PDA

View Full Version : MyHeritage DNA Results

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BalkanKiwi
11-16-2016, 09:30 PM
For those who want a new DNA test, MyHeritage now offers autosomal DNA testing.

https://www.myheritage.com/dna?utm_source=partner_geni&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=home_banner

Darko
11-16-2016, 09:55 PM
I ordered this test last friday I hope it will be worth it

Oleg (Rus)
11-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Any examples of ethnic results?

BalkanKiwi
11-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Any examples of ethnic results?

I've had a look and haven't managed to find any examples or information on population clusters.

Oleg (Rus)
11-16-2016, 10:18 PM
I think Family Finder file is enough for them (at least for now):)

jortita
11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Will wait till some of you get your results, before ordering one to understand their clusters. I have sent my Living DNA sample back to them which still hasto be received. I am hoping I will be able to order 23andMe from Bangkok soon

vettor
11-17-2016, 04:53 AM
Can testing DNA via myheritage tests give one the ability to move the results to ftdna ,since they are in some sort of "team arrangement" ?

1/2finn
11-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Myheritage DNA is a joke. I transfered my FTDNA dna to them (for free) and had hundreds of matches. Recently they announced they were now out of beta testing and my hundreds of matches dropped to 14. Myheritage will not respond to mine and other people's questions regarding this. This was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had one new match - my number remains at 14. Stick with the big 3 companies. I am not out any money so it is not a big deal to me, but I certainly wouldn't pay for their dna tests.

Oleg (Rus)
11-17-2016, 09:23 AM
As the popularity of DNA tests is growing, every company tries to implement it. I won't be surprised if I see the same tests from Facebook, Google, Microsoft, McDonald's etc :)

shazou
11-17-2016, 09:48 AM
The breakdown kind of reminds me of 23andme's:

Ethnicity Reports

In addition to DNA Matching, the DNA results include a fascinating breakdown of your ancestral ethnicity. You will be able to see the percentage of your DNA that comes from different populations around the world. This breakdown, displayed in a list and on a world map, may confirm long-held beliefs about your family origins, or perhaps reveal that you have roots in some unexpected places.

http://19378-presscdn-0-42.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Main-Ethnicity-Estimate.jpg

The initial ethnicity reports include 25 ethnicities, but this number will grow significantly thanks to the fascinating project described below.

MyHeritage’s Founder Populations Project

Founder Populations are modern groups that descend from a few individuals who left one area to settle another for political, religious, or social reasons. Founder populations amplify certain gene variants while maintaining significant stretches of uniformity in other DNA sequences. We have reached out to thousands of MyHeritage users from all around the world who are members of Founder Populations — their family trees exemplify consistent heritage from the same region or ethnicity for many generations. We are very happy that 5000 of those users have confirmed their participation in the project. In the past few months, we have been sending DNA kits to project participants far and wide, from Uzbekistan to Fiji, from Greenland to South Africa, and every corner of the globe. The results of these tests will yield a rich DNA data set of more than 100 ethnicities. The largest study of this kind ever conducted, the Founder Population project will enable us to show you your ancestral roots with far greater resolution than any other DNA service.

Standard ethnicity reports are currently available as part of your MyHeritage DNA test results, with the expert reports to be released at no additional cost following the completion of this project.

http://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/introducing-myheritage-dna/

Oleg (Rus)
11-17-2016, 09:53 AM
It looks interesting... If I just import my FTDNA file, won't I see the same ancestral breakdown? Will they give me a free subscription if I buy their analysis?

Ann Turner
11-17-2016, 04:49 PM
It looks interesting... If I just import my FTDNA file, won't I see the same ancestral breakdown? Will they give me a free subscription if I buy their analysis?
According to this FAQ, you will not receive ancestral breakdowns if you upload data from another company (although that may change).

http://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/myheritage-dna-your-questions-answered/

Ann Turner
11-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Can testing DNA via myheritage tests give one the ability to move the results to ftdna ,since they are in some sort of "team arrangement" ?
Yes.

Oleg (Rus)
11-17-2016, 06:22 PM
I have Family Finder done and it's technically the same as their test (they said they are using FTDNA lab and the same chip), so I hope I'll be able to pay a bit to earn my ethnicity estimate. Interested in their Ashkenazi calculations.

wombatofthenorth
11-18-2016, 01:20 AM
Yes.

Surprisingly open and frank about everything.

vettor
11-18-2016, 04:08 AM
I wonder if one who has tested Nat geno .........sent data to ftdna and received a kit #.......then, can they upload to myHeritage?

it seems myheritage does not take NAt Geno ..or

dsherry
11-18-2016, 05:28 AM
A joke may be harsh but it is still a work in progress. I also uploaded to the website and was contacted today by a Dutch woman who was listed as a 16cM match by MyHeritage. Both of us were on GedMatch and neither of us showed the match there. It may be interesting to see where they are 6-12 months from now given the size of their customer base. I am not sure why anyone would want to test there in the near term. Another major issue for me is their lack of a pedigree view. If there are more than a few children per generation, their sole use of a family tree view makes it a nightmare to see common surnames/places of origin.

jortita
11-18-2016, 10:05 AM
As the price is reasonable, I have ordered the test kit and hope to receive it in a week or so

rdegnen
11-19-2016, 07:00 PM
I ordered my kit on November 7 and it has been in "order placed" status since. No shipping info. Has anyone received their kit?

wombatofthenorth
11-20-2016, 07:39 AM
I wonder if one who has tested Nat geno .........sent data to ftdna and received a kit #.......then, can they upload to myHeritage?

it seems myheritage does not take NAt Geno ..or

Yes, if you did Geno 2.0 NG and did a full transfer to FTDNA it puts it in the same format as FTDNA tests and the upload works at MyHeritage or anywhere else that takes FTDNA format data.

1/2finn
11-20-2016, 08:11 AM
I hope you get more than 14 matches. I have been at that number now for 2 - 3 weeks.

BalkanKiwi
11-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Perhaps they limit matches because they don't gain any profit from the uploading of other companies kits? Therefore you only get more matches once you purchase a MyHeritage kit.

vettor
11-20-2016, 08:29 AM
all my myheritage matches now only match most of my top ten Gedmatch matches

so , I only have 4 in myHertiage

1/2finn
11-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Perhaps they limit matches because they don't gain any profit from the uploading of other companies kits? Therefore you only get more matches once you purchase a MyHeritage kit.

Then they are changing the terms of their offer to transfer DNA from other companies.

