PDA

View Full Version : Is this world men's world and why?

utR!
09-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I have been thinking many times this subject. The unwritten or written rules, respect, advantages. Where is womans place? It is talked about love too how you treat "weaker part" or are they really weaker parts?

Why men have so much power in the fields of politics, economy, in society?

Big questions but I'd like to read comments from both you men ja women.

best utR!

lgmayka
09-26-2016, 07:11 PM
One could just as easily ask: Why is our entire legal system almost entirely geared toward punishing men, not women? Why is the ratio of men to women in prison 9:1? Why is the ratio of men to women on Death Row (awaiting execution) 99:1?

Hint: Men are not more evil than women. But in general, men have to worry about going to jail if they break the law, whereas women do not.

lgmayka
09-26-2016, 07:15 PM
One could also ask: Why are men enslaved ("drafted") and sent across the ocean into the desert or jungle to get shot, and women are not? (Although the United States no longer has an active military draft, it still has a strict draft registration law--which only applies to men.) And when both men and women have volunteered to serve in the armed forces, why are men ordered to get shot on the front lines, while women can choose cozy desk jobs instead?

Hint: A woman's life is not worth more than a man's. But in general, society forces men to take risks not required of women.

lgmayka
09-26-2016, 07:28 PM
One could also ask: Why are the majority of modern commercials and advertisements geared toward women, or at least guaranteed to be female-friendly (often at men's expense)? For example, many commercials portray men as dumb, lazy, or irresponsible; but hardly any commercials portray women so unflatteringly.

Hint: Women do the majority of consumer spending. But commercials and other advertisements do not only sell products, they shape consumer attitudes.

lgmayka
09-26-2016, 07:34 PM
One could also ask: Why do most modern movies portray evil men as worthless, but evil women as redeemable? In modern movies, evil men end up dead or in prison, whereas evil women turn out to be "misunderstood" or "mentally ill," or "see the error of their ways."

Hint: Film choice is, more often than not, made by the woman--or at least her taste in films is indulged, often at the man's expense. But movies are not just entertainment; they shift social norms.

I'm not going to post any more in this thread, because I think it treads too closely to politics and religion.

Amerijoe
09-26-2016, 09:06 PM
I feel the strong nurturing attachment we have with are Mothers gives her that added protection of Mom can do no wrong. Knowing or unknowingly most of us carry that perception and it becomes a societal norm.

I don't think there are rules concerning how men and women are perceived. In my opinion it starts at the family level. With more and more one parent families becoming the norm, men are perceived unnecessary as an integral part of the family unit. This premise is permeated throughout society, as can be seen in all aspects of public media.

The dumb blond is gone and has been replace with the unshaven, beer guzzling Neanderthal.

P.S. Gals in Britain, there is a new app. available where you can order sperm. I don't know if you can only one click or do a mix? :smokin:

Anabasis
09-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I dont want to be included in gender discussions i want to make a kindly advise to read this book
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manipulated_Man

I m not %100 agree with Esther Vilar. But its better to look in different way too.

utR!
09-27-2016, 09:04 AM
One could also ask: Why do most modern movies portray evil men as worthless, but evil women as redeemable? In modern movies, evil men end up dead or in prison, whereas evil women turn out to be "misunderstood" or "mentally ill," or "see the error of their ways."

Hint: Film choice is, more often than not, made by the woman--or at least her taste in films is indulged, often at the man's expense. But movies are not just entertainment; they shift social norms.

I'm not going to post any more in this thread, because I think it treads too closely to politics and religion.

Thanks your posting Imayka; it is important for genareal discussion. I did not mean this only for religion and politics. Discussion is too narrow for them because there are other things, subjects which belongs to this topic. I just opened discussion because men and women are different in many aspect and do we need to acept it?

Best
utR!

Gravetto-Danubian
09-27-2016, 09:33 AM
Ha indeed a potentially touchy subject, but I'm never one to bite my tongue.

It is right that 'old gentlemen' don't play with the world as if a game of marbles, but some of the forced righteousness is frankly nauseating and blindsighted on many aspects.
In the news where I'm from, segments on gender inequality in certain industries are a common & long running feature, with guests and 'experts' voicing their appaul and the need for change. But they miss a very simple fact that not all women want to be CEOs, Captains in the Army or Chief Justices, and don't feel unhappy about not being in such industries, and feel rich existing in roles traditionally being ascribed to women, including mothers and housewives.
By all means, gender, race, and social inclinations should not bear upon attainment of position, but it should be awarded to merit, not a pre-determined ratio related to social policy.

I agree with some of the above comments, in that men are over-represented in most statistics: homelessness, crime, and earlier age of death, to mention a few; with access to welfare and health available to all but individually means tested

Afshar
09-27-2016, 11:29 AM

To be on-forum: its evolutionary advantage!

