PDA

View Full Version : G mtDNA project on FTDNA

iromko
10-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Hello! I joined a G mtDNA project on FTDNA several weeks ago with my father's kit, but sadly there's no activity in it. There's no activity feed to post questions, either. Some of the results are ungrouped category, obviously for a longer period of time.
Is this project abandoned or activity/discussions are being kept in closed Facebook group?

evon
10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Have you tried to look for a mtDNA G group on FB or Yahoo groups?

iromko
10-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Yes, I joined hg G group on Facebook about a week ago. Hadn't met any project admins there. People there just say Hi, I'm mtDNA hg G! Not many posts overall.

evon
10-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Yes, I joined hg G group on Facebook about a week ago. Hadn't met any project admins there. People there just say Hi, I'm mtDNA hg G! Not many posts overall.

What information do you seek?

iromko
10-21-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm curious about reason why some of the results on a project results page are ungrouped. One possible reason is that those kits belong to new subclades. Another possible reason - admins didn't look at member data for a long time.

GailT
10-21-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm curious about reason why some of the results on a project results page are ungrouped. One possible reason is that those kits belong to new subclades. Another possible reason - admins didn't look at member data for a long time.

Probably inactive admins. You can email the admin and if there is no response, try to get get a recruit a new volunteer administrator for the project, or you can volunteer to be the admin.

iromko
12-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Hi, an admin responded to my mail and grouped up all outstanding results. All is well now with G mt-haplogroup project:)