Some people have reported having as few as 3 matches now. I had hundreds of matches during their beta stage, but they dropped to 14 (and have stayed there) once out of beta. What was going on during the beta stage that hundreds of matches were incorrect and what is going on now that I only match 14 people?

wombatofthenorth
11-20-2016, 11:49 PM

I think it's more likely that they:
1. don't have all that many uploads yet so the database is fairly small (look at DNA.LAND, what does my dad have? two matches? and they have a tiny database)
2. at first they gave people hundreds of matches and all sorts of 2nd cousins from people with heritage mostly not within 1000 or even 3000 miles of most of your heritage so they refined it and made it more selective, but they may have gone a trace overboard in the other way now as I see my dad is missing a match to the daughter of someone (on FTDNA, which itself it pretty likely to discount matches, and GEDMATCH he matches both of them with ease)

anyway my dad currently has like 5 matches and my mom 0

rdegnen
11-23-2016, 06:41 PM
My kit moved into "shipped" status yesterday.

rdegnen
11-26-2016, 06:20 PM
My kit was received today, it will be returned to MyHeritage on Monday.

wombatofthenorth
11-30-2016, 06:19 AM
I returned my kit a few weeks ago. I'll report when I get some result.

jortita
11-30-2016, 06:36 AM
I am waiting for my kit to be shipped

rdegnen
12-08-2016, 06:40 PM
The sample was updated to "received" at the lab. Estimated time for online results December 29 to January 12.

wombatofthenorth
12-09-2016, 05:28 AM
Says mine should be done within a few days. It's to the raw data produced stage.

wombatofthenorth
12-14-2016, 11:15 PM
It seems like perhaps it's done, but it shows nothing. Clicking on results does nothing. Maybe they are building the website still and it's not quite ready for presentation of results.

Oleg (Rus)
12-14-2016, 11:40 PM
It seems like perhaps it's done, but it shows nothing. Clicking on results does nothing. Maybe they are building the website still and it's not quite ready for presentation of results.

I'm looking forward to see your results! You're going to be the first from this forum.

jortita
12-15-2016, 12:49 AM
My kit is still to be shipped, i sent them an email and their response was that they are experiencing delays because of the high demand for the kits. Cant wait to see the first set of results to get an idea of their methodology

wombatofthenorth
12-17-2016, 03:50 AM
I'm looking forward to see your results! You're going to be the first from this forum.

Still nothing apparent on the main page. When I check for my relatives it seems to say my MyHeritage raw file is invalid.

Not quite sure what's happened, but since I paid $0 I can't complain.

I see where it says I have two tests ordered (same date), when there should be one, maybe they did something wrong creating the initial raw data and re-batched them (and thus the kit listed twice now)?

wombatofthenorth
12-19-2016, 01:02 AM
It gives me matches now. No ancestry as of yet.

jortita
12-24-2016, 12:19 AM
I have just been informed that they have shipped my kit

wombatofthenorth
12-27-2016, 04:04 AM
I think the ancestry part might still be a few days to weeks off.

Oleg (Rus)
12-27-2016, 04:55 AM
I think the ancestry part might still be a few days to weeks off.

Maybe they are currently developing it, but it's strange that they started offering their kits without ready ancestry part.

shazou
01-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Mine was just shipped to me a few days ago! :)

Says it will take up to 14 business days

wombatofthenorth
01-03-2017, 03:33 AM
Maybe they are currently developing it, but it's strange that they started offering their kits without ready ancestry part.

maybe it will be ready by the time the paid kits start processing

jortita
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Any results so far, I am still waiting for my kit to arrive it was shipped on 24 Dec

rdegnen
01-09-2017, 08:28 PM
My DNA test results were posted to the MyHeritage website. It included the Ethnicity results as well as dna relatives. What is interesting is that the DNA raw data, that I had previously uploaded from other companies, seems to have disappeared. The ethnicity results were very accurate. Europe, North and West Europe 95.6%, East Europe 2.5%. Africa, East Africa 1%, Ethiopian Jewish 1%. Middle East .9%, Middle Eastern .9%

Kylo_Ren
01-09-2017, 08:36 PM
My DNA test results were posted to the MyHeritage website. It included the Ethnicity results as well as dna relatives. What is interesting is that the DNA raw data, that I had previously uploaded from other companies, seems to have disappeared. The ethnicity results were very accurate

Is it possible if we could see a screenshot or breakdown of these results?

Oleg (Rus)
01-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Thank you for your results. This "Ethiopian Jewish" looks nice, but I'm not sure if it's correct to separate Ethiopian Jews from other Africans. I think I will order this test.

vettor
01-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Can someone confirm if MyHeritage DNA tests are done by ftdna?

Basically they replaced Natgeno ( using different testing areas ) who are now being done by Helix ..................well, that is what I was told.

Oleg (Rus)
01-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Can someone confirm if MyHeritage DNA tests are done by ftdna?

Basically they replaced Natgeno ( using different testing areas ) who are now being done by Helix ..................well, that is what I was told.

The link from the 2nd page of this topic:
https://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/myheritage-dna-your-questions-answered/

shazou
01-10-2017, 12:47 AM
My DNA test results were posted to the MyHeritage website. It included the Ethnicity results as well as dna relatives. What is interesting is that the DNA raw data, that I had previously uploaded from other companies, seems to have disappeared. The ethnicity results were very accurate. Europe, North and West Europe 95.6%, East Europe 2.5%. Africa, East Africa 1%, Ethiopian Jewish 1%. Middle East .9%, Middle Eastern .9%
Does it do chromosome-painting, like what 23andme does?

rdegnen
01-10-2017, 05:51 AM
I saw no chromosome painting option.

jortita
01-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Just shipped my kit back, hopefully will get results in 4-6 weeks, around the same time as my living DNA results. The one I am keen on testing with is 23andme, but it is not available where I am based

jpb
01-11-2017, 04:43 AM
@rdegnen Could you post a screenshot? :)

rdegnen
01-11-2017, 06:53 AM
So far my results are labeled "beta". My results have changed to "North and West Europe" "British Isles" 98.6% and "Middle East" 1.4%. Still pretty good.

Amerijoe
01-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Results fall in line with the major testing companies. Very close to FTDNA.

Europe
100.0%
North and West Europe
96.5%
British Isles
96.5%
East Europe
2.4%
East European
2.4%
Ashkenazi Jewish
1.1%
Ashkenazi Jewish
1.1%
Total
100%

Oleg (Rus)
01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Results fall in line with the major testing companies. Very close to FTDNA.

