PDA

View Full Version : Where did CTS originate from

Missouri1455
11-16-2016, 04:08 PM
In my excel spreadsheet i have been getting too many CTS SNPs; CTS ranges CTS1000-CTS12000; and to a lower extent CTS below 1000 and CTS above 12000.

razyn
11-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Chris Tyler-Smith is director of the lab that identified those.

Missouri1455
11-17-2016, 04:50 AM
Chris Tyler-Smith is director of the lab that identified those.

In terms of SNP what geographical region does the CTS originate from and is it a common snp to have?

Megalophias
11-17-2016, 08:01 AM
A name like CTS1000 means it is the 1000th mutation discovered by Chris Tyler-Smith's laboratory. Similarly M2 is the 2nd mutation discovered by Peter Underhill's lab at Stanford, Y7111 is the 7111th SNP found by Y-Full, and so on.

The name of the SNP doesn't mean anything about where it comes from or whether it is common at all, it is only an identifying number. Usually every lab is studying many different haplogroups, so an identifier like CTS doesn't tell you anything about the haplogroup the mutation was found in.

Missouri1455
11-17-2016, 01:47 PM
A name like CTS1000 means it is the 1000th mutation discovered by Chris Tyler-Smith's laboratory. Similarly M2 is the 2nd mutation discovered by Peter Underhill's lab at Stanford, Y7111 is the 7111th SNP found by Y-Full, and so on.

The name of the SNP doesn't mean anything about where it comes from or whether it is common at all, it is only an identifying number. Usually every lab is studying many different haplogroups, so an identifier like CTS doesn't tell you anything about the haplogroup the mutation was found in.

So how can one know what his SNPs are signaling and what haplogroups they're for.

Carl45
11-17-2016, 02:47 PM
You can google a particular SNP to find which haplogroup it relates to.

Carl45
11-17-2016, 02:49 PM
What is your haplogroup? Some may be relevant to you, others may not. Take a look at this: http://isogg.org/tree/

Megalophias
11-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Besides the ISOGG tree, which is good, you can also search on the Y-Full tree (https://www.yfull.com/tree/). Go to the upper right hand corner and click on 'Search', the enter the name of the SNP.

You are under E1b1b1b2b-V1515/CTS2500, right? So you want to look under that part of the tree.

Missouri1455
11-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Besides the ISOGG tree, which is good, you can also search on the Y-Full tree (https://www.yfull.com/tree/). Go to the upper right hand corner and click on 'Search', the enter the name of the SNP.

You are under E1b1b1b2b-V1515/CTS2500, right? So you want to look under that part of the tree.

The problem with my y-dna is my tribe members either belong to J-FGC1965 OR R1A; and E1B1B1B2B seems way off for me thats why im trying to study my snp deeply

Smilelover
11-21-2016, 09:08 PM
The problem with my y-dna is my tribe members either belong to J-FGC1965 OR R1A; and E1B1B1B2B seems way off for me thats why im trying to study my snp deeply

Hello my friend .. i see you are facing the same shocking perception i experienced it before when i received my result and you are walking in the same road i preceded you in it before .. as i ordered Big Y and other extra tests to understand more.

i can conclude that your tribe is Kindah as you from Hadhrmout .. the prime place of Kindah Kingdom before
Kindah tribes came in different haplogroups being J1,j2,R1a, E1b1a,E1b1b, G and T

my conclusion is Kindah tribe represent indeed Kindah Kingdom .. composed of allies rather than common ancestory
more over you can find 2 different haplogroups for single surname rather than a whole tribe

this is not applied for kindah only .. many big tribes being the same Quraish, Tamim ,Hemayar , .. etc

i also reach to the conclusion that Autosomal test is the most beneficial for ethnicity for example i saw in this forum a pure European who his Y haplogroup is not europian at all .. and he was very surprised

your Y dna is helpful for your fathers migrations and common ancestors search

one note in your understanding of SNPs you may find SNPs belongs to different Haplogroups in your result for example my self i have J2 SNP but i dont have nor ancestral SNP to it neither down to it .. its a single mutation at that locus occurs accidently

finally i would advise you if you still not joined , join all familtreedna projects related to your result especially arab projects as this will show you the big picture of your result
join Y search .. it will help you to find all matches from different companies

best wishes :welcome:

Missouri1455
11-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Hello my friend .. i see you are facing the same shocking perception i experienced it before when i received my result and you are walking in the same road i preceded you in it before .. as i ordered Big Y and other extra tests to understand more.

i can conclude that your tribe is Kindah as you from Hadhrmout .. the prime place of Kindah Kingdom before
Kindah tribes came in different haplogroups being J1,j2,R1a, E1b1a,E1b1b, G and T

my conclusion is Kindah tribe represent indeed Kindah Kingdom .. composed of allies rather than common ancestory
more over you can find 2 different haplogroups for single surname rather than a whole tribe

this is not applied for kindah only .. many big tribes being the same Quraish, Tamim ,Hemayar , .. etc

i also reach to the conclusion that Autosomal test is the most beneficial for ethnicity for example i saw in this forum a pure European who his Y haplogroup is not europian at all .. and he was very surprised

your Y dna is helpful for your fathers migrations and common ancestors search

one note in your understanding of SNPs you may find SNPs belongs to different Haplogroups in your result for example my self i have J2 SNP but i dont have nor ancestral SNP to it neither down to it .. its a single mutation at that locus occurs accidently

finally i would advise you if you still not joined , join all familtreedna projects related to your result especially arab projects as this will show you the big picture of your result
join Y search .. it will help you to find all matches from different companies

best wishes :welcome:

Thank you man; thats very helpful; there have been oral traditions that we migrated from hijaz to hadramout long time ago; but after finding the results, im forming a conclusion as you said that we are a tribe from kindah rather than hejaz; because prominent people from my tribe did the results and got haplogroup J-FGC1698 repeatedly which is signaling towards towards Kindah rather than Hijaz.

From the Family tree DNA, the relatives i found actulley belong to tribes from hadramout, modern day saudi arabia and kuwait as expected, and almost all of them belong to J haplogroup; only two belonged to G and R but im going to pursue to look for more; what are the prices like for Big Y?

Agamemnon
11-22-2016, 08:35 PM
The numerous founder effects under J1-FGC11 are in all likeliness blurring the uniparental picture in areas where J1 has very high frequencies, the southern parts of Arabia are a typical example of this. In other words, if you're not J1 that certainly doesn't mean your tribal affiliation is wrong or out of place as your lineage might well've been more common by the past.

Power77
11-22-2016, 09:07 PM
In other words, if you're not J1 that certainly doesn't mean your tribal affiliation is wrong or out of place as your lineage might well've been more common by the past.

Once again Aga', you're right:thumb:!
For instance, J2a may have been more common in Arabia 2,000 years ago as we were able to "see" with one the ancient samples from Roman York (i.,e, 3DRIF-26).

Agamemnon
11-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Once again Aga', you're right:thumb:!
For instance, J2a may have been more common in Arabia 2,000 years ago as we were able to "see" with one the ancient samples from Roman York (i.,e, 3DRIF-26).

Don't forget I1730 from Bronze Age Jordan, who was J2b1-M205 just like 3DRIF-26, so it's pretty obvious this lineage was far more common by the past and expanded (in all likeliness) alongside J1-Z2324 in the region.

Power77
11-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't forget I1730 from Bronze Age Jordan, who was J2b1-M205 just like 3DRIF-26, so it's pretty obvious this lineage was far more common by the past and expanded (in all likeliness) alongside J1-Z2324 in the region.

Sometime I wonder if Jews are (ironically) more representative of the ancient Arabians than (most) modern Arabs are:lol:!
Is this thought of mine "far fetched":\?
What do you think:)?

Agamemnon
11-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Sometime I wonder if Jews are (ironically) more representative of the ancient Arabians than (most) modern Arabs are:lol:!
Is this thought of mine "far fetched":\?
What do you think:)?

Depends on what you mean by representative, really. Western Jews, I'd wager, obviously are a mixed population of Levantine and Aegean origin, so I would not expect them to be representative of the region's ancient populations from an autosomal standpoint... An exception might be made, ironically, for the Philistines since they seem to have been the product of a similar mixture between Levantine and Aegean populations (Sea peoples).
If we're talking about Y-DNA lineages, I'd surmise Western Jews might well be more representative of the region's ancient population than the local Muslim Arabs, yet again I'd expect the local christian minorities to be somewhat more representative.