PDA

View Full Version : my family member's ancestry

crossover
07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
I'm gonna share the results of all the relatives i tested on ancestry on both sides of the family. due to the 5 attachment limit, i'll post my dad's and his uncle results in next post.

My mom's results

my aunt penny

my maternal grandpa

my great great uncle Miguel(maternal grandpa's uncle)

my great uncle Manuel's results(my grandpa's half bro.)

crossover
07-23-2016, 04:32 PM
dad's results

my great uncle mark's

rocky
08-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Awesome results :) are you Mexican?

crossover
08-01-2016, 10:32 PM
technically i'm half mexican, since my dad isn't mexican, but my mom is. my dad is a 'white'/euro american

rocky
08-01-2016, 10:33 PM
technically i'm half mexican, since my dad isn't mexican, but my mom is. my dad is a 'white'/euro american

If you don't mind asking what part of Mexico was your mother or her family from.

crossover
08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
If you don't mind asking what part of Mexico was your mother or her family from.

both of her parents were born in jerez, zacatecas- but her dad's side comes from las bocas, huejucar, jalisco(and further down the tree, some ancestors came from colotlan,monte escobedo etc.) great uncle manuel's dad came from somewhere else- possibly from another part of jalisco, not near huejucar/colotlan.

rocky
08-02-2016, 03:21 AM
both of her parents were born in jerez, zacatecas- but her dad's side comes from las bocas, huejucar, jalisco(and further down the tree, some ancestors came from colotlan,monte escobedo etc.) great uncle manuel's dad came from somewhere else- possibly from another part of jalisco, not near huejucar/colotlan.

My father was born in La Barca, Jalisco, but he was raised in San Gregorio, Michoacan, & his father was born in Los Altos del Jalisco, & I'm not too sure where his mother was born.

My Mother was born & raised in Ibarra, Michoacan, next to the Jalisco border, & near my father's town, & her mother was born in Michoacan (not sure where) & her father was also born in Michoacan (again not sure where).

crossover
03-06-2017, 12:17 AM
My father was born in La Barca, Jalisco, but he was raised in San Gregorio, Michoacan, & his father was born in Los Altos del Jalisco, & I'm not too sure where his mother was born.

My Mother was born & raised in Ibarra, Michoacan, next to the Jalisco border, & near my father's town, & her mother was born in Michoacan (not sure where) & her father was also born in Michoacan (again not sure where).

update: i forgot to add that someone after this post, i found out that my great uncle's manuel's dad did end up coming from colotlan(after doing some combined dna and paper trail research, thanks to ancestry adding more naturalization papers to their site).

lwell
03-08-2017, 12:09 AM
@crossover would you mind sharing what your own ancestryDna results look like? I am curious after seeing the results from your two parents! I too have one Euro parent (dad), one Mexican parent (mom) although I suspect that my mother that more Native than yours.

crossover
04-01-2017, 01:23 AM
@crossover would you mind sharing what your own ancestryDna results look like? I am curious after seeing the results from your two parents! I too have one Euro parent (dad), one Mexican parent (mom) although I suspect that my mother that more Native than yours.

sorry for the late response, but i've only tested with genes for good so far since it's free. i'd rather spend money testing older relatives first. I may even test one first cousin once removed and one of my great aunts(maternal grandpa's sister) in the coming monthshttp://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?6483-Genes-for-Good&p=155457&viewfull=1#post155457

crossover
07-26-2017, 05:35 PM
results for a half sister of my grandpa's

a first cousin of my mom's(and grandpa's nephew)