Europe
100.0%
North and West Europe
96.5%
British Isles
96.5%
East Europe
2.4%
East European
2.4%
Ashkenazi Jewish
1.1%
Ashkenazi Jewish
1.1%
Total
100%

It looks interesting. Are you really partly Ashkenazi, if not private? Do you score AJ in 23andme?

Amerijoe
01-13-2017, 01:27 PM
It looks interesting. Are you really partly Ashkenazi, if not private? Do you score AJ in 23andme?

No Ashkenazi at 23. 1% European Jew @ Ancestrydna.

Amerijoe
01-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Here is a screen shot with all possible regions.

cvolt
01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the screenshot ^ I might look into testing with them!

Oleg (Rus)
01-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Here is a screen shot with all possible regions.

Could you also show the names of African and Asian categories, please?

Amerijoe
01-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Could you also show the names of African and Asian categories, please?

Oleg, here are the African and Asian population groups, also Middle East.

wombatofthenorth
01-15-2017, 12:29 AM

What? Where on the website do you get to the ancestry results? All I can find is matching and my matching has been done for weeks. I've looked everywhere and just can't find anything to bring me to ancestry reports. All I have is "DNA Matches" and "Manage DNA Kits" and the latter has only one option "Reassign".

Amerijoe
01-15-2017, 12:58 AM
What? Where on the website do you get to the ancestry results? All I can find is matching and my matching has been done for weeks. I've looked everywhere and just can't find anything to bring me to ancestry reports. All I have is "DNA Matches" and "Manage DNA Kits" and the latter has only one option "Reassign".

Wom., if you submitted a sample for testing, info is under heading DNA at their site. Should pop right up if completed.

jortita
01-15-2017, 04:49 AM
Can myheritage autosomal file be downloaded and then uploaded onto Gedmatch? Thank you

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 05:12 AM
Can myheritage autosomal file be downloaded and then uploaded onto Gedmatch? Thank you

They said that their files are fully compatible with FF files, so I think they implied that you'll be able to download your file. But it doesn't make sense, if you have already uploaded your FF data onto Gedmatch.

jortita
01-15-2017, 06:38 AM
They said that their files are fully compatible with FF files, so I think they implied that you'll be able to download your file. But it doesn't make sense, if you have already uploaded your FF data onto Gedmatch.

Hi Oleg, thanks. Their ancestry estimates are not the same as China. Anyways I have not tested with ftdna but geno2.0 next gen which was then transferred to ftdna.

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Hi Oleg, thanks. Their ancestry estimates are not the same as China. Anyways I have not tested with ftdna but geno2.0 next gen which was then transferred to ftdna.

What do you mean under the word "China"? The same as what?

jortita
01-15-2017, 07:54 AM
What do you mean under the word "China"? The same as what?

Hi Oleg, that was an autocorrect, I meant FTDNA. I am curious to see how peoples results compare with their 23 andme results. I am excited by the breakdown of east asian ancestry as for both ancestry dna and ftdna, I have got very broad breakdowns. Whereas myheritage has similar references to 23andme, plus nepali for east asian by which they probably mean tamang, subba kit sherpa like as lot of Nepalis are not of significant east asian ancestry

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 08:06 AM
I was also surprised with "Nepali" because it is a white Indo-Aryan tribe.

jortita
01-15-2017, 09:06 AM
I was also surprised with "Nepali" because it is a white Indo-Aryan tribe.

As I mentioned they probably mean more tibetan oriented nepali populations such as Subba, Tamang and Sherpa as opposed to the Indo-Aryan Nepali. I am not sure what you mean by white as there is no ancestry called white

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 10:04 AM
As I mentioned they probably mean more tibetan oriented nepali populations such as Subba, Tamang and Sherpa as opposed to the Indo-Aryan Nepali. I am not sure what you mean by white as there is no ancestry called white

I meant that they mainly belong to Caucasian race, only with trace amounts of Mongoloid admixture.

jortita
01-15-2017, 11:26 AM
I meant that they mainly belong to Caucasian race, only with trace amounts of Mongoloid admixture.

Hi Oleg, I think you mean caucasoid ancestry, there is nothing called a Caucasian race, caucasian ancestry signifies links to people of the caucasus as opposed to the scientifically incorrect understanding that caucasian is white people

shazou
01-15-2017, 11:40 AM
I read that they plan on increasing their reference population set to 100+ in the coming few months through their 'Founder Population Project!

I'm interested in seeing what they will do to East and Southeast Asia. Can't wait! :)

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Hi Oleg, I think you mean caucasoid ancestry, there is nothing called a Caucasian race, caucasian ancestry signifies links to people of the caucasus as opposed to the scientifically incorrect understanding that caucasian is white people

Of course, Caucasoid. I've just heard that in English language they usually call this race "Caucasian". In Russian we call it "Europeoid", although it's placed in a half of Asia and Northern Africa.

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 11:44 AM
I read that they plan on increasing their reference population set to 100+ in the coming few months through their 'Founder Population Project!

I'm interested in seeing what they will do to East and Southeast Asia. Can't wait! :)

Yes, they seem to be much more active in updates than the older companies. Hope it will be true...

jortita
01-15-2017, 01:21 PM
The division of the world into these races is quite unscientific and it is more scientific to describe them is ancestry. Nepal is a very diverse country and even the populations that are less east asian have considerable east eurasian and/or south eurasian from their ASI.

Oleg (Rus)
01-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Yes, sometimes traditional "races" make too simplified picture, but most people don't understand the meaning of different "ANE", "ASI", "WHG" etc. They want to know, what do ASI and ANE representatives look like and who are they related to, and traditional "races" can explain it, maybe with some specifications.

wombatofthenorth
01-16-2017, 05:59 AM
Wom., if you submitted a sample for testing, info is under heading DNA at their site. Should pop right up if completed.

Hmm not for me.
I got the kit for free as a founder population so it's been done for a long time.
Not sure why the ancestry part is missing.
Maybe they decided to not give ancestry to founder population people??

wombatofthenorth
01-20-2017, 04:39 AM
still no ancestry for me nor any response using their web-based customer service, guess I will try calling

shazou
01-28-2017, 06:36 AM
Just shipped my kit back, hopefully will get results in 4-6 weeks, around the same time as my living DNA results. The one I am keen on testing with is 23andme, but it is not available where I am based
How long did it take for them to ship the kit to you in Thailand?

