PDA

View Full Version : My Geno 2.0 NextGen Results ( Yemeni)

Akra20m
10-26-2016, 02:50 AM
Hi everybody,

I would like to share my DNA results from Geno 2.0. I am from Yemen and I have notice there is not many results of Yemenis out there. I hope this helps.

Is there any body who can help regarding Jewish Diaspora? Is it only for Jews who went to Europe? I think this part has to be look into more cause you know Lots of Jews also migrated to Yemen. In addition, Yemenis were Jews, Christians ... etc. before converting to Islam.

Tsakhur
10-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Hmm maybe the Jewish Diaspora isn't really "Jewish" but something Levantine/Levantine-like? Also interesting you have some Eastern African, Asia Minor and Northern Africa.

Tsakhur
10-26-2016, 06:48 PM
I wonder what populations are used as references for Jewish diaspora, Eastern Africa, Asia Minor and Northern Africa? Although Eastern African should be some African ancestry that most Middle Easterners and North Africans usually get in gedmatch results. :)

I look at the reference populations and most of them seem really weird, vague or not that accurate: https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

Would be interesting to see your gedmatch results! B)

kingjohn
10-26-2016, 06:55 PM
nice thanks for sharing
0.8% neaderthal in you close to 1% ;)
hope to see other middle eastern results
regards
adam

Akra20m
10-26-2016, 07:00 PM
I have just come across this, it might have the answer to your question.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/regions-next-gen/

Do you know if i can transfer my data to gedmatch ? It seems it is not possible.

Tsakhur
10-26-2016, 07:04 PM

Do you know if i can transfer my data to gedmatch ? It seems it is not possible.

Hmm I don't know about this tbh since I never tested myself yet. But I plan to if I can in the future. ;)

Tsakhur
10-26-2016, 07:25 PM

Although I read from others that, if you also do 23andme, you can upload it to gedmatch. In this case, maybe you can ask others who done Geno 2.0 if they can upload to gedmatch?

Akra20m
10-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Although I read from others that, if you also do 23andme, you can upload it to gedmatch. In this case, maybe you can ask others who done Geno 2.0 if they can upload to gedmatch?

Yeah, that is what I am doing. I am googling and hopefully it is doable.

ArmandoR1b
10-26-2016, 09:12 PM

You would have to do the free transfer to FTDNA (https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/ftdna/how-do-i-transfer-my-national-geographic-genographic-project-results-to-family-tree-dna/) then purchase the $39 upgrade to Family Finder in order to get a file that you can upload to Gedmatch if no one has built a tool to trick Gedmatch into accepting Geno 2.0 autosomal files. That's a lot cheaper than getting a 23andme or AncestryDNA test.

Luis
10-27-2016, 02:06 AM
I have a question: I did the Genographic test years ago, their older version, which I did not think much of. It seems this version is an improvement? but my question is: Do I have to do the test all over again, or just pay for an upgrade? At the time, they sent me the kit and the swab on the cheek etc. I guess they already have my information. Do you have to buy a new kit or transfer your FTDNA data over there? I did FTDNA's My Origins years ago too. I think it was called something else before that, well the Family Finder etc. How does the Geno thing work now?

ArmandoR1b
10-27-2016, 02:44 AM
I have a question: I did the Genographic test years ago, their older version, which I did not think much of. It seems this version is an improvement? but my question is: Do I have to do the test all over again, or just pay for an upgrade? At the time, they sent me the kit and the swab on the cheek etc. I guess they already have my information. Do you have to buy a new kit or transfer your FTDNA data over there?
You have to buy a new kit from Genographic for the Geno 2.0 NextGen results. The ethnicity calculator is very similar if not identical to myOrigins. They use the same methodology and reference populations. https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/user-guide/family-finder-myftdna/myorigins-methodology/ You'll have to decide if it is better or not. Have you had a 23andme test? Have you uploaded to Gedmatch and used the calculators there? If yes for both, which do you like best between myOrigins, 23andme, and Gedmatch?

I did FTDNA's My Origins years ago too. I think it was called something else before that, well the Family Finder etc.
Family Finder has always been called Family Finder IIRC. That's used for matching. I know for sure that myOrigins used to be called Population Finder. That's the ethnicity calculator. Here is a blogpost when the change from Population Finder to myOrigins occurred - https://dna-explained.com/2014/05/11/family-tree-dna-releases-myorigins/

How does the Geno thing work now?
What do you mean?

