Europe 59%
Great Britain and Ireland 19%
Scandinavia 13%
Eastern Europe 6%
Southern European 3%

Second closest population #2

French
Western and Central Europe 59%
Southern Europe 21%
Great Britain and Ireland 7%
Eastern Europe 5%
Jewish Diaspora 3%
Northern Africa 2%
Scandinavia 2%

kingjohn
08-24-2016, 06:46 PM
i can't see the results :(
maybe the link is not good
best regards
adam

Abd.H
08-24-2016, 06:53 PM
I am really curious to know what my results would be if had done Geno 2.0
I wish in the future that FTDNA customers would be able to transfer their data to Geno 2.0 :amen:

kingjohn
08-24-2016, 06:59 PM
how did you open the link
i get this
vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
regards
Adam

Oathsworn
08-24-2016, 07:16 PM
how did you open the link
i get this
vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
regards
Adam

Sorry for some reason I'm not allowed permission to upload? However, I've written the results out in text for time being :)

Darko
08-31-2016, 09:48 PM
my Regional Ancestry:

-Western and Central Africa 37%
-Eastern Africa 22%
-Arabia 19%
- Northern Africa 14%
-Southern europe 5%
-Jewish Diaspora 4%

First Reference Population: Bermudian

Second Reference Population: Haitian

Dewsloth
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Fun times with recombination and computerized regional assumptions.
So this is me (I posted this earlier) -- Mom's family is from Lebanon, so I figured the Asia Minor and Arab portions were all from her, maybe some southern europe, too:

And this is my dad's recent result:
https://s15.postimg.org/7vmvz0gnf/dadng20.jpg
According to them, he groups most closely to Danes and then Norwegians.

It looks like NG2.0next shifted some of his Scandinavian into my Britain/Ireland. Not that there's any surprise that they are closely related (and I know we have ancestors in both regions), but I wonder what tips the scales when the admixture is so blurred.

Mom's waiting for her results. Maybe there's more British there or something?

kingjohn
09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
dear dewsloth
when you get your mother results
{you say she is ful lebanese }
i will realy appricate if you can post her neaderthal %we know darko is 0.3% so i am very intrested what levantines like your mom will score
i think geno2 neaderthal estimation is probably good better then there previews.
regards
adam

Dewsloth
09-06-2016, 04:30 PM
dear dewsloth
i will realy appricate if you can post her neaderthal %we know darko is 0.3% so i am very intrested what levantines like your mom will score
i think geno2 neaderthal estimation is probably good better then there previews.
regards
adam

It's probably low: I scored lower than my dad, iirc. Hang on, I'll check.

Edit: My dad scored 1.2% and I scored 1.0%, so mom's probably lower than that. I'll post it when I get it (probably another month or so).

kingjohn
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
i am holding my fingers :)
i think geno2 next generation neaqderthal estimate
is even more presice than 23and me ...
your mother should score 0.5-1% hope to see it soon
regards
adam

vettor
09-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Not really. Genographic uses FTDNA; the reason I have FTDNA results, is that I transferred my Geno 2.0 to FTDNA for free.

The old Natgeno2 gave the tester both positive and negative SNP , but the next Gen only supplies the positive SNP as per Ftdna request

When I transferred my Geno 2 ( old ) ftdna only took over the SNP they tested at the time ............they had to manually do my negative additions in ftdna

Theconqueror
09-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Still, the breakdown of populations is different than FTDNA right?

Maximilian
10-11-2016, 12:45 PM

Obviously the 3% arab origins from hebrew cohenim. Fascinating!

Amerijoe
10-11-2016, 04:19 PM
The 2% Arabian may give credence to JeanM's theory on a Roman conscript from that area. FTDNA has a 2% result for East Middle East. It's one theory on how my DNA got to Scotland. Several of gedmatch admixtures point to that area as well. With one half of my ancestry a blank, all theories are worth a look.

AbsoluteZero
10-29-2016, 04:47 AM
56% East Asian. 44% Southeast Asian.