They stated it would take 14 business days to ship, but I think mine is late.

jortita
01-28-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi shazou, I think nearly four weeks, I shipped it back to them on Jan 12, they have not received it as yet

Kylo_Ren
01-30-2017, 01:56 AM
My results finally arrived! It is still in the beta phase however. I think the results are somewhat accurate. It overestimates the British and Irish for me and underestimates the Italian. My known ancestry is 25% Central Italian, 25% Sicilian, abt. 30% German, the remaining 20% a mixture of English, Welsh, Irish/Northern Irish, and Dutch.

North and West Europe
British and Irish 50.2%

Southern Europe
Italian 34.3%

Asia
West Asian 10.5%

Middle East
Middle Eastern 5%

It will be interesting to see what scores are for people of full English, Irish, French, or German descent.

Pegasusphm1
02-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Not impressed by Myheritage. Transferred a couple of kits and gedcom file, they never did get the kits processed in a timely fashion compared to competitors. No response from submitting a ticket, impossible to get through on the phone. So I purged my data and closed account.

Not impressed. Customers are profit, staff is overhead.

jortita
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
My sample has been received today having been shipped on 11 Jan using regular postal parcel service. My results expected 25 Feb- 11 March. Livingdna results expected on Feb 27. Lot to look forward to towards the end of the month as there have been no calculators in the past two months or since davidskis basal 7 and vadims diy mdlp k11 and k16

1/2finn
02-04-2017, 05:04 PM
And on their facebook account they only respond to positive comments.

wombatofthenorth
02-07-2017, 07:51 AM
From what I can tell, for some odd reason, none of the people they are using as foundation members have been given their ancestry results yet, only non-foundation people.
I've talked to two others who got kits to be populations foundation entries and neither of them has ancestry results either while a number of others who got kits later and got matching far later than us all have ancestry results already.

wombatofthenorth
02-07-2017, 07:53 AM
It is extremely confusing to talk to customer service since they seem to not really understand any question you are asking and it can take 3-4 tries to even get to the point and even then the answers are half out there and nothing at all to do with the actual question.
It almost seems like they don't really understand English?

Oleg (Rus)
02-07-2017, 10:00 AM
It is extremely confusing to talk to customer service since they seem to not really understand any question you are asking and it can take 3-4 tries to even get to the point and even then the answers are half out there and nothing at all to do with the actual question.
It almost seems like they don't really understand English?

I've noticed it too. I have a feeling that even my own school level of English is higher then their one.

Francisco
02-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Itīs a company from Israel. They really have a lot of people with english as second language. Their tests seem like a FTDNA "me too", cheaper and weaker. Their big promise to test with them when you has already a test done with other company is "to profit our (almost inexistent) database".
What a joke! They have one of the tiniest pool of customers, with no database compared to the big guys in the field. Their only hook is the price, but the quality of their test? They didnīt show anywhere the real numbers. Anyone have them? wich is the technology behind their tests? Cause pay 79u$s for a crap test and a tiny database to compare is to lose 79 bucks

jortita
02-15-2017, 09:13 AM
My results are expected between 27 Feb - 11 March

rdegnen
02-23-2017, 07:05 PM
I saw a post today that at the "Roots Tech" conference MyHeritage announced that they decided to give an "Ethnicity" analysis to everyone that uploaded their dna from other companies. Up until now the Ethnicity feature has been limited to only those who took the MyHeritage dna test. If true this is good news.

MissCaligo
02-25-2017, 11:51 AM
From what I can tell, for some odd reason, none of the people they are using as foundation members have been given their ancestry results yet, only non-foundation people.
I've talked to two others who got kits to be populations foundation entries and neither of them has ancestry results either while a number of others who got kits later and got matching far later than us all have ancestry results already.

I was so excited to participate in this Founder Population project with Myheritage, hey it was also free.
Still haven't revealed my ethnicity but I do get DNA matches. This is so frustrated, i was more interested in ethnicity than the matches.
Wrote them an email asking when this would be available, but after two weeks still no answer.

jortita
03-06-2017, 06:20 AM
MyHeritage DNA ethnicity results 14386

South Asia 82.3%

East Asia 14.3%
Thai and Cambodian 8.4%
Mongolian 5.9%

Oceania 2.2%
Melanesia 2.2%

Europe 1.2%
South Europe 1.2%

Gedmatch results are very similar to Ancestry DNA results

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
03-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I ordered my kit yesterday, i thought since they have Kenyan sample populations why not try it out.

firemonkey
03-10-2017, 07:46 AM
My results are just in.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labile/genealogy/My%20heritage%20DNA.png

firemonkey
03-10-2017, 08:13 AM
That's dna land,dna tribes and now My heritage that gives me small amounts of Native American or similar(Amazonian,Surui) .

I have no idea where it came from as I have no known Colonial American ancestry. 0.8 would point to roughly a 5gt . They say dna never lies,perhaps not,but the interpretation of it can be questionable.

Erikson
03-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Any idea if and when My Heritage is releasing a chromosome browser? I have a decent match with someone but he refuses to upload to Gedmatch.

Riley
03-29-2017, 02:16 AM
Any idea if and when My Heritage is releasing a chromosome browser? I have a decent match with someone but he refuses to upload to Gedmatch.

From their blog entry in Nov. 2016 (https://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/myheritage-dna-your-questions-answered/), about halfway down the page:

Q. Will MyHeritage have a chromosome browser?

A. Yes. It’s planned in about 3 more months. Some companies consider a chromosome browser to be too technical and refuse to provide it to their users as a principle. We, however, believe that whatever users consider to be a very important feature, we should strive to provide, and the fact that this tool may be more beneficial to very savvy users and not millions of mainstream customers is not seen by us a reason to not provide it.

Not sure if that's actually happened yet, since I've only just started reading into it.

shazou
04-10-2017, 10:58 PM
My results came in today! :)

http://i.imgur.com/sPFKGon.jpg

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-10-2017, 11:06 PM
My results came in today! :)

http://i.imgur.com/sPFKGon.jpg

Interesting results, the North and West European could be from a Basque ancestor. You scored more Chinese than South East Asian is that accurate do you think?

shazou
04-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Interesting results, the North and West European could be from a Basque ancestor. You scored more Chinese than South East Asian is that accurate do you think?
Well Filipinos are majority Austronesian component, which is found almost at its purity in the Igorots of the Northern Philippines. And according to the PCA below Igorots are very near to the East Asian Dai cluster. I even score the 'Daic' component in large amounts on other tests such as DNA.Land and WeGene etc. Filipinos also have a substantial amount of that Dai admixture according to the second admixture chart below, so perhaps we can be categorized as Chinese in a way..just as a less-evolved type I would imagine. The 27% 'Thai and Cambodian' could be due to admixtures more closely related to 'Austro-Asiatic' which peaks in the Cambodian hill tribals. ....The results are still in beta stage though and they do plan on increasing their reference set to 100+ soon, so there will be room for improvement. ...In general though I think 'Austronesian' should be categorized as SE-Asian, but these results are still pretty cool, definitely worth the $79 bucks!

http://i.imgur.com/8Uv8uFM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rbCdTci.jpg

Calas
04-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Only did myself & mum. Transferred dad for free, to see if there was any point in spending the money, but the handful of relatives on the site are already known elsewhere and the others are too removed anyways. So no, no point for him.