JohnHowellsTyrfro
09-27-2016, 12:10 PM
The World is a big place and I suspect the relationships between men and women is very different dependent upon where you go. :)
I will just comment on what I see from here in the UK, which inevitable does include media content from the USA. I do tend to agree that often men are presented in a very negative way in the media, stupid, boorish, aggressive, insensitive, loser, etc.. Ladies' Jokes about men are everywhere, as is the sexualisation of men, for example Davis Beckham in his underpants is fine or Ross Poldark with his shirt off, (British TV Series) but an image of a scantily clad lady is sexual exploitation. Such things wouldn't be acceptable in relation to women. Equality works both ways.
I'm not thin-skinned or a prude, but I find these double standards a bit irritating and not good for young men growing up.

Amerijoe
09-27-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm not thin-skinned or a prude, but I find these double standards a bit irritating and not good for young men growing up.

It seems societal stress may be having a negative effect on males. This may tie into the post, health applications... under Full Genomes by GTC. It basically says sperm count has been steadily dropping over several decades. Does your DNA know the difference between societal stress and environmental stress? Could neagative male ideology produce lower sperm count?

JohnHowellsTyrfro
09-27-2016, 04:26 PM
It seems societal stress may be having a negative effect on males. This may tie into the post, health applications... under Full Genomes by GTC. It basically says sperm count has been steadily dropping over several decades. Does your DNA know the difference between societal stress and environmental stress? Could neagative male ideology produce lower sperm count?

I live in an area which was once known for it's coal mines and steelworks, such work is long gone, unemployment is high as are suicide rates amongst young males. In the old days a man could be proud of being a coal miner etc. more difficult if you are packing biscuits or don't have a job at all and little prospect of having one.

utR!
09-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Do the men stand better to be in jail than women? They may have better skills to be in group than women do. I have never been in the jail. Once I met a woman who did but I was not afraid of her. Women can be dangerous too and aggressive and nowadays they do go to gym often and get more muscles. But they can not be as strong as men (perhaps some can).

I have done some mens's work when I was young helping father. We went to get some logs our horse pulling them frome there closer to bigger road. I do admire and respect men who are strong (I do not mean bodybuilders in competion) but those who has sisu, ability not to give up. Do men admire women aswell?

utR!

JohnHowellsTyrfro
09-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Do the men stand better to be in jail than women? They may have better skills to be in group than women do. I have never been in the jail. Once I met a woman who did but I was not afraid of her. Women can be dangerous too and aggressive and nowadays they do go to gym often and get more muscles. But they can not be as strong as men (perhaps some can).

I have done some mens's work when I was young helping father. We went to get some logs our horse pulling them frome there closer to bigger road. I do admire and respect men who are strong (I do not mean bodybuilders in competion) but those who has sisu, ability not to give up. Do men admire women aswell?

utR!

I've never been in jail so I can't comment. :)
Yes I certainly admire some women, particularly amongst the older generation, they had hard lives, as did many men. You don't have to have muscles to be strong maybe, my mother was very "strong" but she was a small woman. :)
There are good people and not so good people, sex, religion, ethnicity don't matter. I just don't like negative stereotypes, whether it is regarding men or women.

vettor
09-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Is this world men's world and why?
Due to the Anti-female modern system, practised and taught by religions of Christianity, Islam and Judism to name 3 ............if we can change these teachings into gender-equal national teachings then the next generation and beyond will not have this "man's world"

Ancient Societies first diety was always a female form ( we can find in the hundreds of female figurines via archeology )..................funny how religion distorted our ancient societies.

utR!
09-29-2016, 06:29 PM
I read one story in the internet. One woman was with men in group men did not listened to her or talked to her (she tried to make conversation without succes), left her outside of conversation. Was if fair, were they afraid of her, or did they think she was not able to understand them? Or was it safer them to not notice her? Men can answer it better than I can do.

I think men's world is quite different than women's comparing their interests, work or how to take care of children or household. But there are always exeptions and it is a richness isn't it?

One reason for this topic was that I remembered this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTeHsKPWhY

Best utR!

Amerijoe
09-29-2016, 06:43 PM

Best utR!

One of the great song and dance men. His moves are still copied a half century later.

JohnHowellsTyrfro
09-29-2016, 07:14 PM
I read one story in the internet. One woman was with men in group men did not listened to her or talked to her (she tried to make conversation without succes), left her outside of conversation. Was if fair, were they afraid of her, or did they think she was not able to understand them? Or was it safer them to not notice her? Men can answer it better than I can do.

I think men's world is quite different than women's comparing their interests, work or how to take care of children or household. But there are always exeptions and it is a richness isn't it?