Amerijoe
10-27-2016, 03:19 AM
It looks like Helix, new DNA testing company, backed by illumina, will be doing nat geo's testing starting in November. The attached article gives more depth in it's projected range of services. Also some unanswered questions concerning some companies working relationships.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemlee/helix-announces-debut?utm_term=.jqkY2opQN#.caZ5DvO4N

Abd.H
10-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Ahlan Akram
My mtdna is also K1a , do you have any mtdna matches ?

Akra20m
10-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Ahlan Akram
My mtdna is also K1a , do you have any mtdna matches ?

Ahlen

I have just uploaded my raw data to gedmatch. It will take couple of days, so I can see my matches.
btw, do you know which Project under admixture(Heritage) in gedmatch should I use to get the most accurate results?

ArmandoR1b
10-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Ahlen

I have just uploaded my raw data to gedmatch. It will take couple of days, so I can see my matches.
btw, do you know which Project under admixture(Heritage) in gedmatch should I use to get the most accurate results?

So you were able to use the Geno 2.0 file after all? What was the process do it?

Abd.H
10-28-2016, 12:35 AM
Ahlen

Actually each gedmatch calculator represents different samples and Historical era
Anyway I prefer puntDNAL K12 Modern

Luis
10-28-2016, 02:15 AM
You have to buy a new kit from Genographic for the Geno 2.0 NextGen results. The ethnicity calculator is very similar if not identical to myOrigins. They use the same methodology and reference populations. https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/user-guide/family-finder-myftdna/myorigins-methodology/ You'll have to decide if it is better or not. Have you had a 23andme test? Have you uploaded to Gedmatch and used the calculators there? If yes for both, which do you like best between myOrigins, 23andme, and Gedmatch?

Family Finder has always been called Family Finder IIRC. That's used for matching. I know for sure that myOrigins used to be called Population Finder. That's the ethnicity calculator. Here is a blogpost when the change from Population Finder to myOrigins occurred - https://dna-explained.com/2014/05/11/family-tree-dna-releases-myorigins/

What do you mean?

Thank you for your answers. I did test with 23andMe and My Origins and Ancestry, besides Genographic. I've also used all the Gedmatch calculators. 23andMe is good to find relatives, and so is Ancestry. With My Origins, I do not get DNA Relatives as often as I do with Ancestry. Regarding their ancestry calculations, 23andMe is good, My Origins, who knows! You learn to compare. Ancestry is good too. You are right, Population Finder was the former name! What I asked about Geno was if I had to pay again for the new test of have an upgrade. You answered I have to pay again. However, do they accept uploads from FTDNA? I never liked their test, it was kind of limited and I already knew my haplogroups. I tested years ago. 23andMe is good at detecting Iberian ancestry. I think they underestimate MENA ancestry in some cases. 23andMe is also good at detecting even small amounts of Native American, based on what I have seen. 23andMe gave me 1% Native American and 0.1 Yakut. None of the Gedmatch calculators and neither Ancestry nor My Origins detect any NA in me. At the same time, all the other companies give me a much higher MENA %. However, in general, they are not too far apart from each other.

ArmandoR1b
10-28-2016, 02:50 AM
Thank you for your answers. I did test with 23andMe and My Origins and Ancestry, besides Genographic. I've also used all the Gedmatch calculators. 23andMe is good to find relatives, and so is Ancestry. With My Origins, I do not get DNA Relatives as often as I do with Ancestry. Regarding their ancestry calculations, 23andMe is good, My Origins, who knows! You learn to compare. Ancestry is good too. You are right, Population Finder was the former name! Genographic does not have the option to find relatives so there is no reason to compare that function. 23andme is the best ethnicity calculator in my opinion. Since you have had the Family Finder test you should be able to tell us what you think of myOrigins.

What I asked about Geno was if I had to pay again for the new test of have an upgrade. You answered I have to pay again. However, do they accept uploads from FTDNA?
No, they do not accept uploads. The only way to get a Geno 2.0 NextGen test result is by purchasing the test.

I never liked their test, it was kind of limited and I already knew my haplogroups. I tested years ago. 23andMe is good at detecting Iberian ancestry. I think they underestimate MENA ancestry in some cases. 23andMe is also good at detecting even small amounts of Native American, based on what I have seen. 23andMe gave me 1% Native American and 0.1 Yakut. None of the Gedmatch calculators and neither Ancestry nor My Origins detect any NA in me. At the same time, all the other companies give me a much higher MENA %. However, in general, they are not too far apart from each other.
The NA at 23andme is almost definitely a false positive if you didn't get it at Ancestry which is very good at detecting NA. MyOrigins is very bad when it comes to Native American because it overassigns Northeast Asian, Siberian, and Central Asian for the Native American DNA. This happens with almost all Latin Americans with Native American ancestry and even people from the U.S. and Canada that really do have Native American ancestry. I agree that the MENA at 23andme is probably a little low in Iberians and Latin Americans. How much MENA are you seeing in each of the companies?

