PDA

View Full Version : H1BM

longbow62
09-09-2016, 06:41 PM
I am new to DNA testing and what it all means. I recently did the Genographic 2.0 with the mtDNA results being H1BM. The thing I found odd was that with over 750,000 people having been tested only 0.1% had the same mtDNA as me. Doing a search for H1BM turned up little info. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

C J Wyatt III
09-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Well, my mother has an H1bm on her GEDmatch 'X one-to-many' list using the default parameters, so there is at least one more (unless this is your kit).

Jack

longbow62
09-09-2016, 08:12 PM
I have only transferred Geno results over to FTDNA so far. I looked at GEDmatch and will transfer results from FTDNA when I figure out how and get time thanks.

C J Wyatt III
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I have only transferred Geno results over to FTDNA so far. I looked at GEDmatch and will transfer results from FTDNA when I figure out how and get time thanks.

I get confused about Geno 2.0. Does it include autosomal results that are the equivalent of Family Finder?

Jack

benedicte
08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
I am new to DNA testing and what it all means. I recently did the Genographic 2.0 with the mtDNA results being H1BM. The thing I found odd was that with over 750,000 people having been tested only 0.1% had the same mtDNA as me. Doing a search for H1BM turned up little info. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

Hi, I just received the results of my DNA rest with the Genographic kit. My haplogroup is also H1bm. I found lot of information about H1 and H1b but nothing about not H1bm. Did you find some information about H1bm ? Thanks !

benedicte
08-21-2017, 12:14 PM

Hi, I just received the results of my genographic test. My mtDNA is H1bm. I understand that H1 is found in Europe, North Africa, the Near East, Central Asia and North Asia. I found also that H1b is found especially in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Asia. Bu I cannot dind anything about H1bm. Have you some information ? Thanks a lot !