Mum
N&W Europe 92% > British & Irish 87% > Finnish 5%
E. Europe 3.5% > wow > E. European 3.5%
S. Europe 2.7% > Iberian
Ashkenazi 1.8% > only test to ever say that.

Self
N&W Europe 83% > British & Irish 75% > Finnish 7%
E. Europe 5.9% > E. European 4.3% > Balkan 1.6%
S. Europe 4.6% > Iberian 3.4% > Italian 1.2%
S. Asian 6.5%

Not bad.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-18-2017, 09:30 PM
My results are in

Darko
04-18-2017, 09:46 PM
My results are in

congratulations, how long took Your result to be available.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
04-18-2017, 09:52 PM
congratulations, how long took Your result to be available.

it took 4 weeks for me to get my results.

evon
04-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Transferred my 23andme V3 file on the 19th, still waiting for it to be processed, surprised by the slow pace..

evon
04-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can see the admixture calculation? As so far I can only see my DNA relatives.. Surprisingly my top match is a Dutch guy, will have to explore it to figure out how we are related..

vettor
04-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can see the admixture calculation? As so far I can only see my DNA relatives.. Surprisingly my top match is a Dutch guy, will have to explore it to figure out how we are related..

As far as I can tell they have done no admixture calc. for transfers , even though they have promised...............last explanation on this from myheritage appeared in a Dna-explained article recently.

I have 4 Dna relatives only of which 2 are 100% correct

kingjohn
04-25-2017, 05:46 PM
bummer :\
they have sefhardi refrencei hope in the futuer they will except transfers of raw data from other companies
regards
Adam

evon
04-25-2017, 07:29 PM
My top match:
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/vulcanphoto/Screenshot%20from%202017-04-25%2021-24-06.png

Although I dont much care for their matching methodology, as I have Norwegian matches with a much larger single segment that are probably closer to me than this guy..

Angoliga
05-10-2017, 04:26 AM
For those interested, there's a current $69 Mother's Day Sale until May 15:

Mother's Day is a time to honor our moms, and the life, the love and the genes they gave us.

In celebration of Mother's Day (May 14), MyHeritage is happy to announce a huge DNA sale, starting now through May 15.
For a limited time, you can get the MyHeritage DNA test at the specially discounted price of US $69.

Thanks to the fast-growing international database of people who have already been tested, MyHeritage DNA is connecting more and more relatives to each other. Watch the emotional reunion of sisters Jennisara and Morgan, and read about Robin reuniting with her biological daughter Becky, both reunions made possible through MyHeritage DNA.

The MyHeritage DNA test finds DNA Matches – people who are related to you, whom you may not have known before. It also provides ethnicity estimates that have among the highest resolution on the market, thanks to the unique Founder Population study conducted by MyHeritage.
MyHeritage DNA is the perfect gift for yourself and the people you love, now at the lowest price ever offered. There’s more! As part of this exciting offer, MyHeritage is reducing the shipping cost by 50% when you buy 2 kits, and offering FREE shipping for a purchase of 3 kits or more. By testing more relatives, you can learn more about yourself and determine whether your DNA matches are maternal or paternal.

All it takes is a few minutes and a gentle swab of the cheek to obtain the DNA sample that you mail back to the MyHeritage DNA lab. Within 4-5 weeks, DNA analysis will be complete, and you’ll be able to view the results online at MyHeritage.
DNA testing is the perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day.
Order now, for only US $69!

Best regards,

The MyHeritage Team

Will the big 3 follow suit? I could use some more FTDNA kits

Mixed
05-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I ordered a kit. Most people seem pleased with their estimates.

Ron from PA
05-15-2017, 02:10 AM
Got my results British is overestimated by quite a bit. Received 0 NW Euro should be at least 60-65%. Not impressed.

Principe
05-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Most Accurate results I got with all dna tests, am very pleased with my results.

European: 76%

62.5% Italian
8.5% Sardinian
5% Ashkenazi

Middle Eastern: 15.3%

10.2% Sephardic
5.1% Middle East

Africa: 8.7%

8% North African
0.7% Nigerian

Hands down the best one so far.

kingjohn
05-17-2017, 01:11 PM
do you think the sefhardi is real in your case ?
other than that and the aschenazi thing
results look logical
with kind regards
Adam

Principe
05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
do you think the sefhardi is real in your case ?
other than that and the aschenazi thing
results look logical
with kind regards
Adam

Absolutely and I am happy, ftdna switched my 5% Ashkenazi to Eastern Europe (there was never any slavic migrations in Southern Italy, except for Molise which is far from where my parents come from). With Myheritage I got a dna match who is half Iraqi Jewish and half Ashkenazi. The Sephardi and Ashkenazi match my genealogy and family stories. For once I feel that this ancestry is the most accurate.

Principe
05-17-2017, 02:25 PM
When ftdna updated their results and gave me no Jewish (I still got Western Middle East and Eastern Middle East) I emailed them told them its impossible I get none, especially with the new Sephardic component, they gave the answer we know your ancestry better and the whole shabang, now Myheritage results come in and I get 15.2% Jewish overall, ftdna gave me Eastern European and British (both never came into Southern Italy) while myheritage gives me Jewish, Middle Eastern, higher North African and picks up the little African I keep on getting in various Gedmatch calculators, which makes sense with history and again with my family stories and genealogy.

kingjohn
05-17-2017, 02:31 PM
untill we will see ftdna refrences i can't answere you
but yes it seems you results now reflect your ancestery much better
regrads
adam

Targum
05-17-2017, 02:35 PM
When ftdna updated their results and gave me no Jewish (I still got Western Middle East and Eastern Middle East) I emailed them told them its impossible I get none, especially with the new Sephardic component, they gave the answer we know your ancestry better and the whole shabang, now Myheritage results come in and I get 15.2% Jewish overall, ftdna gave me Eastern European and British (both never came into Southern Italy) while myheritage gives me Jewish, Middle Eastern, higher North African and picks up the little African I keep on getting in various Gedmatch calculators, which makes sense with history and again with my family stories and genealogy.