Best utR!

Yes, but the point is that not ALL men are like that. :) There can be prejudice against people for all sorts of reasons. Of course there is prejudice against women by some, but I think it is sometimes exaggerated, in some circumstances women are treated much more favourably than men. Perhaps that shouldn't be the case, but it does happen. I also find that sometimes some women are much more unkind to other women than men are, but again that doesn't apply to everyone. :)

utR!
09-30-2016, 03:39 AM
Yes, but the point is that not ALL men are like that. :) There can be prejudice against people for all sorts of reasons. Of course there is prejudice against women by some, but I think it is sometimes exaggerated, in some circumstances women are treated much more favourably than men. Perhaps that shouldn't be the case, but it does happen. I also find that sometimes some women are much more unkind to other women than men are, but again that doesn't apply to everyone. :)

Thats true women can be cruel to each others and they have many ways to show it. One thing is to be secretly (but it can be seen and felt) envious and jealous. It is very harmful. I consider men have less that kind of behaviour, because it's like girls play I do not want to play with you.

Yes women are treated many time softer and sometimes it is very wise when a man do it. It shows respect and good emotions too.

In our country women can go to the army. They need to be in good condition too. I think I could not go because it is difficult + I have no heart if have to kill someone one day. Men are more cool to do it or they are more responsible and men of honour to protect other people.

These were ideas early this morning.

utR! Have a nice day or rest of it!

Hairyman
09-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Yes, because humans are a sexually dimorphic species and the attempts at gender equality are relatively recent.

Tomenable
10-05-2016, 01:33 PM
One of funny cases of a Freudian slip in the video below. A feminist deputy shouted 2 times: "Dość dyktatury kobiet!" ("End dictatorship of women!"). Soon she realized her mistake and fixed it: "Ooohhh... Men!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNupy_kHD9c

I guess that based on this Freudian slip, we could write a book titled "If women ran the world":

http://www.mqup.ca/if-the-irish-ran-the-world-products-9780773516304.php

The point is that no matter which group is in power, they have a tendency to similar behaviours.

Look at Liberia - established by liberated slaves, who themselves started enslaving native tribes.

We know some examples of matriarchal, female-ruled societies from around the world and throughout history. Ancient Greeks described the Amazons, a society that was far from being a democratic paradise.

Tomenable
10-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Because women tend to be attracted to men who have power, not to men who don't.

So men have been naturally, socially, sexually selected for being powerful, throughout thousands of years. Women complain that men have power, but when they want a husband, they try to find a powerful one. Usually women want their husband or partner to be stronger, richer, smarter, etc. than they are. For example, are you looking for a partner who earns less than you, who has smaller muscles than you, etc.?

If you don't look for such a man, then you shouldn't complain about general patterns.

==========

There are many women who like e.g. cuddly guys, but they usually trade muscles for other things (for example they want a smart cuddly guy with a good sense of humour, not just any cuddly guy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixjv6WkHJ70

10-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Nature biased for physical strength of Males mixed with Cultural bias in most contemporary societies. But I wouldn't say that necessary makes it a mans world, but that Men have certain advantages yes.

utR!
10-05-2016, 05:52 PM
One of funny cases of a Freudian slip in the video below. A feminist deputy shouted 2 times: "Dość dyktatury kobiet!" ("End dictatorship of women!"). Soon she realized her mistake and fixed it: "Ooohhh... Men!"

[QUOTE]

Yes in some way women may have sort of soft dictatorship too when they do behave the way the men melting and do what they ask. It may lead to wrong decisions made by men.

I guess that based on this Freudian slip, we could write a book titled "If women ran the world":

Yes it'll maybe interesting how would things change. And to change roles, in some case men do like to wear womens clothes openly or in secretly. But do they feel cosy in womens roles I do not think so. Single parent ( a woman) can not replace a father or other way round.

Best

utR!

Tomenable
10-07-2016, 09:40 PM
men are over-represented in most statistics: homelessness, (...)

I found a poster against female homelessness made by some feminist organization:

https://s22.postimg.org/aircm9hz5/Feminist_logic.png

utR!
10-08-2016, 06:35 AM
End of year 2015 there were homeless in our country 7898 and 1/5 of them were women. Also 1/4 of immigrants were homeless. Is it that men do stand rough conditions better outdoors (we have cold winter here) than women? Or do they have not so many good friends or relatives?

I met 4 days ago one of them a man who was homeless. He told his story and asked some coins (only women gave some). He said he had slept in the woods 4 hours. According to his story (true or not) he has been robbed so many times.

utR!

utR!
10-08-2016, 06:36 AM
End of year 2015 there were homeless in our country 7898 and 1/5 of them were women. Also 1/4 of immigrants were homeless. Is it that men do stand rough conditions better outdoors (we have cold winter here) than women? Or do they have not so many good friends or relatives?