1st reference population: Chinese
2nd reference population: Filipino

jortita
10-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Are you filipino?

wmehar
12-01-2016, 05:53 PM

It varies a bit from what I've gotten from other tests, Western Europe/Central Europe is a bit surprising to see, and I'm shocked there's no Mediterranean component when at about 50% of my heritage is from the Mediterranean Islands (Chios-Greece and Cyprus).

But I suppose that can be Captured in Asia Minor and Southern Europe? I'm not sure how they calibrated/defined the regions.

FTDNA had the West/Central Euro component at 3% with Southern Euro at 20%.

wombatofthenorth
12-02-2016, 02:25 AM

It varies a bit from what I've gotten from other tests, Western Europe/Central Europe is a bit surprising to see, and I'm shocked there's no Mediterranean component when at about 50% of my heritage is from the Mediterranean Islands (Chios-Greece and Cyprus).

But I suppose that can be Captured in Asia Minor and Southern Europe? I'm not sure how they calibrated/defined the regions.

FTDNA had the West/Central Euro component at 3% with Southern Euro at 20%.

They don't have Mediterranean label. Mediterranean is covered by Southern European (by which they mean parts of Central and Western Europe along the Mediterranean) and Asia Minor (which includes a more eastern shifted Mediterranean component). And you got 50% of those which actually exactly matches your 50% Chios-Greece+Cyprus.

wmehar
12-06-2016, 06:43 PM
They don't have Mediterranean label. Mediterranean is covered by Southern European (by which they mean parts of Central and Western Europe along the Mediterranean) and Asia Minor (which includes a more eastern shifted Mediterranean component). And you got 50% of those which actually exactly matches your 50% Chios-Greece+Cyprus.

That makes sense,

Though my father is Arrain/Punjab Pakistani, and I'm fairly certain the western European component cannot be attributed to him. I'm certain 10% to 13 % of that Asia minor component came from him. While the 20% + 17% Southern India/Central Asia was from him as well.

If anything if I were to stick to this chart then my break down by parent should be:

10% South Euro + 28% Asia Minor + 12% West/Central Europe = 50% from Mom
Then 20% Central Asia + 13% Asia Minor + 17% South India = 50% from Dad

Luckily being half one and the other makes allocating the autosomal makeup much easier.

Wierdly enough It seems Inherited more DNA from my maternal grandmother (is that even possible?), but this may be a hasty assumption based on Gedmatch %'s. The generation distance is estimated to be at 1.4 generations between my maternal grandmother and myself.

The matched cM is 2044, while the longest segment is 144 cM. ( a few whole chromosomes match up)

I can't say for sure unless I've got a chance to study and look at gedmatch matches between parents/children and grandparents and children.

Amerijoe
12-06-2016, 08:05 PM
The 2% Arabian may give credence to JeanM's theory on a Roman conscript from that area. FTDNA has a 2% result for East Middle East. It's one theory on how my DNA got to Scotland. Several of gedmatch admixtures point to that area as well. With one half of my ancestry a blank, all theories are worth a look.

Jean, recent BigY points me in the location of East Prussia around 3K+ ago. Yfull update coming. Unless the legion swung through on their way to Britain doesn't look good for the conscript connection. Quid faciam omnia, quae Latine. Old Prussian is no longer used. If I meet an Old Prussian signed language it is! :)

P.S. The Arabian 2% may well be noise. FTDNA shows it as 2% East Middle East.

Dewsloth
01-03-2017, 05:36 PM
dear dewsloth
regards
adam

Edit: My dad scored 1.2% and I scored 1.0%, so mom's probably lower than that. I'll post it when I get it (probably another month or so).

NG lost her results for months but they finally came in: Mom is 0.9% Neanderthal.

Dewsloth
01-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Fun times with recombination and computerized regional assumptions.
So this is me (I posted this earlier) -- Mom's family is from Lebanon, so I figured the Asia Minor and Arab portions were all from her, maybe some southern europe, too:

And this is my dad's recent result:
https://s15.postimg.org/7vmvz0gnf/dadng20.jpg
According to them, he groups most closely to Danes and then Norwegians.