1) Is your family from the "Neofitti" rich parts of Southern Italy?
2) I would go out on a limb and say you are likely, at least in part, the descendant of Neofitti Anussim.

Principe
05-17-2017, 02:44 PM
untill we will see ftdna refrences i can't answere you
but yes it seems you results now reflect your ancestery much better
regrads
adam

Yes they do, and there is a site which details the Jewish History of Italy, I posted it here once unfortunately its only Italian, so it will hard for non Italian speakers to read, and from it you can even understand the Ashkenazi connection because there was French Jews who came to Puglia and Basilicata during the 14t century.

Targum
05-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Yes they do, and there is a site which details the Jewish History of Italy, I posted it here once unfortunately its only Italian, so it will hard for non Italian speakers to read, and from it you can even understand the Ashkenazi connection because there was French Jews who came to Puglia and Basilicata during the 14t century.

You are correct. In addition, the Italqim, the original Roman Jews who have been in Italy for over 2000 years, are along with the Romaniot, the original Greek Jews, are the "seed populations" from which emerged Western Jews, Ashkenazi, Sefaradi, Syrian etc.

Principe
05-17-2017, 03:00 PM
1) Is your family from the "Neofitti" rich parts of Southern Italy?
2) I would go out on a limb and say you are likely, at least in part, the descendant of Neofitti Anussim.

I am in between two hotspots, like the answer I told to KingJohn from the website I learnt that I am within a 50 km radius of 14 Jewish communities before the inquisition, the towns of Castrovillari and Tricarico had a large Jewish community before expulsion, I think so too that I am the descendants of Bnei Anusim/Neofiti. Think of how many Italian families you know that have a family tradition of avoiding pork meat and considering it unclean, that's my family, we also had the red string to void off the evil eye. This is the case for my direct paternal side, on my Sicilian mother's side, my great grandmother's family knew they had Jewish roots, they kept Jewelry hidden (apparently they didn't want the priests to see) and spoke Arabic amongst siblings, also I found 3 Jewish brothers with my great grandmother's surname living in the neighbouring town before inquistion.

Targum
05-17-2017, 03:09 PM
I am in between two hotspots, like the answer I told to KingJohn from the website I learnt that I am within a 50 km radius of 14 Jewish communities before the inquisition, the towns of Castrovillari and Tricarico had a large Jewish community before expulsion, I think so too that I am the descendants of Bnei Anusim/Neofiti. Think of how many Italian families you know that have a family tradition of avoiding pork meat and considering it unclean, that's my family, we also had the red string to void off the evil eye. This is the case for my direct paternal side, on my Sicilian mother's side, my great grandmother's family knew they had Jewish roots, they kept Jewelry hidden (apparently they didn't want the priests to see) and spoke Arabic amongst siblings, also I found 3 Jewish brothers with my great grandmother's surname living in the neighbouring town before inquistion.

That is way more evidence than many of my Bnei Anussim Latino-origin colleagues have in their families.It sounds overwhelming actually. Here in the U.S, in our Orthodox communities there is a mini boom of returning Latino Bnei Anussim. Every community has people either already after Orthodox conversion/return, or in the process. Most of them report one or two of the phenomena you mention.Your oral family history does not really have an alternative plausible explanation.

Principe
05-17-2017, 03:35 PM
That is way more evidence than many of my Bnei Anussim Latino-origin colleagues have in their families.It sounds overwhelming actually. Here in the U.S, in our Orthodox communities there is a mini boom of returning Latino Bnei Anussim. Every community has people either already after Orthodox conversion/return, or in the process. Most of them report one or two of the phenomena you mention.Your oral family history does not really have an alternative plausible explanation.

Exactly, and that's why I really did not like ftdna's New Myorigins it really did not match with my family's oral history and genealogy. Most of this information I learnt after doing my intital DNA test with nat geo, when I started asking questions, luckily I am curious and was able to learn all of this information, I feel much more complete and am happy to reconnect with my Jewish ancestry.

Maximilian
05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
I am very happy that I did not purchase a kit at MyHeritage DNA. I transferred my FTDNA raw data to them and all I got was three autosomal Matches which are absolutely not worth it. But maybe it is just bad luck for me and for other people it's a great opportunity.

Kelmendasi
05-29-2017, 02:48 PM
You can now upload your raw data from 23andme, Ftdna and ancestry to get an actual ethnicity estimate for free unlike before where you could only get DNA matches

Vrump
05-29-2017, 03:46 PM
You can now upload your raw data from 23andme, Ftdna and ancestry to get an actual ethnicity estimate for free unlike before where you could only get DNA matches

It seems that people have problems: it takes too long to upload!

Some people have downloaded their FTDNA data on myheritage and they are still waiting

Kelmendasi
05-29-2017, 04:46 PM
It seems that people have problems: it takes too long to upload!

Some people have downloaded their FTDNA data on myheritage and they are still waiting
Yh I'm waiting as well. Apparently it can take up to 1 month to fully process

lilac9
05-29-2017, 04:51 PM
I uploaded my 23andme data last night and I am still waiting.

Oleg (Rus)
05-29-2017, 05:47 PM
I uploaded my data in November and I have 18 matches, but still no ethnicity estimate.:( It seems that MyHeritage DNA becomes quite popular in Russia as people from Molgen often order their test, although this company received many bad reviews on the web.

Vrump
05-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Lol, weird... 1 month.. Wow !

JFWinstone
05-30-2017, 08:26 AM
The ethnicity estimates have come through for my kits

Mine

23andme

58% English
20.7% Scandinavian
10.7% Thai and Cambodian
2% South Asian
6.4% Nigerian
1.2% Central African
1% Central American

Ancestry
57.5% English
19% Scandinavian
3.4% Irish, Scottish and Welsh
10.6% Thai and Cambodian
1.8% South Asian
4.8% Nigerian
1.7% Kenyan
1.2% Central African

Mum

21.4% Scandinavian
15% English
7.7% Balkan
5.4% Iberian
13.3% Thai and Cambodian
6.8% Japanese
3.8% Chinese and Vietnamese
8.1% South Asia
11.3% Nigerian
3.4% Central African
3.0% Kenyan
0.8% Papuan

My Ex

90.8% North and West Europe
6.8% English
2.4% East European

evon
05-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Found my "ethnic" estimate:

North and West Europe 94,0%
Scandinavian 75,7%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 15,1%
Finnish 3,2%
South Europe 6,0%
Italian 6,0%

While it is similar to FTDNA, DNA.Land and 23andme, I think the British % is actually German in my case. Strange to get Italian instead of the usual Iberian...

