PDA

View Full Version : DNA Land adds Compass

star rider
08-17-2016, 08:33 PM
"We are pleased to announce DNA.Land Compass!
http://compass.dna.land

This is an experimental website that enables users to explore and investigate their imputed VCF files. DNA.Land users can download their VCF file, then visit http://compass.dna.land and search for genotypes.

The website is designed to be simple and secure - it does not require installing any software, and your VCF/genotype never leaves your computer.

Please note: You must download your .TBI file to use DNA.Land Compass! This is a new file that we have just begun offering today.
Have a go and let us know what you think!

Comments, feedback, and suggestions are very welcome at: compass@dna.land
Home
compass.dna.land "

I played with a it a bit but I don't have not much experience with tools like this.

cvolt
08-17-2016, 09:50 PM
For some reason it wont process my data. Cool concept nonetheless!

star rider
08-17-2016, 10:06 PM
needs both files (VCF and .TBI files)mine were both listed in files on DNAland (my user page)

but if you have a problem they want to know about it.(Others have had some issues)
they have to be done at the same time I found the instructions in FAQ(shift and highlight)
it worked for me

I'll play with it later this evening

Theconqueror
08-17-2016, 11:34 PM
can't upload the files as they want me to.

fixed: make sure you get the proper vcf.gz and vcf.gz.tbi extensions as Windows can change those on you. for instance, it turned my vcf file into a vcard format, not good.

vettor
08-18-2016, 06:26 AM
can't upload the files as they want me to.

fixed: make sure you get the proper vcf.gz and vcf.gz.tbi extensions as Windows can change those on you. for instance, it turned my vcf file into a vcard format, not good.

worked for me ............I cannot see any benefit in this "compass" .............can you give me a guide on what to expect?

kingjohn
08-18-2016, 07:45 AM
as anglesquvile talled me :
here is what dna land say about the proces of imputation nothing is 100%

How accurate is the imputed VCF from DNA.Land?
DNA.Land is fairly accurate, but not 100%, since imputation—the process by which we estimate the missing information in your genotype—cannot be done with 100% certainty.That being said, in internal testing, our imputation algorithms correctly imputed about 99.994% of SNPs. However, since this is a stochastic, probabilistic analysis, there is always the possibility that we are displaying an incorrect genotyoe. Never use the information provided on this website as-is; always consult a certified clinician before making any medical decision.

regards
adam

sgdavies@hotmail.com
08-18-2016, 10:26 AM
For some reason it wont process my data. Cool concept nonetheless!

I had the same problem, I had to rename the xxxx.vcf to .xxxx.vcf.gz
at least for me that worked.

sgdavies@hotmail.com
08-18-2016, 10:33 AM
ok, something is working, but now what? any sort of guide for Dummies would be useful.