I met 4 days ago one of them a man who was homeless. He told his story and asked some coins (only women gave some). He said he had slept in the woods 4 hours. According to his story (true or not) he has been robbed so many times.

utR!

utR!
10-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Ages ago one doctor said that women and men differs from each other because of the hormons. That's right I haven't thought it earlier much. It appears clearly if you want to change your sex; a woman want to be a man she needs male hormons. Would you like to go trough this procedures? Each of them is not happy. There are a lot of things you want to change in you which may be not so contrary to the natural.

utR!

Amerijoe
10-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Tomenable stated, 'Because women tend to be attracted to men who have power, not to men who don't. '. Here is an alternate direction males our being pushed. Woman love this guy. Is this the equalizing effect being pushed on society as another acceptable degree of 'maleness'? Is our conception of masculinity slowly being changed?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/10/11/meet-covergirls-first-ever-coverboy-james-charles/91911594/

utR!
10-14-2016, 06:15 PM
I do not love that quy and it is not necessary men to use make up just to natural and find their masculinity. It is no use to be something else which does not suit or in conflict what you are ment to be. It seems that masculinity is changing. Women are not enough and quite are lacking of FATHER and they do try find it somewhere. I think those men who had a good/caring/encouraging and parting to boys life farther are more familiar their manhood, responsibility and how to treat a woman. It is not so easy to bestrong and still tender and caring. Or is it immpossible today?

Best

utR!

Jean M
10-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Here is an alternate direction males .. being pushed... Is our conception of masculinity slowly being changed?

Bear with me here, as I can't claim to be the total expert on the history of body painting and make-up, but I have a feeling that body painting goes back a long way and was not gender-specific. We have (I think) more evidence of tattoos in prehistory, as they survive on naturally mummified bodies, like Otzi the Iceman and the "Ukok Princess": http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/ . We can only guess what this body-art was supposed to signify.

Coming closer to our own times we see the 18th-century landed elite of Europe, male and female, expressing their leisured life of luxury by peacocking about in colourful, lace-trimmed, rich fabrics, gigantic wigs and maquillage with face-patches. It was a picture of ostentatious impracticality. "Look at me! I'm amazingly rich and never have to lift a finger!" Certainly all this effort on appearances was also intended to attract the opposite sex. But the main point seemed to be impressing one's cronies and living up the expectations of the royal courts. (The expense of courtier clothing could be ruinous even in previous centuries.) But these were not the majority of the population.

The rich Victorian male looked a whole lot more businesslike. Money had started to flow more from industry and commerce than the land. Make-up for men was restricted to actors and clowns. Other men were serious. "Look at me, with my dark, respectable suit with no wasteful fripperies! Your money is safe in my bank, sir."

Hollywood: If you were in front of the camera, your face got painted, male or female, otherwise you looked drained (I understand). Some male musicians in the 20th century (not all gay or bisexual) took to bizarre costumes and make-up as part of their act. Being recognisable is part and parcel of fame. Since the rise of the movies and television, the profession of make-up artist has grown up. Now we have amateur make-up artists giving tutorials on YouTube. The young man that you linked to is one of these. He just happens to be male, and of androgynous appearance, so he can demonstrate on himself. He has broken down one particular gender barrier (coverboy), but I doubt whether that will mean a flood of men following his lead.

Mellifluous
10-15-2016, 05:03 AM
I would say that differences between men and females are decreasing in western societies. More females are actually pursuing higher education than men presently. I actually think that men need more rights as well. Boys are at a disadvantage at school presently.

utR!
11-10-2016, 06:10 PM
At this moment I think men rule more than women. Whether woman's word is as equal or valuable or wise as man's? Woman can never imitate (but can try it) a man with a huge succes or quite rare competite with men. Sometimes she can but it may have cost a lot for her. Who set the rules?

Best

utR!

utR!
03-30-2018, 02:28 AM
Yesterday I watched on TV debatt of metoo thing. I think it did not lead to anywhere. There was a man who was menactivist and somehow it awake my intrest. Because it seems to be a taboo to talk and even to tell about that men can also experience different kind of sexual harassment (in a female dominated workplaces). I do not know how often that can happen. What do you think is it a taboo?

Stranger
08-13-2018, 04:04 PM
It's natural. Same as how the male lion is the leader of the pride. The men is the leader of his family or nation.

utR!
08-14-2018, 06:48 PM
I do agree that man is a leader although there are some women too. But I think men are needed to respected enough by women and then they do find their own strength and wisdom to take responsibility of their decision. But it is an ideal situation. I think it is the "love" which matters.

mainer
09-17-2018, 10:39 AM
How come there are very few women posting here?