Kelmendasi
05-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Is there a Balkan category/reference on MyHeritage?

Jessie
05-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Good to get something for free. :) I uploaded last night and just checked and my results are in. I'm still waiting on 3 other family members. It is interesting that they are separating English from Irish, Scottish and Welsh. The Ashkenazi Jewish is also interesting because I get 1% European Jewish on Ancestry along with 3% Eastern Europe. I guess it's a possibility.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2zg6ss9.png

Jessie
05-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Found my "ethnic" estimate:

While it is similar to FTDNA, DNA.Land and 23andme, I think the British % is actually German in my case. Strange to get Italian instead of the usual Iberian...

They have a separate English category oddly enough. I would have thought that would be more similar to German. I'd love to see more people's results.

sktibo
05-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Good to get something for free. :) I uploaded last night and just checked and my results are in. I'm still waiting on 3 other family members. It is interesting that they are separating English from Irish, Scottish and Welsh. The Ashkenazi Jewish is also interesting because I get 1% European Jewish on Ancestry along with 3% Eastern Europe. I guess it's a possibility.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2zg6ss9.png

i just uploaded mine, I'll admit I'm very excited. your results look good. I'm really interested to see how it splits my British isles into the two categories it offers which make the test very appealing i think

Jessie
05-30-2017, 10:15 AM
i just uploaded mine, I'll admit I'm very excited. your results look good. I'm really interested to see how it splits my British isles into the two categories it offers which make the test very appealing i think

Yes please post as soon as you have the results sktibo. I hope more people take this up so we can compare. :) I'll post the rest of my family when they are available.

sktibo
05-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Yes please post as soon as you have the results sktibo. I hope more people take this up so we can compare. :) I'll post the rest of my family when they are available.

I likely will the second they're in. I'm practically online on this forum for every waking hour these days. I should consider a flip phone perhaps.. if this test gives me around 30% and 30% split between England and the Celtic nations I'll be damn impressed.. hopefully I'll post the results soon

Jessie
05-30-2017, 10:30 AM
I likely will the second they're in. I'm practically online on this forum for every waking hour these days. I should consider a flip phone perhaps.. if this test gives me around 30% and 30% split between England and the Celtic nations I'll be damn impressed.. hopefully I'll post the results soon

It's highly addictive. I'm always waiting on either a dna test or some dna study to come out. It's like a drug. :) I spend way more time than I should on the topic.

Tomris
05-30-2017, 11:21 AM
Not very similar to FTDNA's results. I'm not sure which one is more accurate,we're Turks(except my grandfather was Pomak) but have been living in the Balkans for centuries... But thanks a lot to MyHeritage anyway :D :beerchug: 1639416395

https://www.myheritage.com.tr/dna/ethnicity/intro/F9H4KHR6C9BNGE1P85M3AIAHE13NIP39AH0M8C9FB5B4ARAIDP 0KOBRGF9IK8KILC5OL2GJLE5564DPPDDK4ODB8E524QCRJ8LOM 4BO?autoplay=1

L1983
05-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Got mine. Just got to upload parents for some context :)

olive picker
05-30-2017, 12:36 PM
http://puu.sh/w5uCQ/d5b562979a.png

Stephen1986
05-30-2017, 01:36 PM
I uploaded my data from another site but can't remember which I used, probably my 23andMe data.

My results -

Europe 100%
- North and West Europe 98.7%
-- English 97.5%
-- Irish, Scottish and Welsh 1.2%
- East Europe 1.3%
--East European 1.3%

There's another set of results under my name, but I'm fairly sure they're actually my brother's -

Europe 98.3%
- North and West Europe 98.3%
-- English 59.1%
-- Irish, Scottish and Welsh 39.2%

Asia 1.7%
- West Asia 1.7%
-- West Asian 1.7%

jpb
05-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Mine:
100.0% European
56.7% North and West European
34.2% Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
9.1% Eastern European

Grandmother's:
99.1% European
42.7% North and West European
39.7% Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
14.3% Balkan ??
2.4% Baltic
0.9% Middle Eastern

firemonkey
05-30-2017, 02:50 PM
I've just uploaded my 23andMe data and my father's FTDNA. Will be interested to see results. How long does it take to process?

Oleg (Rus)
05-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I found my results!16400

firemonkey
05-30-2017, 04:05 PM
Seems they have revamped their results. Here are the new results from my original upload.

Scottish,Irish and Welsh is particularly low. According to paper trail supposedly am(rounded to whole figures) Scottish 31% Irish 19%. In contrast Ancestry gives me 38% Ireland.
Never had South Asian before.

Principe
05-30-2017, 04:06 PM
My results have now changed.

Southern Europe

31.9% Greek
19.2% Sardinian
7.4% Iberian

Eastern Europe

5.3% Baltic (I guess in line with ftdna)

Ashkenazi 3%

Middle Eastern 10.6%

Sephardic Jewish-North African 22.6% (the description is about Moroccan Jews, so essentially 22.6% Moroccan Jewish).

firemonkey
05-30-2017, 04:13 PM
These dna results from various sources seem rather erratic. I wonder whether dna matches via Family finder etc are more indicative of probable ancestry. It's a shame FF took away the ability to search by location.

CelticGerman
05-30-2017, 04:15 PM
My result. The British should be North German. Eastern Europe/Balkans too high I think.

Kelmendasi
05-30-2017, 05:33 PM
https://s15.postimg.org/cg07jrf1n/Inkedimage_32_LI.jpg

Albannach
05-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Not sure where the Baltic came from, but I like how they separate the different ethnicities of the UK and Ireland.

My results -

Europe
100.0%
North and West Europe
88.7%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
88.7%
East Europe
11.3%
Baltic
11.3%

vettor
05-30-2017, 06:30 PM
mine below

Europe 100.0%

South Europe 64.1%
Italian 64.1%

East Europe 20.4%
Balkan 20.4%

North and West Europe 15.5%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 15.5%

map looks weird ....................maybe this admixture from myhertiage only begins from iron-age to present

Kelmendasi
05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
mine below

Europe 100.0%

South Europe 64.1%
Italian 64.1%

East Europe 20.4%
Balkan 20.4%

map looks weird ....................maybe this admixture from myhertiage only begins from iron-age to present
It dates back 500 years apparently

I-P109
05-30-2017, 07:27 PM
It dates back 500 years apparently
Is there some reference about how far back they are trying to go?