vettor
10-28-2016, 10:01 AM
Genographic does not have the option to find relatives so there is no reason to compare that function. 23andme is the best ethnicity calculator in my opinion. Since you have had the Family Finder test you should be able to tell us what you think of myOrigins.

the myOrigins results are based on the DNA in all your other chromosomes, very little (if any) of which comes from the paternal line. Only in very unusual circumstances (e.g. isolated in-bred communities will paternal count with any great %)

23andme.........really the best?!..........maybe prior to November 2015. But since I still have not been upgraded to the new structure and I do not get any new change to ethnicity, then I cannot back you on this

ArmandoR1b
10-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Genographic does not have the option to find relatives so there is no reason to compare that function. 23andme is the best ethnicity calculator in my opinion. Since you have had the Family Finder test you should be able to tell us what you think of myOrigins.

the myOrigins results are based on the DNA in all your other chromosomes, very little (if any) of which comes from the paternal line. Only in very unusual circumstances (e.g. isolated in-bred communities will paternal count with any great %)
What on earth does that have to do with what I posted? When did I ever allude to the paternal line have an affect on myOrigins? I have had the Family Finder test for myself, relatives, and others and I have posted about the myOrigins results many times. I knew exactly what it was for before I even got the Family Finder test the first time many years ago. I was asking him his opinion about his myOrigins results although I already had my opinion.

You have only recently realized the lack of an affect of the Y-DNA chromosome on the autosomal DNA with your HG T results based on what was posted by you (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7240-T-in-YFULL&p=193823&viewfull=1#post193823) in your thread and you are erroneously assuming that your previous misunderstanding existed with others such as myself.

23andme.........really the best?!..........maybe prior to November 2015. But since I still have not been upgraded to the new structure and I do not get any new change to ethnicity, then I cannot back you on this
Yes, in my opinion, 23andme is the best when all of the components are compared in people with well documented ancestry. In the new experience at 23andme the change in the ethnicity is only at the speculative level. They changed it from 51% to 50%. So if you thought 23andme was the best prior to Nov. 2105 you should still think so.

vettor
10-28-2016, 05:10 PM
What on earth does that have to do with what I posted? When did I ever allude to the paternal line have an affect on myOrigins? I have had the Family Finder test for myself, relatives, and others and I have posted about the myOrigins results many times. I knew exactly what it was for before I even got the Family Finder test the first time many years ago. I was asking him his opinion about his myOrigins results although I already had my opinion.

You have only recently realized the lack of an affect of the Y-DNA chromosome on the autosomal DNA with your HG T results based on what was posted by you (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7240-T-in-YFULL&p=193823&viewfull=1#post193823) in your thread and you are erroneously assuming that your previous misunderstanding existed with others such as myself.

Yes, in my opinion, 23andme is the best when all of the components are compared in people with well documented ancestry. In the new experience at 23andme the change in the ethnicity is only at the speculative level. They changed it from 51% to 50%. So if you thought 23andme was the best prior to Nov. 2105 you should still think so.

I am not having a shot at you, I was only making a point that the assumptions people make from myorigins are far from......... even assuming any ethnicity to one area or another

My conclusion is that the previous PF system on ftdna was slightly better than today's MyOrigins

Interpretome is better than myOrigins

Akra20m
10-28-2016, 05:35 PM
So you were able to use the Geno 2.0 file after all? What was the process do it?

Yes, I paid $39 for the upgrade, then I transfer to gedmatch.

ArmandoR1b
10-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes, I paid $39 for the upgrade, then I transfer to gedmatch.

Thanks. I was wondering because the upgrade gets stuck sometimes and takes several days to go through so I wasn't sure if maybe you had found a different trick.

Smilelover
11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Congrats on Your result brother
I think your YDNA Haplogroup is shared with people who is Yafei
ARE YOU ??

I UPLOAD MY RESULT OF AUTOSOMAL TO GEDMATCH ALREADY , IT IS INTERESTING TO COMPARE MINE TO YOU AS WE BOTH YEMENI
MY ORIGIN IS 63% ARABIA (EM), 5% MINOR ASIA , 5% NORTH AFRICA , 16% EAST AFRICA 11% WEST AFRICA

I am also cannot understand my african percentage
Although for more than 7 generations all marriage is in a small village in hadhramout yemen

Akra20m
11-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Hi Bazqamah,

Thanks buddy. I am not actually from Yafei. Although I believe we have a recent common ancestor with some Yefei tribes.
After all you know we have the same Himyarite ancestry in that region of Yemen.
Regarding your results, can you tell me which project you used?

