PDA

View Full Version : My First Geno 2.0 results (Yemeni)

Missouri1455
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM
i wanted to give out my results;

Period: 10,000 years-present

55% Arabia

9% Jewish Diaspora

9% Northern Africa

20% Eastern Africa

7% Western and Central Africa

PATERNAL LINE
Will be determined soon

Your paternal haplogroup is shared by <0.1% of all participants in the project
__________________________________________________ ________________

Neanthedral 0.6%
__________________________________________________ ________________
First reference population: Iran
Second reference population: Lebanon

I tried to paste the information but didnt know how

drobbah
11-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Im Yemeni i wanted to give out my results;

I tried to paste the information but didnt know how

Which part of Yemen are you from?

Missouri1455
11-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Which part of Yemen are you from?

Hadhramout; how about you what results did you get?

drobbah
11-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Hadhramout; how about you what results did you get?

Not surprised lol.My family lived in Aden for generations and I have many Yemeni friends so I guess I'm quite familiar with you folks.Anyways Hadhramawt is known for having a good chunk of African ancestry(Swahili coast/SE Africa) same goes for the Tihama region of Yemen.Do you happen to be from Mukalla?

Missouri1455
11-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Not surprised lol.My family lived in Aden for generations and I have many Yemeni friends so I guess I'm quite familiar with you folks.Anyways Hadhramawt is known for having a good chunk of African ancestry(Swahili coast/SE Africa) same goes for the Tihama region of Yemen.Do you happen to be from Mukalla?

Im from an area that is 4 hours north of mukalla

Tsakhur
11-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Is this the new Geno 2.0 version? I think that Iranian being your first reference does not make sense as they score around 56% Arabian in reference populations which is more than Afro-Asiatic populations like Lebanese or Egyptians who are around 44% Arabian and 17% Arabian. :confused::suspicious: The reason why I don't think it make sense is Iranians are supposed to have very minor Arabian component compared to Lebanese and Egyptians as the latter are also Arabic speaking populations like Yemenis.

Iranian Reference population :crazy::confused:

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Now compared with Lebanese reference::suspicious::confused:

Arabia
44%

Jewish Diaspora
14%

Eastern Africa
2%

Northern Africa
11%

Asia Minor
10%

Southern Europe
5%

or Egyptians :confused:

Arabia
17%

Jewish Diaspora
4%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
68%

Asia Minor
3%

Southern Europe
3%

Iranians should be genetically closest to Georgians among reference populations and the latter don't have as much Arabian component as Iranians. Also it is weird that Iranians show minor East African and Northern African components. I think Iranians should have a significant more than half decrease in Arabian with reversely, a very signifcant increase in Asia Minor and Central Asian components. Im not sure about the South Asian component, it might be that the South Asian component is heavily Iran-Neolithic shifted. Moreover, I think Iranian reference population should be closest North Caucasians and Pamiri Tajiks as well. On the other hand, Yemenis should be genetically closest to Kuwaiti, Egyptian and Lebanese reference populations.

Comparing the four: Iranians, Georgians, Northern Caucasians and Pamiri Tajiks)

Iranian:

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Georgian:

Arabia
5%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
4%

Central Asia
6%

Asia Minor
77%

Southern Europe
7%

Northern Caucasian:

Arabia
9%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
19%

Eastern Asia
2%

Central Asia
8%

Asia Minor
59%

Pamiri Tajik:

Arabia
6%

Eastern Europe
5%

Finland & Northern Siberia
3%

Eastern Asia
9%

Scandinavia
2%

Central Asia
57%

Asia Minor
11%

Southeast Asia & Oceania
2%

Southern Asia
3%

In fact, Kuwaitis should be your first reference population as they are also an Arabian/Gulf Arab population and score a lot higher Arabian at 84%.

Kuwaiti Reference Population:

Arabia
84%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
4%

Asia Minor
7%

Since now you have already have done Geno 2.0, the next step is to upload the raw data from Geno 2.0 to Gedmatch if you want to know more about your autosomal DNA. :)

Missouri1455
11-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Is this the new Geno 2.0 version? I think that Iranian being your first reference does not make sense as they score around 56% Arabian in reference populations which is more than Afro-Asiatic populations like Lebanese or Egyptians who are around 44% Arabian and 17% Arabian. :confused::suspicious: The reason why I don't think it make sense is Iranians are supposed to have very minor Arabian component compared to Lebanese and Egyptians as the latter are also Arabic speaking populations like Yemenis.

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Arabia
44%

Jewish Diaspora
14%

Eastern Africa
2%

Northern Africa
11%

Asia Minor
10%

Southern Europe
5%

Arabia
17%

Jewish Diaspora
4%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
68%

Asia Minor
3%

Southern Europe
3%

Iranians should be genetically closest to Georgians among reference populations and the latter don't have as much Arabian component as Iranians. Also it is weird that Iranians show minor East African and Northern African components. I think Iranians should have a significant more than half decrease in Arabian with reversely, a very signifcant increase in Asia Minor and Central Asian components. Im not sure about the South Asian component, it might be that the South Asian component is heavily Iran-Neolithic shifted. Moreover, I think Iranian reference population should be closest North Caucasians and Pamiri Tajiks as well. On the other hand, Yemenis should be genetically closest to Kuwaiti, Egyptian and Lebanese reference populations.

