PDA

View Full Version : R1b migration explained by Armenian Plateau hypothesis?

TigerMW
08-17-2016, 09:44 PM
I just was sent this. I think I triggered the discussion by trying to explain Anthony's theories and the Ringe-Taylor-Warnow work which has Greek and Armenian on the same IE branch.

http://www.peopleofar.com/2015/02/17/the-armenian-plateau-hypothesis-gains-in-plausibility/

I think the people who carried the Armenian language or pre-Armenian dialects into Anatolia must have come across the Bosporous from the west side of the Black Sea. They probably would have had R1b-Z2013 in them. This is just my interpretation of what I've read.

Anyway, this apparently an alternative theory is that at a much earlier time R1b migrated from the Armenian Plateau northward through the Transcaucasus into the Steppes and were a part of the formation of the Yamnaya. Please read the blog. I don't know if this is associated with the Maykops or not in this theory.

Comments?

Kale
08-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Samara_Eneolithic ancestry looks like it was in Armenia by 4000bc. That could explain the basal types of R1b that lead people to believe it originated there.