Smilelover
11-07-2016, 04:29 AM
This result is from family finder my origin result
Not gedmatch .. i will post my gedmatch later on

Smilelover
11-07-2016, 02:06 PM
this is my gedmatch in different most popular calculators

Eurogenes K36 Admixture Proportions
Population
Arabian 17.16
Armenian 5.48
East_African 2.64
East_Med 11.06
Near_Eastern 24.10
North_Caucasian 1.43
Northeast_African 20.78
Pygmy 0.41
Siberian 1.05
South_Asian 2.61
South_Central_Asian 3.20
West_African 10.08

--------------------------------------
Dodecad K12b Oracle results:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Southwest_Asian 27.45
2 Caucasus 24.42
3 Sub_Saharan 13.59
4 East_African 12.49
5 Gedrosia 8.57
6 Northwest_African 4.31
7 Atlantic_Med 4.18
8 South_Asian 3.01
9 Siberian 1.41
10 Southeast_Asian 0.57

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
1 Yemenese (Behar) 11.72
2 Egyptans (Behar) 15.65
3 Jordanians (Behar) 21.49
4 Palestinian (HGDP) 21.75
5 Syrians (Behar) 23.42
6 Bedouin (HGDP) 23.49
7 Lebanese (Behar) 25.92
8 Iraq_Jews (Behar) 31.46
9 Druze (HGDP) 31.69
10 Samaritians (Behar) 31.7
11 Uzbekistan_Jews (Behar) 32.02
12 Iranian_Jews (Behar) 32.82
13 Morocco_Jews (Behar) 33.02
14 Yemen_Jews (Behar) 33.37
15 Iranians (Behar) 33.73
16 Sephardic_Jews (Behar) 34.4
17 Kurd (Dodecad) 34.58
18 Georgia_Jews (Behar) 35.09
19 Kurds (Yunusbayev) 35.31
20 Iranian (Dodecad) 35.36

----------------------------------------------------------------
Admix Results MDLP K23b Oracle results: (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Near_East 25.6
2 Caucasian 24.43
3 Subsaharian 11.48
4 South_Central_Asian 9.41
5 East_African 8.98
6 North_African 6.8
7 Archaic_African 5.66
8 South_Indian 2.89
9 European_Early_Farmers 2.84
10 East_Siberian 0.67
11 Amerindian 0.66
12 Tungus-Altaic 0.22
13 Austronesian 0.21
14 Archaic_Human 0.14
15 Arctic 0.02
16 Australoid 0.01

1 Yemen ( ) 9.06
2 Egyptian_Iskandaria ( ) 13.22
3 Egyptian_Kuwait ( ) 14.9
4 Egyptian_Kairo ( ) 16.29
5 Egyptian_Cairo ( ) 16.42
6 Jordanian ( ) 17.07
7 Ain_Touta_WGA ( ) 17.47
8 BedouinA ( ) 17.49
9 Egyptian_Mansoura ( ) 18.93
10 Egyptian_Kafar_Sheikh ( ) 19.89
11 Egyptian_Tanta ( ) 20.31
12 Muslim_Arabs_Israel ( ) 22.95
13 Iraki ( ) 23.05
14 Saudi ( ) 23.63
15 Palestinian ( ) 25.09
16 Syrian ( ) 25.61
17 Iranian ( ) 27
18 Tatar_Mishar ( ) 27.42
19 Russian_Meshtchyora ( ) 27.77
20 Russian_Center ( ) 27.79
------------------------------------------------------------
Dodecad V3 Oracle results:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Southwest_Asian 26.67
2 West_Asian 19.45
3 Mediterranean 14.78
4 East_African 12.64
5 Neo_African 9.94
6 Palaeo_African 6.66
7 South_Asian 4.97
8 Northwest_African 2.57
9 Southeast_Asian 1.16
10 Northeast_Asian 0.92
11 West_European 0.26