It looks like NG2.0next shifted some of his Scandinavian into my Britain/Ireland. Not that there's any surprise that they are closely related (and I know we have ancestors in both regions), but I wonder what tips the scales when the admixture is so blurred.

Mom's waiting for her results. Maybe there's more British there or something?

Well Mom's results are in, but NG doesn't use exactly the same graphic as before:

https://s27.postimg.org/cqfivvxoz/m_Capture.jpg

She groups closest to Georgians and North Caucasus. NG's "typical" Lebanese sample average is 44% Arab, 14% Diasporah, Asia Minor 10%, Southern Europe 5%, N. Africa 11%, E. Africa 2%

kingjohn
01-03-2017, 06:27 PM
dear dewsloth
thanks for sharing i have been waiting
to hear it :
0.9% neaderthal
high :)
she is full lebanese{middle eastern} :)
best regards
adam

Dewsloth
01-03-2017, 06:41 PM
dear dewsloth
regards
adam

dear dewsloth
thanks for sharing i have been waiting
to hear it :
0.9% neaderthal
high :)
she is full lebanese{middle eastern} :)
best regards
adam

No prob.
I'm trying to figure out how I've ended up with a higher % of Diaspora than either of my parents, I guess it's cumulative and their respective Diaspora alleles aren't entirely duplicative/redundant.
Or it could be the same fuzzy calculator math that gives me far more British/Irish than my dad (at the expense of Scandinavian).

kingjohn
03-05-2017, 02:50 PM
ok i ordered geno2 nextgeneration
hope it will arrived soon { 5 days }and then i will send it back to usa
hope it is a good deal :)
main resons:
to see my y haplogroup update E-m34 is not enough resolution :\
and to see about the neaderthal %
expecting between 0.6-0.8
regards
adam

kingjohn
03-14-2017, 12:52 PM
ok i sent my geno2 kit today
hope it will go well
regrads
adam

kingjohn
03-14-2017, 06:42 PM
That link takes you to the older reference populations. The Next Gen ones are at:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

Fun to compare the two...

thanks for sharing :)
how do the iranian refrence here score 56% arabia amazing
and about the jewish diaspora that i will sure score 40%
as i see non jews who score 5% of it ???
regards
adam

kingjohn
03-20-2017, 05:08 PM
what is the refrences for central asia ?
in ftdna it was pashtoon and here what ?
i heared they are using ftdna lab if that is the case it is bad news
regards
adam

p.s
i know that for southern european: it is tuscany bergamo

kingjohn
05-12-2017, 05:39 AM
my results i think it look like the my origins 1.0
except for west central europe who appear and the asia minor which is much higher than before
the eastern european of my origins 2.0 disappeared
the biggest is afcorse the jewish diaspora :)
and now i am 11% west central europe
the central asia came back {sogodians i still in love}

regards
Adam

kingjohn
05-12-2017, 06:45 AM
the wierd thing is
that geno2 next generation didn't gave me neaderthal score yet
i see 0% no chance in the world
i guess it is because the period of 8-10 weeks didn't end yet ..

when i transfer my results to ftdna
now i am E-S11956
MTDNA STILL H3

p.s
i have to say i am happy with the results look logical :)
my goals were to get higher resolution on the y haplogroup and it was done :)

kingjohn
05-12-2017, 12:40 PM
my regional ancestry
we can see in the map that for southern Europe they don't use Italy as the spot in
the border between southwest France and Spain
for the west central European the spot in north -Italy Swiss area
the Asia -minor spot is in Caucasus region
regards
adam

dominique_nuit
05-12-2017, 01:11 PM
My Geno 2.0 Next Generation Results

Northwestern Europe 38%
Italy & Southern Europe 37%
Eastern Europe 9%
West Mediterranean 6%
Jewish Diaspora 4%
Asia Minor 3%
Eastern Africa 2%

I find the 2% Eastern Africa puzzling. I suspect it is because my maternal line is HV16, which is well represented in Ethiopia and Somalia. But this is not real science. My mother's background is 1/2 Irish & 1/2 Northern English!