Scarlet Ibis
09-25-2018, 04:38 AM
How come there are very few women posting here?

Hello mainer,

It's an interesting topic, but gender equality is just not the main diet of conversation in population genetics for multiple reasons. If you have concerns about equality issues we have control over, however, you are always welcome to PM me, or another staff member, if you want. The topic was addressed a bit here: https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?15249-Reputation-comments-can-we-change-how-this-works&p=482664&viewfull=1#post482664

I hope you enjoy the site, and thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to throw that out there for members who could be concerned.

Berdy
10-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Because women tend to be attracted to men who have power, not to men who don't.

So men have been naturally, socially, sexually selected for being powerful, throughout thousands of years. Women complain that men have power, but when they want a husband, they try to find a powerful one. Usually women want their husband or partner to be stronger, richer, smarter, etc. than they are. For example, are you looking for a partner who earns less than you, who has smaller muscles than you, etc.?

If you don't look for such a man, then you shouldn't complain about general patterns.

==========

There are many women who like e.g. cuddly guys, but they usually trade muscles for other things (for example they want a smart cuddly guy with a good sense of humour, not just any cuddly guy):

This is the best explanation so far.

alan
10-01-2018, 06:25 PM
For the last decade girls are significantly outperforming the men at schoool. Also in the more equal counties in Northern Europe this pattern of women looking to be as caveman provider is no longer the norm. In fact in my wider group of friends and family I can see several instances where a clever women had married a less clever and poorer paid man because he was good looking and funny - reversing the norm of when women were dependent on men.

Basta
10-05-2018, 09:36 AM
The world in general and in all times is men's world, because men are suited to confront and conquer it. Todays world is women's world because men have made it cosy as a living room. But it won't stay long that way.

mainer
10-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Thanks a lot for the explanation, Scarlet. I appreciate your message.

J Man
10-11-2018, 04:02 AM
It could relate back to the fact in some ways that men achieved the greatest positions of power because in ancient times traditionally men were the main hunters and protectors of the group. On average overall men are physically stronger and are more inclined to taking risks that can secure prosperity for the group. Women and children needed (and in some parts of the world today still need) the protection these men offered to survive. They protected them from other roaming groups and animals. The strongest and smartest men end up at the top. This held over until today in certain aspects of Western Society.

anthroin
02-18-2020, 12:59 AM
I don't know if the world itself is a men's world in an objective sense (in that sense, men might be as powerless as everybody else ultimately because they also die and if there is no God (who shows equal mercy and infinite grace on all beings and not just men if he exists), they simply die without leaving behind anything) but it is quite reasonable that it might feel so to someone - men tend to be overrepresented at the outlying ends of any given natural distribution (like, say, criminals, geniuses, etc.); in other words, their predispositions and actions are likely more prone to be highly extreme compared to women. It's like they somehow evolved to experience more and interact extremely passionately with this world and this may rub off itself a bit on the world itself too and make even it wonder if it (the world) is a man's thing (after resigning itself to the fate of perpetual annoyance caused to it by men).

oz
02-18-2020, 04:40 AM
This question really isn't too complicated.

Men are naturally the leaders and the alfas on average, period. It's just simply the law of our species and nature.

On average, we are bigger, more robust, aggressive and eccentric version of women. We also mature later than females.
Also on average men are more rebellious, risk taking and free thinking. Less worried about complying and being obedient. You can see this difference between boys and girls at childhood age even before puberty. This can't be changed, it's simply the natural law of our biology.
As far as IQ on average men and women are pretty much in the same level. But men dominate in the higher than average IQ groups and also lower.
So basically when it comes to average men and women there isn't much of a difference at "who's better". But when it comes to the high achievers and being creative and original in whatever field, that small part of the population, men overwhelmingly dominate.

Now if you look at it from the perspective of the rulers of the society who's main interest is to keep everybody in line and control them as they see fit and to retain and expand their power, what type of population do you think they would favor more? Not the free thinking, risk taking rebels because that's competition and much harder to control. So this is why you have this trend in the last 50 years or so of pushing feminism and attacking malehood, and the dumbing down and neutering of the males. And the social engineers have made a lot of progress in this. Society has become quite pathetic and zombified, as mediocrity and obedience have become the glorified noble values. This is also why the white male particularly is the only part of the population you can criticize and degrade and it's part of the norm. Of course they're the biggest target because they're the biggest threat to the establishment.

But there are some signs of push back, at least some men are starting to wake up to this but they're in a small minority compared to the entire populace and the mainstream, and that's not an easy position to be in by any stretch. They're immediately labeled as politically incorrect and they're expected to shut up and just take the abuse "like a man" see how they twist that? It's "manly" to take the abuse for being a man.