1 Yemenese (Behar) 4.34
2 Egyptans (Behar) 13.22
3 Egypt (Henn) 14.53
4 Libya (Henn) 18.74
5 Bedouin (HGDP) 18.82
6 Jordanians_19 (Behar) 19.95
7 Palestinian (HGDP) 20.48
8 Syrians (Behar) 21.87
9 Lebanese (Behar) 23.31
10 Georgia_Jews (Behar) 27.6
11 Samaritians (Behar) 27.9
12 Uzbekistan_Jews (Behar) 28.44
13 Algeria (Henn) 28.46
14 Iranian_Jews (Behar) 29.01
15 Iraq_Jews (Behar) 29.62
16 Morocco_Jews (Behar) 30.47
17 Kurd (Xing) 30.48
18 Iranians (Behar) 30.52
19 Druze (HGDP) 30.69
20 Kurd (Dodecad) 31.09

---------------------------------------------------------

puntDNAL K12 Modern Oracle

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Near_East 24.97
2 Sub-Saharan 21.27
3 Anatolian_NF 20.41
4 Caucasus_HG 19.96
5 South_Asian 7.45
6 South_African_HG 2.48
7 East_Asian 1.9
8 Beringian 0.86
9 Oceanian 0.7
------------------------------------------
Eurogenes K13 Oracle results:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 33.41
2 Red_Sea 20.2
3 Northeast_African 13.69
4 Sub-Saharan 12.58
5 West_Asian 11.53
6 South_Asian 4.82
7 West_Med 1.76
8 East_Asian 0.67
9 North_Atlantic 0.56
10 Amerindian 0.49
11 Siberian 0.29

1 Egyptian 14.13
2 Bedouin 16.98
3 Jordanian 19.39
4 Palestinian 21.09
5 Syrian 23.01
6 Tunisian 23.76
7 Saudi 23.86
8 Algerian 24.44
9 Yemenite_Jewish 25.49
10 Mozabite_Berber 25.76
11 Lebanese_Muslim 25.98
12 Libyan_Jewish 26.42
13 Moroccan 26.49
14 Samaritan 26.87
15 Tunisian_Jewish 27.38
16 Lebanese_Christian 28.6
17 Lebanese_Druze 28.74
18 Iranian_Jewish 28.89
19 Kurdish_Jewish 29.45
20 Cyprian 30.55

Akra20m
12-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Pardon me Bazqamah , I have been a bit busy with studying. Here are my results.
Eurogenes K36 Admixture Proportions
Arabian 35.89
Armenian 1.14
East_Med 16.93
Near_Eastern 21.52
North_African 2.40
Northeast_African 19.42
West_Med 2.70
Dodecad K12b Oracle results:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Southwest_Asian 42.12
2 Caucasus 30.59
3 East_African 13.3
4 Atlantic_Med 7.31
5 Northwest_African 6.08
6 East_Asian 0.33
7 Sub_Saharan 0.23
8 Gedrosia 0.04

1 Bedouin (HGDP) 10.23
2 Egyptans (Behar) 14.09
3 Yemenese (Behar) 14.7
4 Yemen_Jews (Behar) 15.33
5 Palestinian (HGDP) 17.33
6 Jordanians (Behar) 20
7 Syrians (Behar) 22.62
8 Samaritians (Behar) 23.96
9 Lebanese (Behar) 25.86
10 Saudis (Behar) 29.19
11 Druze (HGDP) 29.64
12 Iraq_Jews (Behar) 31.08
13 Iranian_Jews (Behar) 33.73
14 Morocco_Jews (Behar) 33.87
15 Sephardic_Jews (Behar) 34.78
16 Cypriots (Behar) 35.03
17 Uzbekistan_Jews (Behar) 35.42
18 Georgia_Jews (Behar) 36.5
19 Assyrian (Dodecad) 37.04
20 Ashkenazi (Dodecad) 37.54
Admix Results MDLP K23b Oracle results: (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Near_East 37.24
2 Caucasian 30.3
3 North_African 11.67
4 East_African 10.98
5 European_Early_Farmers 4.68
6 Archaic_African 2.17
7 Melano_Polynesian 1.3
8 South_East_Asian 0.44
9 South_Central_Asian 0.42
10 East_Siberian 0.36
11 African_Pygmy 0.36
12 Archaic_Human 0.07

