PDA

View Full Version : Help me interpret my Y37 results

Pripyat
08-11-2016, 03:11 AM
I got my results back today and a bit unsure how to interpret. I'm from Macedonia, both sides. I got the haplogroup E-M35, no subclades but when I clicked on more I saw two possible subclades L117 and Y2491, what are they? I was recommended by FTdna to take an SNP test to expand on my result, so I have ordered one to find out which subclade. In any case, what is E-M35 and what does it mean for somebody from Macedonia getting that?

Pripyat
08-11-2016, 04:11 AM
I tried nevgen.com and got "e1b1b" or E-M215. Okay, more confusing now.

Volat
08-11-2016, 04:45 AM
Prypiać is a separate ethnographic region in southern Belarus . It's a stunning place! We consider Prypiać as our most Slavic region which attracted plenty of attention by Slavic ethnographers. Most common haplogroup found in Prypiać region is R1a1 (~60%)

Afshar
08-11-2016, 06:33 AM
You should join the haplogroup E projects if you didnt, I am sure the administrators there can help you the best way.

lgmayka
08-11-2016, 08:26 AM
I was recommended by FTdna to take an SNP test to expand on my result, so I have ordered one to find out which subclade.
In my opinion: As quickly as possible, you need to:
- Get advice as to which SNP pack is most appropriate in your case
- Contact FTDNA (by phone at 1.713.868.1438 if possible) to upgrade your SNP test order to the appropriate SNP pack (which costs $119, but is worth it).
Ordering individual SNP tests is not cost-effective.

A haplogroup project administrator (after you join the E-M35 Project (https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/e-3b/about/background)) should help you. Or if you post your 37 markers here, we might be able to do so.

Pripyat
08-11-2016, 11:25 PM
In my opinion: As quickly as possible, you need to:
- Get advice as to which SNP pack is most appropriate in your case
- Contact FTDNA (by phone at 1.713.868.1438 if possible) to upgrade your SNP test order to the appropriate SNP pack (which costs $119, but is worth it).
Ordering individual SNP tests is not cost-effective.

A haplogroup project administrator (after you join the E-M35 Project (https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/e-3b/about/background)) should help you. Or if you post your 37 markers here, we might be able to do so.

Yes, I already went ahead and ordered the M35 test, though. If that doesn't pan out, I'll follow your advice for the next time. Much appreciated. However, what will you be able to do with my 37 markers should I post them here? Is there a special test that I can run them through?