The 9% Eastern Europe is also a mystery to me. Perhaps I have some autosomal R1a???

My father's family is from Calabria. Therefore, I suppose Southern Europe 37%, West Mediterranean 6%, Jewish Diaspora 4%, Asia Minor 3% is all from his side.

It would be nice if National Geographic would explain to customers the actual basis for the "Regional Ancestry" results. That is, why not divulge the autosomal DNA data???

kingjohn
05-12-2017, 03:15 PM
It would be nice if National Geographic would explain to customers the actual basis for the "Regional Ancestry" results. That is, why not divulge the autosomal DNA data???[/QUOTE]
indid agree :)
remember that autosomal dna which geno2 test doesn't always go in line with direct paternal line or maternal line .
did you happen to test with helix ?
because i don't think ftdna lab have west med reference
i personally like the results it goes inline with my origins 1.0 and dna land
i think there Sephardi reference of my origins 2.0 screw things :\
the intention was good but not the results i hope they will fix it in my origins 3.0.
did you get your neanderthal results after 6 weeks or only after 8-10 weeks ?
since they gave me 0% and it can't be unless my parents were born in Congo :\ i sent them email about it
regards
adam

p.s

even ethiopian woman on the net score 0.6% neanderthal close to south Arabia %

dominique_nuit
05-12-2017, 07:26 PM
It would be nice if National Geographic would explain to customers the actual basis for the "Regional Ancestry" results. That is, why not divulge the autosomal DNA data???
remember that autosomal dna which geno2 test doesn't always go in line with direct paternal line or maternal line .
[/I][/QUOTE]

Helix performed the testing, but National Geographic interpreted of the results

Of course another possible explanation for the 2% Eastern Africa result is Jewish immigration from Alexandria, Egypt to Italy ----> the Nile River could have acted as a genetic highway between Ethiopia and Alexandria

But I think the "interpretation," in my case, has to do with the HV mtDNA haplogroup

dominique_nuit
05-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Did you get your neanderthal results after 6 weeks or only after 8-10 weeks [/I]? [/I]

I received all results at once, roughly 9-10 weeks after submitting

My Neanderthal score is 1.4%

kingjohn
05-12-2017, 10:29 PM
i have to say i am amazed that i dont carry any neaderthal admixture
must be mistake of the lab as people in north africa carry 0.3-0.4%
so the 0% is total shock for me .....

p.s

i think the eastern africa probably came from the calabrian side of yours .....

wombatofthenorth
05-16-2017, 05:41 AM
[/B]
[/I]

Helix performed the testing, but National Geographic interpreted of the results

Of course another possible explanation for the 2% Eastern Africa result is Jewish immigration from Alexandria, Egypt to Italy ----> the Nile River could have acted as a genetic highway between Ethiopia and Alexandria

But I think the "interpretation," in my case, has to do with the HV mtDNA haplogroup[/QUOTE]

haplogroups don't get used for the ancestry composition at all

wombatofthenorth
05-16-2017, 05:42 AM
I received all results at once, roughly 9-10 weeks after submitting

My Neanderthal score is 1.4%

wow, that's really high

dominique_nuit
05-22-2017, 08:11 AM
haplogroups don't get used for the ancestry composition at all

So what does Helix look at to determine Regional Ancestry? Is it simply a "snap shot" of different parts of the genome as compared with how these parts look in various sample populations?

Does the East African finding represent a recent migration up the Nile to Italy? Or does it represent a very ancient part of the genome? If the former, then it seems puzzling that I do not have any North African or Arabian ancestry. If the latter, then I would think that "everybody" would have at least 2% East African ancestry

dominique_nuit
05-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Well, I have done a bit more reading both here and on Eupedia, and my tentative conclusion is that my 2% Eastern Africa ancestry represents a Neolithic admixture. Although my Y haplogroup is G2a, there is also a great deal of E1b1b in Calabria. In all likelihood, my G2a ancestors mixed with populations from Eastern Africa either in the Levant or en route to Calabria. Alternatively, it is possible that certain subclades of E1b1b traveled to Calabria via Tunisia, which would account for the high incidence of "Red Sea" admixture in Southern Italy relative to neighboring European regions. (I will assume that Geno 2.0 NG's term "Eastern Africa" roughly corresponds to Dodeclad's "Red Sea" admixture ---> See the map on the Eupedia site, which I am sadly unable to link)