1 Egyptian_Cairo ( ) 9.75
2 BedouinA ( ) 10.38
3 Egyptian_Kuwait ( ) 11.04
4 Egyptian_Kairo ( ) 11.67
5 Yemenite_Jew ( ) 12.27
6 Egyptian_Kafar_Sheikh ( ) 12.51
7 Egyptian_Mansoura ( ) 12.58
8 Yemen ( ) 13.69
9 Egyptian_Tanta ( ) 13.96
10 Saudi ( ) 17.18
11 Jordanian ( ) 17.26
12 Palestinian ( ) 18.72
13 Egyptian_Iskandaria ( ) 20.74
14 Muslim_Arabs_Israel ( ) 21.41
15 Syrian ( ) 22.06
16 Qatari ( ) 23.29
17 Samaritian ( ) 25.53
18 Iraki ( ) 25.86
19 Lebanese ( ) 26.21
20 Ain_Touta_WGA ( ) 26.62
Dodecad V3 Oracle results:
Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Southwest_Asian 41.62
2 Mediterranean 20.48
3 West_Asian 17.39
4 East_African 12.42
5 Northwest_African 3.71
6 Palaeo_African 2.22
7 Neo_African 1.82
8 Northeast_Asian 0.33

1 Bedouin (HGDP) 5.98
2 Egyptans (Behar) 9.81
3 Yemenese (Behar) 16.47
4 Egypt (Henn) 17.58
5 Jordanians_19 (Behar) 18.42
6 Palestinian (HGDP) 21.34
7 Libya (Henn) 21.85
8 Syrians (Behar) 21.88
9 Lebanese (Behar) 24.04
10 Samaritians (Behar) 25.94
11 Georgia_Jews (Behar) 29.37
12 Yemen_Jews (Behar) 29.75
13 Iraq_Jews (Behar) 31.01
14 Iranian_Jews (Behar) 31.34
15 Druze (HGDP) 31.92
16 Morocco_Jews (Behar) 32.16
17 Saudis (Behar) 32.17
18 Uzbekistan_Jews (Behar) 32.52
19 Algeria (Henn) 34.28
20 Azerbaijan_Jews (Behar) 34.72
puntDNAL K12 Modern Oracle
Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Near_East 39.57
2 Anatolian_NF 29.28
3 Caucasus_HG 16.5
4 Sub-Saharan 9.29
5 Oceanian 1.9
6 South_African_HG 1.35
7 East_Asian 0.79
8 Siberian 0.72
9 South_Asian 0.59
10 Amerindian 0.01

1 Yemenite_Jew 8.83
2 Yemeni 10.17
3 Egyptian 10.5
4 BedouinA 12.46
5 Jordanian 17.13
6 Palestinian 18.57
7 Syrian 20.2
8 Lebanese 20.5
9 Tunisian_Jew 23.29
10 Libyan_Jew 23.35
11 Algerian 23.76
12 Saharawi 23.82
13 Tunisian 24.14
14 Mozabite_Berber 26.4
15 Moroccan_Jew 27.64
16 Iraqi_Jew 27.74
17 Saudi 28.46
18 Druze 29.39
19 Turkish_Jew 29.67
20 Cypriot 29.67
Eurogenes K13 Oracle results:
Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 43.22
2 Red_Sea 32.09
3 Northeast_African 13
4 West_Med 8.79
5 West_Asian 2.44
6 East_Asian 0.33
7 Amerindian 0.12

1 Saudi 12.1
2 Yemenite_Jewish 12.41
3 Egyptian 15.92
4 Bedouin 17.26
5 Palestinian 21.63
6 Jordanian 22.7
7 Samaritan 25.84
8 Libyan_Jewish 26.87
9 Syrian 27.31
10 Tunisian 27.67
11 Tunisian_Jewish 27.98
12 Algerian 28.19
13 Lebanese_Christian 28.45
14 Moroccan 28.46
15 Lebanese_Muslim 30.07
16 Mozabite_Berber 30.36
17 Lebanese_Druze 30.66
18 Algerian_Jewish 32.11
19 Sephardic_Jewish 32.18
20 Cyprian 32.61

Lank
12-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Which part of Yemen are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Akra20m
12-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Which part of Yemen are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
I am from Aden which is a city in south of Yemen.

Tsakhur
12-12-2016, 03:51 AM
Congratulations! Very interesting results!! You seem to be on average genetically closest to tribal SW Asians/Bedouins, Egyptians and other Yemeni Muslims and Yemeni Jews to a certain extent, based on the single population sharing in the calculators. I find it strange that you are actually distant from Saudi Arabians which makes me thing that Saudi Arabians samples might be Levant or Mesopotamian-shifted as they seem to be further from other SW Asians.

Another noteworthy observation is that your SSA ancestry which approximately varied around 10-13% base on various calculators, seems to be similar to those found in certain Bedouins, Yemeni Jews, tribal Saudi Arabians but at higher levels of SSA than them: 1) Your African ancestry, based on Eurogenes K13 and K36 seems to be only East African (http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-east-african-cluster.html)type, which is probably from ancient Horner-like population who in turn received it from Nilotic/Nilo-Saharan-like groups. I am not sure if your East African also have Omotic affinities. 2) You seem to don't have any West-Central African affinity, which is different from the Yemeni averages in the calculator spreadsheets who see to have it. This West-Central African admix in other Yemeni Muslims might come during the African slave trade.