Iranian:

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Georgian:

Arabia
5%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
4%

Central Asia
6%

Asia Minor
77%

Southern Europe
7%

Northern Caucasian:

Arabia
9%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
19%

Eastern Asia
2%

Central Asia
8%

Asia Minor
59%

Pamiri Tajik:

Arabia
6%

Eastern Europe
5%

3%

Eastern Asia
9%

Scandinavia
2%

Central Asia
57%

Asia Minor
11%

Southeast Asia & Oceania
2%

Southern Asia
3%

In fact, Kuwaitis should be your first reference population as they are also an Arabian/Gulf Arab population and score a lot higher Arabian at 84%.

Arabia
84%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
4%

Asia Minor
7%

Since now you have already have done Geno 2.0, the next step is to upload the raw data from Geno 2.0 to Gedmatch if you want to know more about your autosomal DNA. :)

You have point; i think they lumped up iran with the arabic speaking population when infact persians are genetically closer linked to the groups you mentioned.

How do i upload from geno 2.0 to gedmatch what are the directions to do so.

Tsakhur
11-08-2016, 02:25 AM
You have point; i think they lumped up iran with the arabic speaking population when infact persians are genetically closer linked to the groups you mentioned.

How do i upload from geno 2.0 to gedmatch what are the directions to do so.

Yes I agree that they seem to lump Iranian with Arabic speaking Afro-Asiatic populations when genetically they are very different from one another.
I think the way they design the admixture components in this geno 2.0 is peculiar and odd.

Please forgive me but I haven't done the geno 2.0 or gedmatch yet. :( :sorry: I planned to do in it in the future though. I heard from another user that you have to upload raw data from geno 2.0 to gedmatch. I think you can ask Agamemnon (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?9009-How-to-know-more-about-an-autosomal-test&p=196124&viewfull=1#post196124) or these two other Yemeni users: 1) http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8928-My-Geno-2-0-NextGen-Results-(-Yemeni)&p=194795&viewfull=1#post194795 2) http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8928-My-Geno-2-0-NextGen-Results-(-Yemeni)&p=196229&viewfull=1#post196229

Missouri1455
11-09-2016, 12:20 AM
I was curious when geno 2.0 talks about "Jewish diaspora" what type of population would the jewish diaspora be? What potential races are they? because i have it listed in my results at 9%

Tsakhur
11-09-2016, 12:34 AM
I was curious when geno 2.0 talks about "Jewish diaspora" what type of population would the jewish diaspora be? What potential races are they? because i have it listed in my results at 9%

Hmm maybe the Jewish Diaspora isn't really "Jewish" but something Levantine/Levantine-like? Like some Samaritan ancestry?

Missouri1455
11-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Hmm maybe the Jewish Diaspora isn't really "Jewish" but something Levantine/Levantine-like? Like some Samaritan ancestry?

Maybe, thats what im curious about

Tsakhur
11-09-2016, 12:50 AM
Maybe, thats what im curious about

I think you need to do other gedmatch calculators to know more.

Missouri1455
11-09-2016, 02:29 AM
I think you need to do other gedmatch calculators to know more.

Out of curiousty, if someone was to redo the test would the ethnicity percentages vary much or stay the same?

Tsakhur
11-09-2016, 02:39 AM
Out of curiousty, if someone was to redo the test would the ethnicity percentages vary much or stay the same?

This one I'm not sure. I think I will be the same.

Missouri1455
11-24-2016, 12:04 AM

Which i think turned up to be the case because in the oracle results it have been lumping me up with Samaritan and Iranian Jews, not sure if they are the same race or not. Im starting to wonder if i had an iranian jew or even just a persian ancestor at some point. Because even if you look at my signature you'll notice, my closest oracles include iranian jew twice, iranian shirazi once, and an iraqi jew once, not sure what type of ancestor these 4 combinations will give. If anyone is willing to help ill be glad to hear.

Carl45
11-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Hman92, what is your terminal Y SNP?

Missouri1455
11-25-2016, 04:44 AM
Hman92, what is your terminal Y SNP?

E-CTS2500 but im going to do a deeper study with big Y, because my tribe members had J-FGC1698 and the people who were related with me always end up with a haplogroup of J1 or R1A

So my terminal Y SNP is undecided yet.

Missouri1455
11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
the results i got was based on the past 10,000 years up to now; i wonder how it would look like if we only went back to 2000 years or so

Carl45
11-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Hman92, did you transfer your results to FTDNA? Are you positive for M96? If you are positive for the SNPs defining the E haplogroup, you won't be positive in the J of R haplogroups. Basically, first determine if you received any false positives before you throw money away on the Big Y.