Over the course of 6000 years in Calabria, in each one of my ancestors, "early European farmer" DNA would have combined and recombined with Eastern Africa DNA. If I had a single ancestor six generations ago who was fully Eastern African, all that would remain of him in me today is roughly 2%. But it is much more likely that each of my 63 recent Calabrese ancestors each had about 2 to 5% Eastern Africa DNA, in an enduring signal of Neolithic admixture.

Certainly, in my case, a Neolithic admixture makes more sense than a more recent admixture. The hypothetical Copt fleeing the Arab invasions 55 generations ago would have given me North African DNA as well as East African, but I do not have the former in significant quantity.

Of course, then again, I have 4% Jewish Diaspora, and these populations might also have carried Eastern African DNA, so I suppose all I can do is speculate

kingjohn
05-27-2017, 02:16 PM

i think you are right
it could be in part west med genes in the costal areas in southern france and the area border between spain and france ....
i don't know why they dont defined the region of refrences used in each cluster why should i guess ..... :\

Salento
05-30-2017, 03:49 PM
91% Italy & Southern Europe
5% Southwestern Europe
2% Eastern Europe

kingjohn
06-01-2017, 10:16 PM
my neaderthal % after the mistake of geno2 lab
there was a rounding eror tahts why i got 0% at first
but now i looked at my profile they fix it

Solothurn
06-02-2017, 02:17 AM
Northern European 42%
Mediterranean 37%
Southwest Asian 19%

Neanderthal 2.5%
Denisovan 2.0%

Maximilian
06-03-2017, 10:18 AM
My paternal grandmother

Her paternal side was from the so-called "wine quarter", a region neareast to Vienna, in Lower Austria. This region is kind of famous for its endogamic family policy - marrying a cousin was rather normality than rarity for centuries.

Her maternal side was mostly austrian (Viennese) and for a rather small part czech.

http://i.imgur.com/Xlpv1rv.png

her mtDNA: X2M'N

kingjohn
06-03-2017, 12:55 PM
very nice results thanks for sharing :)
how much neaderthal % you and your grandmother score ?
from what i see on the net europeans are usually score 1.5%
regards
Adam

Maximilian
06-03-2017, 01:10 PM
I do have 1.1% Neanderthal DNA, my grandmother scores just 1.0%.

Can't wait for my father's results, I sent his sample a week ago..

kingjohn
06-03-2017, 01:49 PM
i saw some south europeans withthe same neaderthal % as your grandmother
there are some british people results i saw they score 1.3%
some european people who are tested with helix than i do see 1.5% high
yes your father results
should be very intresting
reagrds
adam

p.s
what caught my eye here is that you score huge west central europe but your paternal grandmother nada but she do score scandinavia fascinating stuff
it is bummer geno2 don't publish which populations they used as refrence to each component .
i am kind of lost with the west central european they gave me
yesterday when i look in the update results after they fixed there rounding error
i raise up from 11% to 17% west central europe { it is something i never got in other testthat i have done } :\
maybe i match the southern european admixture in french i don't know :\

kingjohn
06-14-2017, 03:58 PM
i asked migukle villar about the difference between my origins 2.0 and geno 2 next results
how could it be :

dear migule,
is there any news from ftdna
i am very confused now *:( sad how in my origins 2.0 i score 11% east euro
but 0% on genographic next
and how i score 0% west central europe in my origins 2.0
but 11-17% here in geno2 next ...
is they have any explanation for it
how do i know what is right and what is wrong results
with kind regards
adam

his answere they are using the old algoritem for geno 2 next good to know

Hello Adam,

FTDNA has now moved to a new algorithm and new regions, so it's a completely new calculations and the geographical boundaries are not the same between tests.
However, for Geno kits, they maintain the old algorithm calculation.
Can you share with me your total percentages from both kits?
The reason I ask if I have that I can go back to FTDNA and see what the differences are. In reality, the differences among the regions in Europe are quite small, and if you are from a region, say Germany, that falls between Eastern, Central and Northern Europe, your results could easily vary between kits and calculations.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best, Miguel

p.s

have to say he is very kind and patience for that he deserves kudos

Whogarden
06-16-2017, 03:28 PM
I am:

Eastern European 100%
Reference groups: Russian, Polish

Neanderthal 1%

Y-DNA: N-M178
mtDNA: H13A1A1E

I'm not surprised that my regional ancestry is Eastern European, but 100% is a surprise. Is that even possible?

rastacourage92
06-22-2017, 09:47 PM
65% Jewish Diaspora
14% Northwestern European
13% Southwestern European
4% Northeastern European
2% Eastern European

I am trying to work out whether this 65% Jewish Diaspora is specifically European/Ashkenazi Jewish after leaving Israel or if this means I may have roots in the Middle East (Geno 2.0 does not have a category that includes Israel; and even if I had trace roots they wouldn't appear if it was <2%) and if Southwestern European could be indicative of Sephardic ancestry. Overall, guess I'm a mutt :P

kingjohn
06-22-2017, 10:02 PM
very hard to tell geno2 is the worst
they gave me west central euro and a guy from lyon france got scandinavia and no
west central euro....
they are going by the older algorithm of ftdna my origins 1.0....
but i am not sure helix is going by this method of geno2 next as this is different lab
anyway cool results .... B)

sktibo
06-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Hilariously, it only adds up to 96%. This is the first test where I don't receive a native american percentage.

I see a lot of people whose results add up to 99, but no one yet that has results that are as far off 100 as mine are... does this happen with this test?
Edit: found one that added up to 96. Why does this test have such a difficult time getting results to 100? Couldn't just say "unassigned 4%"?

kingjohn
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Indeed. It's very interesting. Maybe someone here has an explanation.

ask this guy [email protected]
maybe he knows he should think of creative answere in your situation don't know
if he could

kingjohn
07-05-2017, 03:28 PM
I am really curious to know what my results would be if had done Geno 2.0
I wish in the future that FTDNA customers would be able to transfer their data to Geno 2.0 :amen:

the same as your my origins 1.0 results maybe slightly different changes
they use the same algoritem ....

Cyn
07-12-2017, 12:36 PM
My Helix/NatGeo results:

mtDNA haplogroup is J1c8a2 -- Because only one tenth of one percent of Helix/NatGeo participants are in this haplogroup--or 834 people--NatGeo could only give me information on J1cs.

Autosomal results

62% East Europe
18% Northeastern Europe
14% Iberian Peninsula
5% Northwestern Europe
2% Northern India

Yes, it does come to 101%

Neanderthal percentage is 1.5%

kingjohn
07-12-2017, 09:40 PM
adam danguri - Jul 8 2017, 10:31 AM
dear ftdna ,
i have a question i would realy appricate if you can answere me
as you see i like your company as i let my brother to tested by your company and recentley i ordered family finder for my 2 parents.
i know you are working with geno 2 next team and you are doing the autosomal anlaysis for them my big question that i am breaking my head over it .......
is this the thing is that in my origins 1.0 i score 40 % southern european and no other european component
i recentley tested with geno 2 next and as i undertsand you are doing there autosomal results anlaysis any way
i got 17% west central europe in there test .
my question how can it be if i score 0% west central euro in my origins 1.0. ?????
i aked migule villar who is expert of geno2 next and he talled me that ftdna use the older algoritem of my origins 1.0
so i ask how can it be maybe you missed the west central euro in my origins 1.0 and than you corrected your mistake in geno 2 next report as it is the same lab .
:(
his answere :

https://api-mail.walla.co.il/proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fwnhq3qo.jpg%3 Cbr&scr=d35e272ad37de2a60e3f92c0551c4646

https://api-mail.walla.co.il/proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FlVpIFM6.png%3 Cbr&scr=498b82486c90ea2b31ac97f80e5b2b46

Hello,

The myOrigins results and the Geno Regional percentages will use different population clusters. Because they are being compared to different sets of data, we would expect the result to be different.