So to sum it up, you are genetically closest to indigenous Southwest Asians/Arabians and Egyptians and your SSA affinity seem to be only East African while lacking West-Central African. I see that you said you are from Aden, but genetically you seem to come from an isolated area that doesn't received West-Central African gene flow mediated through slave trade.

Have you done other calculators like ANE K6, Iran Neolithic K6, West Eurasia K8 or Steppe K10?

Akra20m
12-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Congratulations! Very interesting results!! You seem to be on average genetically closest to tribal SW Asians/Bedouins, Egyptians and other Yemeni Muslims and Yemeni Jews to a certain extent, based on the single population sharing in the calculators. I find it strange that you are actually distant from Saudi Arabians which makes me thing that Saudi Arabians samples might be Levant or Mesopotamian-shifted as they seem to be further from other SW Asians.

Another noteworthy observation is that your SSA ancestry which approximately varied around 10-13% base on various calculators, seems to be similar to those found in certain Bedouins, Yemeni Jews, tribal Saudi Arabians but at higher levels of SSA than them: 1) Your African ancestry, based on Eurogenes K13 and K36 seems to be only East African (http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-east-african-cluster.html)type, which is probably from ancient Horner-like population who in turn received it from Nilotic/Nilo-Saharan-like groups. I am not sure if your East African also have Omotic affinities. 2) You seem to don't have any West-Central African affinity, which is different from the Yemeni averages in the calculator spreadsheets who see to have it. This West-Central African admix in other Yemeni Muslims might come during the African slave trade.

So to sum it up, you are genetically closest to indigenous Southwest Asians/Arabians and Egyptians and your SSA affinity seem to be only East African while lacking West-Central African. I see that you said you are from Aden, but genetically you seem to come from an isolated area that doesn't received West-Central African gene flow mediated through slave trade.

Have you done other calculators like ANE K6, Iran Neolithic K6, West Eurasia K8 or Steppe K10?

Thanks for the details, appreciate it.
There was a paper I read while ago which touches this subject, but I can't seem to find it. As I remember, it basically illustrates how the African presentage decreases as we go from east to west of Yemen. It peaks at Hadramout.
Aden is a melting bot. People from different backgrounds and ethnicities are living there and we are very proud of our diversity :)
"ANE K6, Iran Neolithic K6, West Eurasia K8 or Steppe K10" where to find these calculators?

Tsakhur
12-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the details, appreciate it.
There was a paper I read while ago which touches this subject, but I can't seem to find it. It basically illustrates how the African presentage decreases as we go from east to west of Yemen. It peaks at Hadramout.
Aden is a melting bot. People from different backgrounds and ethnicities are living there and we are very proud of our diversity :)
"ANE K6, Iran Neolithic K6, West Eurasia K8 or Steppe K10" where to find these calculators?

You welcome. If you can find the paper later, will appreciate it. :)
Interesting that the western part have the least African and Hadhramaut have the most based on that paper.
I think in Yemen, the Jews have the least African but still substantial (http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2016/01/african-ancestry-in-west-asian-north.html)at around 6-10% of exclusively East African type that is similar to the Horn,who in turn received it from Nilotic/Nilo-Saharan-like and possibly Omotic-like speakers. A very knowledgeable member on ABF said this:
Native Yemenite might be different because I've seen @23andme a Yemenite with 16-17% African ancestry, but unlike most Yemenis nowadays, it was only East African. This higher East African ancestry could be linked to the South Semitic nature of Southern Arabia's language (as opposed to Arabic which is Central Semitic together with Hebrew, Aramaic etc).
The reason Yemen Jews seem to have the least is due to their religious difference which leads to isolation and endogamy compared to their Muslim neighbors. But there might be Yemeni Muslims who have low African like Yemen Jews.

ANE K6 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8241-Post-ANE-K6-Results), Iran Neolithic K6 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8180-Post-Iran-Neolithic-K6-Results), West Eurasia K8 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kd9Q9vFrL1Cra9ayqMYVFKXrUdnThmQJVMtjczLhoTs/edit#gid=74932529)(If you want it, I think you will have to donate $20 to Davidski/Generalissmo) and Steppe K10 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4402-eurogenes-steppe-k10)can be found here.

