View Full Version : I cant find the README.txt file

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
09-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know where the file might be located I have searched everywhere

dp
09-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know where the file might be located I have searched everywhere
Don't know what you are referring to.
Closest thing I can think of WRT this site is: http://www.anthrogenica.com/faq.php
[The only one I have read in a long time was one with DIYDodecad2.1]
dp

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
09-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Don't know what you are referring to.
Closest thing I can think of WRT this site is: http://www.anthrogenica.com/faq.php
dp

Its ok I found it thanks for the help tho. I'm having trouble with DIYDodecad, the source('standardize.r') command gives me an error I don't know what it could be.

dp
09-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Its ok I found it thanks for the help tho. I'm having trouble with DIYDodecad, the source('standardize.r') command gives me an error I don't know what it could be.
idea 1: have you used the R command setwd('c:\\DIYDodecad2.1')
or whatever appropriate for the file path on your end.
dp
:frusty:
:\\ is : \ \ without spaces

IDEA 2:
use the company option, eg. standardize('genotype.txt', company='ftdna')

I ran a file through the other day, without specifying one. The calc I ran on it found less than 100 usable SNPs. I had forgot to add the company option.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
09-28-2016, 08:42 PM
idea 1: have you used the R command setwd('c:\\DIYDodecad2.1')
or whatever appropriate for the file path on your end.
dp
:frusty:
:\\ is : \ \ without spaces

IDEA 2:
use the company option, eg. standardize('genotype.txt', company='ftdna')

I ran a file through the other day, without specifying one. The calc I ran on it found less than 100 usable SNPs. I had forgot to add the company option.

Thanks that seemed to work well the 'source standardize' I tried the next code it came with an error

standardize('SWAHILLIPRINCE.txt', company='23andMe')

Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file 'SWAHILLIPRINCE.txt': No such file or directory

dp
09-29-2016, 08:28 PM
I messed up. genotype.txt is the output of the standardize routine, not the input, but I think you figured that out. :-)

I haven't run it on 23andme files in quite a while. Make sure the file you are running is the one extracted from the archive of your genome data as downloaded from your company, and that it is located in the directory you declared in R using setwd.

It could be this new fangled version is not compatible. My kits are on an older chip.
dp :-)