Best,

Thomas H
Information Specialist
Family Tree DNA

Maximilian
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
My father's results came in yesterday. Finally, but it was worth waiting.
Now I'm waiting for the raw data from FTDNA to transfer them to GedMatch.

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/33660224/VaterGeno.jpg

kingjohn
08-02-2017, 01:33 PM
nice results ,
but how can i score more west -central euro than an austrian
something is wrong :\
your father other components look logic though :)
very high north west european components { high british and scandinavia
huge eastern europe ther were slavic tribes in austria and they left there mark big time }

Maximilian
08-03-2017, 08:25 AM
nice results ,
but how can i score more west -central euro than an austrian
something is wrong :\
your father other components look logic though :)
very high north west european components { high british and scandinavia
huge eastern europe ther were slavic tribes in austria and they left there mark big time }

His mother is austrian, and I try to identify the genetical identity of his father. The paternal family lived for about 150-200 years in former Hungarian Kingdom/today's Slovakia, family saga tells us about ancestry from Poland/Belarus. Y-DNA and 67-marker tests speak about jewish ancestry in distance of about 8 to 12 generations. The paternal known most distant ancestor was 6 generations ago.

Do you know a precise method of phasing the kit of my grandfather out of my father's and his mother's? Would the result be accurate?

Thanks! :)

kingjohn
08-03-2017, 10:41 AM
don't know but i am no expert maybe you should ask mlukas
i am sure someone would help you
regards
adam

kingjohn
08-13-2017, 11:11 AM
why the difference between geno2 next results and ftdna my origins 2.0
a case and answer
http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?p=442692#post442692
regards
adam

johnbetancourt314
09-23-2017, 01:47 AM
These are my results:

Southwest European: 45%
Northwestern European: 21%
West Mediterranean: 12%
North Africa: 7%
Jewish Diaspora: 6%
Asia Minor: 6%
North America and Andes: 3%

According to gedmatch I have more Jewish than what came out in Geno 2.0 which came around 10%-15%.

Mtdna: C1C4
Y-dna: T-L162

Neanderthal: 1.4%

marlonlanxton
11-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Asia minor 87%
Arabia 7%
Jewish diaspora 3%
Central Asia 3%

Y-Dna - J-PF7404
mtDna - H

Dumidre
01-21-2018, 06:21 PM
My Geno 2.0 Helix results:
Italy and Southern Europe: 53%
Eastern Europe: 44%
Jewish Diaspora: 3%

Y-DNA: I-L621
mtDNA: H6a1a
Neanderthal: 1.4%

I am ethnic Romanian, and my first closest population was Greek followed by Tuscan (Italy)...

Batroun
01-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Asia Minor 55%
Italy and Southern Europe 29%
Southwest Asia and Persian Gulf 13%
Jewish Diaspora 2%

First Population: Georgian
Second population: Lebanese

cynthiapschneider1947
01-23-2018, 11:55 PM
My Geno 2.0 results

Northwestern Europe (Britain) 55%
Southwestern Europe (France/Iberia) 23%
Northeastern Europe (Finland/Sweden) 10%
Eastern Europe 7%
Asia Minor 5%

mtDNA: U5a1c
Neanderthal 1.5%
<O.01% of participants

CoolBoy_777
06-13-2018, 07:26 AM
Guys I see all these results and I have no idea what is the use of it. What does it mean to have .
Neanderthal X%
Denisovan Y%

I did the Y-37 test at FtDNA and i Got A-L419. A cousin of mine got A-PH804 (BigY submitted to Yfull).

If I do the Geno 2.0 Next Gen. (Hilex is given for free for now) what would it get me regarding my Haplogroup?

Hurricane
12-07-2018, 07:11 PM
https://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/1057594130/GENO/GENO1.png
https://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/1057594130/GENO/GENO2.png

jellybee
01-02-2019, 03:04 PM