PDA

View Full Version : MTDNA c1b2 and it's origins

procoptodon
09-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I want to have some perspective on where it's origins are from. It seems like c1b2 is mainly present among Arawak
descendants and some south american natives like yanomami I believe. I looked before and was estimated to be about 2000 years old. I saw that it originated maybe in brazil. Does anyone have information about this haplogroup and where is it probably comes from. It seems virtually non existant outside of the carribean and south america. It's extremely rare in other places.

PMCGUN04
02-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Check out my thread here...

https://goo.gl/2XaAAH

May help. Any additional findings in your C1b studies?

Jaime Conde
01-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Does anyone have information about this haplogroup and where is it probably comes from.

Puerto Rico. Taíno.

procoptodon
01-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Puerto Rico. Taíno.

Its most common there. Its not only taino. And its older than tainos.

Jaime Conde
01-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Its most common there. Its not only taino. And its older than tainos.

All evidence to the contrary.

procoptodon
03-28-2019, 03:52 AM
All evidence to the contrary.

Wrong.
the C1b2 Tree is not that researched. As you can see its estimated c1b2 to be about 18,600- 12-000 years ago. It raises an Interesting question that Natives did not come over here by Ice bridge alone, Because this age estimate is older than the beringian ice bridge formation.
https://yfull.com/mtree/C1b2/

Megalophias
03-28-2019, 04:14 AM
Wrong. the C1b2 Tree is not that researched. As you can see its estimated c1b2 to be about 18,600- 12-000 years ago. It raises an Interesting question that Natives did not come over here by Ice bridge alone, Because this age estimate is older than the beringian ice bridge formation.
If by "Beringian ice bridge" you mean the sea ice in winter that you can attempt to cross if you're crazy enough, then you're right: it didn't exist, because the strait hadn't flooded yet. Fortunately, there was a land bridge. :)

Jaime Conde
12-27-2019, 11:44 PM
Interesting article regarding C1b2:
Ancient DNA reconstructs the genetic legacies of pre-contact Puerto Rico communities
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/765685v2.full

cmbravi
01-18-2020, 08:42 PM
I want to have some perspective on where it's origins are from. It seems like c1b2 is mainly present among Arawak
descendants and some south american natives like yanomami I believe. I looked before and was estimated to be about 2000 years old. I saw that it originated maybe in brazil. Does anyone have information about this haplogroup and where is it probably comes from. It seems virtually non existant outside of the carribean and south america. It's extremely rare in other places.

C1b2, as originally defined, is basically found in Puerto Rico, Brasil, Paraguay and Argentina. But its roots may be somewhere in the Peruvian Andes, where an early branch has been founf but not yet fully recognized.

ArmandoR1b
01-18-2020, 11:18 PM
C1b2, as originally defined, is basically found in Puerto Rico, Brasil, Paraguay and Argentina. But its roots may be somewhere in the Peruvian Andes, where an early branch has been founf but not yet fully recognized.

I doubt that is the root of the branches in Puerto Rico. Whatever was found in the Peruvian Andes is more than likely a descendant of someone that lived farther north. One branch would have gone south to Peru and another branch would have gone east to the coasts of Colombia and Venezuela. There can be many hundreds of years between mutations in mtDNA and Native Americans seem to have quickly populated North, Central and South America once they crossed the Beringia land bridge.

There are also relatively too few specimens even in modern samples, and of course more so in ancient samples, with high resolution testing for accurate branching of C1b2, as evidenced by the five SNPs defining the subclade, in order to be able to accurately conclude where C1b2 has it's roots.