But hey maybe it's karma. Times are changing and the white male is starting to get punished for all the oppression they've caused to the entire world. Let's be real they haven't always treated other groups too nicely. So now the white male (but males in general as well) have been put in between a rock and a hard place and it'll be interesting to see how it will play out in the future.

Adam A
02-18-2020, 05:44 AM
Men are biologically disposed to be leaders and to take the head role in a given circumstance. This translates well into the proportions of men and women with major leading roles in society and the business realm, case in point, CEOs in Europe and the US being over 95% Male. Women can be leaders, but are naturally emotional beings along with other factors and this is obviously not ideal for a higher up position where a lot is on the line.

ADW_1981
02-18-2020, 05:57 AM
I think many opportunities have opened up within the last 50 years for women, at least outside of Asia. Outside Asia, the pay difference is often due to women being, on average, more agreeable and less assertive than males, which results in lower contract value. Also, caregivers and administrative jobs tend to lower the paygrade for women since these are predominantly dominated by females. On the flipside, there is a definite advantage on new hires and certainly STEM programs pushing for more women in certain areas of the workforce.

Ultimately, I think the reason why the situation played out like it did, was because women were always the primary caregiver of children. This meant that the male had to go support the family while the wife stayed at home. Going back to caveman times, this would have been the same. I suppose feminist movements ushered in the changes, but was also sped up by the necessity of both parents needing to work to support the western frills. Just my take. My own view is that the best individual needs to be hired for the job, male or female. No special treatment.

oz
02-18-2020, 09:49 AM
Men are biologically disposed to be leaders and to take the head role in a given circumstance. This translates well into the proportions of men and women with major leading roles in society and the business realm, case in point, CEOs in Europe and the US being over 95% Male. Women can be leaders, but are naturally emotional beings along with other factors and this is obviously not ideal for a higher up position where a lot is on the line.

I don't think what sex the CEOs in companies are has much to do with male or female traits. And I think these are misconceptions that women are more caregiving and emotional than men. It's another form of propaganda to paint men as cold, heartless brutes when in reality that's not the case. I think women are just more sensitive and take things more personal than men because they're more ego-centric. They're more concerned about their self-comfort than for the society in general, this why there's a lot less visionaries and political activists women compared to men. They don't have more "empathy" than men either and they don't sacrifice themselves for a greater good or a goal, whatever that may be, but just take wars as an example. Mostly young males doing all the fighting and sacrificing throughout history. So if anything, being selfish and self-centered is more of a female trait than male.

And there's a very simple evolutionary explanation as to why men today are still different than women in these traits. When people were hunter gatherers men are the ones who put their lives on the line to go hunt and provide food and protect the tribe. People overlook that side of the coin and have a very narrow and ignorant view of what an "alfa" actually is by assuming that it means to be some selfish asshole who just wants to go around bully others. No, the alfa is actually a strong leader but also a protector and responsible for keeping everybody happy and keeping the peace in the tribe. Otherwise this alfa who behaves like a selfish, tyrant, bully will sooner or later be deposed by the oppressed in the tribe pretty easily if they gang up on him. The only way "assholes" run society is when they have a successful divide and conquer strategy in place.

And to reiterate my previous post in a simple figurative way.
The wealthiest elites at the very top want a population made of sheep and a few loyal dogs. They don't need wolves. Especially if those wolves are in a huge pack and hungry.

And you're programmed to believe you're living in a free world, in a democracy and you have all kinds of choices. But what is the reality? As long as you pay your taxes and obey you have the choice to go home after work, have your little beer and watch your sports. Other than that no one asks you anything about your opinion, whether you're happy or sad about anything or whether you agree with anything. They could care less what happens to you. And this is the main reason why western society is consistently becoming more antisocial, self-centered and the numberof lonely people is increasing exponentially. And it's negatively affecting everyone regardless of gender. And now this social media we have is like a poor, virtual substitute and making the problem even worse.

But don't be fooled by the amazing technological and industrial progress, deep down people are still basically the same animal and operating with the same basic instincts. And this modern way of living is rapidly changing humans into something very unnatural. What that's going to be and how it will end up, whether this "transhumanist" agenda, culture, religion, whatever you wanna call it, is gonna bring us all a happy future? I don't know, I think it's more waving a carrot on a stick.
And it just goes to show how dumb and naive most people are. To think that once a tiny percentage of people who would first have access to these abilities to live longer or become some kind of superhuman gods that they will let everyone else come to their level? Well if that's the case why they don't make us all wealthy and privileged like them? Fuck no. As long as they can they will keep everyone else as their slaves and subjects, because they want to feel special and above everybody. If anything they are dying to get the opportunity to be openly worshipped as gods.