Tsakhur
11-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Which i think turned up to be the case because in the oracle results it have been lumping me up with Samaritan and Iranian Jews, not sure if they are the same race or not. Im starting to wonder if i had an iranian jew or even just a persian ancestor at some point. Because even if you look at my signature you'll notice, my closest oracles include iranian jew twice, iranian shirazi once, and an iraqi jew once, not sure what type of ancestor these 4 combinations will give. If anyone is willing to help ill be glad to hear.

Iranian Jew are actually genetically different from typical Iranians and are more like Mesopotamian groups like Iraqi Jew, Mandaean, Assyrian. So you might not have any Persian ancestry at all as most Iranian Muslims are genetically distinct from Iranian Jew. However, Iranian_Shirazi might mean you have Persian ancestry somewhere in the family line. So what I can say is we can't be sure for now whether you have Iranian blood or not until there is further genealogical research in your family history.

Btw what is your closest population in population approximation? Is it Samaritan and Iranian Jew?

Missouri1455
11-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Hman92, did you transfer your results to FTDNA? Are you positive for M96? If you are positive for the SNPs defining the E haplogroup, you won't be positive in the J of R haplogroups. Basically, first determine if you received any false positives before you throw money away on the Big Y.

Ill have to recheck again; im thinking to redo another test through ancestrydna, do they provide any haplogroups?

Missouri1455
11-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Iranian Jew are actually genetically different from typical Iranians and are more like Mesopotamian groups like Iraqi Jew, Mandaean, Assyrian. So you might not have any Persian ancestry at all as most Iranian Muslims are genetically distinct from Iranian Jew. However, Iranian_Shirazi might mean you have Persian ancestry somewhere in the family line. So what I can say is we can't be sure for now whether you have Iranian blood or not until there is further genealogical research in your family history.

Btw what is your closest population in population approximation? Is it Samaritan and Iranian Jew?

Maybe, because in FTDNA, i noticed from ten matches that i had some relatives were from bahrain, kuwait, and northen saudi arabia; oddly enough i only had one cousin from my province and they go back as far as fifth generation not sure if this will have anything to do with having iranian blood; aside from that what is the best gedmatch results for Samaritan, iranian jews and iraqi jews? So i can recheck again

jesus
11-28-2016, 12:50 AM

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Arabia
44%

Jewish Diaspora
14%

Eastern Africa
2%

Northern Africa
11%

Asia Minor
10%

Southern Europe
5%

Arabia
17%

Jewish Diaspora
4%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
68%

Asia Minor
3%

Southern Europe
3%

Iranian:

Arabia
56%

Eastern Africa
4%

Northern Africa
2%

Central Asia
4%

Asia Minor
6%

Southern Europe
2%

Southern Asia
24%

Georgian:

Arabia
5%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
4%

Central Asia
6%

Asia Minor
77%

Southern Europe
7%

Northern Caucasian:

Arabia
9%

Jewish Diaspora
2%

Eastern Europe
19%

Eastern Asia
2%

Central Asia
8%

Asia Minor
59%

Pamiri Tajik:

Arabia
6%

Eastern Europe
5%

3%

Eastern Asia
9%

Scandinavia
2%

Central Asia
57%

Asia Minor
11%

Southeast Asia & Oceania
2%

Southern Asia
3%

Arabia
84%

Eastern Africa
3%

Northern Africa
4%

Asia Minor
7%

They probably based their Arabian component on the Kuwaiti sample. Kuwait is pretty diverse and has a lot of people with Iranian ancestry. Even Iraqi Arabs in Geno 2.0 get much less Arabian than Iranians, which is ridiculous.

Tsakhur
11-28-2016, 02:01 AM
They probably based their Arabian component on the Kuwaiti sample. Kuwait is pretty diverse and has a lot of people with Iranian ancestry. Even Iraqi Arabs in Geno 2.0 get much less Arabian than Iranians, which is ridiculous.

That make sense. So what population do you think should the Arabian component be based on? Yeah it's very ridiculous that most Afro-Asiatic Semites including Iraqi Arabs are getting much less Arabian than Iranians. Can you post some Iraqi Arabs Geno 2.0 results please?

Missouri1455
12-01-2016, 12:08 AM
That make sense. So what population do you think should the Arabian component be based on? Yeah it's very ridiculous that most Afro-Asiatic Semites including Iraqi Arabs are getting much less Arabian than Iranians. Can you post some Iraqi Arabs Geno 2.0 results please?

In all honesty the "Arabian" component should be based on; Tribal Saudis, Yemenite Jews, Yemenite highlanders, Yemenite Bedouins, and scattered Bedouins from Arabia.

These groups would most likely provide the closest components to what a true Arabian will be, because to this day in Arabia you have people who score 90-100% Southwest Asian.

The moment you start moving out of arabia it gets harder and harder to find the "pure" ones. Plus these groups i mentioned autosomal reports indicated that they are identical there is not much differences between them.

Ill post pictures of what arabian will look like

The old man on the left hold phonetic, that shows you what a pure Arabid person would look like.

Pure arabians hold olive/tanned skins, whenever an arabian is too light skinned or too dark skinned then you know that there's a mix coming from outside the region; usually the "pure" ones hold facial features and skintones similar to the men in these pics.