Akra20m
12-12-2016, 08:22 AM
I found the paper. The title is "Regional Differences in the Distribution of the Sub-Saharan, West Eurasian, and South Asian mtDNA Lineages in Yemen"
I hope it helps.

Tsakhur
12-12-2016, 08:51 AM
I found the paper. The title is "Regional Differences in the Distribution of the Sub-Saharan, West Eurasian, and South Asian mtDNA Lineages in Yemen"
I hope it helps.

Thank you. I will try to find it. :D Link to the calculators posted.

Missouri1455
12-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Thank you. I will try to find it. :D Link to the calculators posted.

Tshakur ill send you a message about interesting info i found about socotra; let me know if you clear out your private messages

I also agree with Akram i believe the SSA does peak in Hadramout and tihamah but i believe it is more related to the coastal areas, because wether it was during the slave trade, immigration, or intermarriges most africans settled by the coasts in places like Mukalla, shihr, etc and this inflated their numbers but once you move upwards the percentage goes down significantly

Akra20m
12-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Tshakur ill send you a message about interesting info i found about socotra; let me know if you clear out your private messages

I also agree with Akram i believe the SSA does peak in Hadramout and tihamah but i believe it is more related to the coastal areas, because wether it was during the slave trade, immigration, or intermarriges most africans settled by the coasts in places like Mukalla, shihr, etc and this inflated their numbers but once you move upwards the percentage goes down significantly

I agree with most of what you have said. At coastal area the presentage mostly peaks.
Thanks for your input.

Tsakhur
12-12-2016, 09:24 PM

I have clear some message. You can send me. :)

Akra20m
12-13-2016, 11:44 PM
ANE K6 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8241-Post-ANE-K6-Results), Iran Neolithic K6 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8180-Post-Iran-Neolithic-K6-Results), West Eurasia K8 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kd9Q9vFrL1Cra9ayqMYVFKXrUdnThmQJVMtjczLhoTs/edit#gid=74932529)(If you want it, I think you will have to donate $20 to Davidski/Generalissmo) and Steppe K10 (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4402-eurogenes-steppe-k10)can be found here.
I was not able to use any calculators but ANE K6. Here is the result.

Ancient Eurasia K6
Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Natufian 55.67
2 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 16.83
3 Sub_Saharan 12.51
4 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 11.7
5 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 3.02
6 East_Asian 0.27

1 BedouinA 5.23
2 Egyptian 6.97
3 Palestinian 7.27
4 Saudi 7.73
5 Jordanian 8.03
6 Jew_Yemenite 8.16
7 Lebanese 10.06
8 Syrian 10.27
9 Libyan 10.76
10 Yemeni 10.79
11 Levant_BA 12.23
12 Jew_Tunisian 13.05
13 Druze 13.3
14 Jew_Libyan 13.64
15 Cypriot 15.28
16 Jew_Moroccan 15.33
17 Jew_iraqi 16.7
18 Jew_Iranian 17.24
19 Assyrian 18
20 Turkish 19.55

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 88.4% Levant_BA + 11.6% Mota @ 1.8
2 88% Saudi + 12% Somali @ 1.88
3 53.2% Yemeni + 46.8% Levant_BA @ 2.17
4 91.2% Saudi + 8.8% Masai @ 2.22
5 88.3% Levant_BA + 11.7% Hadza @ 2.33
6 92.5% Saudi + 7.5% Hadza @ 2.38
7 87.6% Jew_Yemenite + 12.4% Somali @ 2.38
8 93.6% Saudi + 6.4% Gambian @ 2.39
9 93.8% Saudi + 6.2% Yoruba @ 2.43
10 93.8% Saudi + 6.2% Esan @ 2.43
11 92.7% Saudi + 7.3% Mota @ 2.45
12 90% Levant_BA + 10% Gambian @ 2.45
13 86.5% Levant_BA + 13.5% Masai @ 2.51
14 90.3% Levant_BA + 9.7% Esan @ 2.52
15 90.3% Levant_BA + 9.7% Yoruba @ 2.52
16 57.5% Jew_Yemenite + 42.5% Libyan @ 2.64
17 90.9% Jew_Yemenite + 9.1% Masai @ 2.65
18 92.3% Jew_Yemenite + 7.7% Mota @ 2.69
19 92.2% Jew_Yemenite + 7.8% Hadza @ 2.73
20 59% Saudi + 41% Libyan @ 2.78

Morges
03-03-2017, 09:00 AM
If you transfer these results to FTDNA it basically shows you the same composition...a fraud basically.

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 09:30 AM
If you transfer these results to FTDNA it basically shows you the same composition...a fraud basically.

Yes that is absolutely right.