That's the way I see it and I could be wrong, I'm not saying I'm right a 100%. Maybe I have too much "caveman" DNA so I see things differently. And at the end of the day we're all different and unique and we don't always see things exactly the same. But this is what my logic and gut instinct tells me.

Unfortunately I made a very long winded post but I felt like getting some things off my mind and going deep and philosophical and I probably sound annoying as hell with my poor vocabulary. But I think people need to discuss these things more instead of worrying about bullshit trivial things as if nothing else matters every second of their breathing life.

I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THESE THINGS ANYMORE
People are becoming more zombified at a scary rate. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just crazy?

Milkyway
02-18-2020, 04:26 PM
Men are physically stronger, although things have started to change because physical strength is no longer necessary to function in most societies.

Adam A
02-18-2020, 06:06 PM
I don't think what sex the CEOs in companies are has much to do with male or female traits. And I think these are misconceptions that women are more caregiving and emotional than men. It's another form of propaganda to paint men as cold, heartless brutes when in reality that's not the case. I think women are just more sensitive and take things more personal than men because they're more ego-centric. They're more concerned about their self-comfort than for the society in general, this why there's a lot less visionaries and political activists women compared to men. They don't have more "empathy" than men either and they don't sacrifice themselves for a greater good or a goal, whatever that may be, but just take wars as an example. Mostly young males doing all the fighting and sacrificing throughout history. So if anything, being selfish and self-centered is more of a female trait than male.

And there's a very simple evolutionary explanation as to why men today are still different than women in these traits. When people were hunter gatherers men are the ones who put their lives on the line to go hunt and provide food and protect the tribe. People overlook that side of the coin and have a very narrow and ignorant view of what an "alfa" actually is by assuming that it means to be some selfish asshole who just wants to go around bully others. No, the alfa is actually a strong leader but also a protector and responsible for keeping everybody happy and keeping the peace in the tribe. Otherwise this alfa who behaves like a selfish, tyrant, bully will sooner or later be deposed by the oppressed in the tribe pretty easily if they gang up on him. The only way "assholes" run society is when they have a successful divide and conquer strategy in place.

And to reiterate my previous post in a simple figurative way.
The wealthiest elites at the very top want a population made of sheep and a few loyal dogs. They don't need wolves. Especially if those wolves are in a huge pack and hungry.

And you're programmed to believe you're living in a free world, in a democracy and you have all kinds of choices. But what is the reality? As long as you pay your taxes and obey you have the choice to go home after work, have your little beer and watch your sports. Other than that no one asks you anything about your opinion, whether you're happy or sad about anything or whether you agree with anything. They could care less what happens to you. And this is the main reason why western society is consistently becoming more antisocial, self-centered and the numberof lonely people is increasing exponentially. And it's negatively affecting everyone regardless of gender. And now this social media we have is like a poor, virtual substitute and making the problem even worse.

But don't be fooled by the amazing technological and industrial progress, deep down people are still basically the same animal and operating with the same basic instincts. And this modern way of living is rapidly changing humans into something very unnatural. What that's going to be and how it will end up, whether this "transhumanist" agenda, culture, religion, whatever you wanna call it, is gonna bring us all a happy future? I don't know, I think it's more waving a carrot on a stick.
And it just goes to show how dumb and naive most people are. To think that once a tiny percentage of people who would first have access to these abilities to live longer or become some kind of superhuman gods that they will let everyone else come to their level? Well if that's the case why they don't make us all wealthy and privileged like them? Fuck no. As long as they can they will keep everyone else as their slaves and subjects, because they want to feel special and above everybody. If anything they are dying to get the opportunity to be openly worshipped as gods.

That's the way I see it and I could be wrong, I'm not saying I'm right a 100%. Maybe I have too much "caveman" DNA so I see things differently. And at the end of the day we're all different and unique and we don't always see things exactly the same. But this is what my logic and gut instinct tells me.

Unfortunately I made a very long winded post but I felt like getting some things off my mind and going deep and philosophical and I probably sound annoying as hell with my poor vocabulary. But I think people need to discuss these things more instead of worrying about bullshit trivial things as if nothing else matters every second of their breathing life.

I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THESE THINGS ANYMORE
People are becoming more zombified at a scary rate. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just crazy?

I agree. Thank you for the detailed response

Souriquois
02-27-2020, 10:02 PM
They're more concerned about their self-comfort than for the society in general, this why there's a lot less visionaries and political activists women compared to men.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with sexism whatsoever... like women have never been assaulted, tortured, locked up, or killed for having political opinions different than a man. That has nothing at all to do with why women keep quiet. It's all biology. :rolleyes:

That assertion isn't even true. Pretty much every movement for (positive) social change is and has been lead by women (though once men figured out they were on the wrong side of history, they often write these women out of the narrative). Always at great risk to women, because the male backlash to social progress is usually violent.

LePrieur
02-28-2020, 07:43 PM
The majority of suicides are men, the majority of workplace deaths are men, the majority of people in prison are men, the majority of parental rights go to women. Yeah, totally a man's world.

rms2
02-29-2020, 04:01 PM
This is an interesting conversation that touches on much of what has come up in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZYQpge1W5s&feature=emb_logo

As a man with two sons, three daughters, two grandsons, and two granddaughters, I want everyone to be happy, healthy, and morally upright.

aaronbee2010
02-29-2020, 08:55 PM
The majority of suicides are men, the majority of workplace deaths are men, the majority of people in prison are men, the majority of parental rights go to women. Yeah, totally a man's world.

Also, good luck if a man is accused of domestic violence or sexual harassment by a woman.

rms2
02-29-2020, 10:39 PM
I'm not going to say whether I think this is good or bad, or look this up to verify it or disprove it, but I read somewhere that, but for the female vote, not a single Democrat presidential candidate in the USA since JFK would have been elected.

Men in the USA tend to vote Republican.

Not saying what I think about that, but I am a man.

On the other hand, of all my five kids, the smartest one is my youngest daughter. She's a frickin' genius, no kidding. She has never gotten a grade lower than "A" throughout her school career (she's currently finishing up her junior year in high school), she has aced all of her AP (Advanced Placement) exams, and she got a perfect score on the SAT Biology test (she has still got to take the SAT Math test and the overall SAT).

Most students take only the overall SAT test, but my daughter wants to get into a university (which shall remain nameless) that requires the Math SAT and at least one science SAT. Like I said, she has already knocked off the Biology SAT with a perfect score.

oz
03-01-2020, 04:28 AM

First of all men are just better at suicide and crime and of course it's no surprise. And why should men have more parental rights? By natural default women are more nurturing than men when it comes to children because the babies come out of their bodies.

Male lives are always more dangerous, again a law of nature. A male lion's life is more brutal, savage and dangerous than a lionesses. But that doesn't change the fact that the male lion is still always the leader, the protector and the dominant boss. His biggest threat is other male lions, not the female lions. Same goes with humans. Being a strong, dominant male is not an easy life. Dealing with females is easy. It's the other males that are the problem.

uflakmoon
06-21-2020, 06:03 AM

The majority of suicides are Men because of Men. It's that 'men never cry', 'man up' mentality that gets them to that place, that patriarchy programming. So many Men are emotionally handicapped it's not even funny. The majority of Men in prison proves it's a mencentric world. First of all it's full of aggressive brats and secondly their draining our resources. Prisons cost a lot and some even have video games in them now! Again parental rights go to women because of patriarchy. Patriarchy reduces females to baby making housewives and than Men get mad when that same sentiment is used in court. Plus the Judge was likely a Man because Men occupy most positions of influences. Nearly all presidents/leaders, Judges, politicians, directors, starring actors, clergy, authors, CEO's, scientist. Men still say someone "hits like a girl" as an insult but act surprised when domestic abuse cases against men aren't taken seriously. Men are a menace to Women and than everything they complain about is also caused by Patriarchy or goes back to Men.

Take everything away and Men are in positions of influence simply because they prone to violence. It's 'do what i'll say or i'll kill you', that it's. We bullied our way into power. Hopefully we evolved or people will arm themselves because of tired of Men, as a Man.

Adamm
06-21-2020, 06:55 AM
We live in a gynocentric world since secularism took over.

alchemist223
10-21-2020, 01:12 PM
Yes, because humans are a sexually dimorphic species and the attempts at gender equality are relatively recent.

I believe hunter-gatherer societies were what we would consider today to be relatively gender-egalitarian, although tasks were still segregated by gender. Patriarch probably arose after the Neolithic period, when the notion of private property emerged and men wanted to pass it down to their sons, leading to increased competition for mates, secluding females, and strict sexual norms for women to ensure that males could pass their property to their genuine sons. Notably, humans are less sexually dimorphic than most other primates, and mammals in general (https://www.pnas.org/content/100/16/9103#:~:text=Humans%20today%20display%20relatively %20limited,easily%20determined%20in%20living%20spe cies.&text=First%2C%20the%20sample%20used%20to,afarensis ).).

doanhmarket
01-04-2021, 08:44 AM
if there are men, there must be women, otherwise why have more women, men B) everything is equal in all things

avoidant_T
02-14-2021, 12:30 PM
This world is anyone's world if they can understand how it works. men just seem to be better at this game than women in most cases but it does not necessarily mean that its men's world

Amzeew
02-14-2021, 01:29 PM
because men are more assertive