Kelmendasi
05-30-2017, 07:38 PM
Is there some reference about how far back they are trying to go?
Not sure where it says so, but I go told by a member on apricity that it goes back 500 years although I don't know if this is true

kingjohn
05-30-2017, 07:59 PM
mine below

Europe 100.0%

South Europe 64.1%
Italian 64.1%

East Europe 20.4%
Balkan 20.4%

looks good
the 15.5 % north west european is inline with your dna tribes
regards
Adam

Asimakidis
05-30-2017, 08:29 PM
me:
looks like the rest of my test results more or less :)

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16410&stc=1

Oleg (Rus)
05-30-2017, 08:45 PM
I want to see more people with known AJ ancestry to compare with. I like my 1,9% AJ, but can it be just a noise or underestimated?

arikamryn
05-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Ancestrydna

In the process of uploading 23andme.

lilac9
05-30-2017, 09:34 PM
How is it that a Puerto Rican gets 17.3% English?? LOL!

Oh I forgot to say this is with 23andme data

I'm still waiting for my Ancestrydna one

jortita
05-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Mine are still processing, how long did it take for results to emerge after uploading them, thank you

kevinduffy
05-30-2017, 11:34 PM
My results:

Europe
100.0%

North and West Europe
96.8%

92.6%

Finnish
4.2%

South Europe
3.2%

Italian
3.2%

Deftextra
05-31-2017, 12:03 AM
I like the African refrences. Very useful and looks about right (ethopian jew is a bit out of place, but from what I have seen is that they are very similar to somalis and other related groups).
Greek is a quite intresting, since I noticed one of my cousins having an unusual pull towards this direction in various calulators. Would be inresting to see what he scores here, but could just as easily have come from my other components I guess.

Ron from PA
05-31-2017, 03:01 AM
Got my updated results. Can't remember exactly the first results Am sure I had 53% British 25% Italian and some Scandinavian.
New results North and West Europe 95.8%

North and West European 86.8%
Scandinavian 6.9%
Finnish 2.1%

South Europe

Italian 4.2%

The NW Euro has to include my English. I know I have British 30/35% min I'd say. Should have some Scot included.

sktibo
05-31-2017, 03:09 AM
Got my updated results. Can't remember exactly the first results Am sure I had 53% British 25% Italian and some Scandinavian.

Scandinavian 6.9%
Finnish 2.1%

South Europe

Italian 4.2%

The NW Euro has to include my English. I know I have British 30/35% min I'd say. Should have some Scot included.

Still you're more German than British though? seems like some tests have you as more British than German, to me it seems promising that although it's not totally accurate, at least it got your primary component as German instead of British. Completely agree that the NW Euro includes your English.
Good looking results, compared to many.

OldAl
05-31-2017, 03:20 AM
Mine are still processing, how long did it take for results to emerge after uploading them, thank you

Yeah, I'm in the same situation as you and curious.

lilac9
05-31-2017, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same situation as you and curious.

Mine took approximately 24 hours.

jml
05-31-2017, 03:32 AM
Taking so long.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
05-31-2017, 04:09 AM
I like the African refrences. Very useful and looks about right (ethopian jew is a bit out of place, but from what I have seen is that they are very similar to somalis and other related groups).
Greek is a quite intresting, since I noticed one of my cousins having an unusual pull towards this direction in various calulators. Would be inresting to see what he scores here, but could just as easily have come from my other components I guess.

Might the Greek be linked to this? ( The fourth Ottoman-Portuguese Conflicts (1580–1589) was an armed military conflict between the Portuguese Empire against the Ottoman Empire and the Ajuran Empire, in the Indian Ocean.

The Ottoman Navy, from 1580 to 1584 for the first time attacked only the Portuguese ships in the Indian Ocean. In 1585 Mir Ali Bey successfully repelled a Portuguese attempt to capture harbors controlled by the Somalis in the Horn of Africa (Barawa, Jumbo and Mogadishu) but failed to do so.

In 1586 the Portuguese army repelled the Ottomans in Kilifi, Pate and Malindi.

Mombasa was seized by the Ottomans too. source: https://www.onwar.com/aced/chrono/c1500s/yr80/ottomanportuguese1580.htm

Nalfy87
05-31-2017, 10:18 AM
These are my results below. I am south-east English with a bit of Dutch, as my dad is a quarter Dutch.I have no idea why I have nearly 30% Southern European?! I also was under the impression that being English I may have mostly English, and perhaps some Celtic stuff too such as Irish, Wales or Scotland. Maybe the NW European result is Anglo-Saxon with the Scandinavian being part of it too?

Europe
100.0%
North and West Europe
70.5%
Scandinavian
47.8%
North and West European
22.7%

South Europe
29.5%
Iberian
15.0%
Greek
14.5%

lukaszM
05-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Results are form FTDNA kit. I've got only 5 matches.

Really suprising.

In FTDNA: 97% East-euro, 3% SE Euro.

In DNA.Land: 78% North-Slavic, South /Central Euro 14%, Balkan 5.6%, NW-Euro 1.6%, Ambigous 1.3%

In nMonte for my K36 results I have 7,6% Croatian.

But generally Balkan is not my biggest component anywhere...

For example Albanian Kelmendasi has 43% Balkan, strange.

https://s3.postimg.org/ngflfcin7/myheritage.jpg

BalkanKiwi
05-31-2017, 10:26 AM
23andMe results (waiting on FTDNA)

North and West Europe
52.7%

52.7%

East European
26.0%

Baltic
6.1%

Italian
6.7%

Ashkenazi Jewish
5.2%

West Asian
3.3%

lukaszM
05-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I found my results!16400

Still high Balkan especially for a Eastern Euro.

Kelmendasi
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Results are form FTDNA kit. I've got only 5 matches.

Really suprising.

In FTDNA: 97% East-euro, 3% SE Euro.

In DNA.Land: 78% North-Slavic, South /Central Euro 14%, Balkan 5.6%, NW-Euro 1.6%, Ambigous 1.3%

In nMonte for my K36 results I have 7,6% Croatian.

But generally Balkan is not my biggest component anywhere...

For example Albanian Kelmendasi has 43% Balkan, strange.

[MG]https://s3.postimg.org/ngflfcin7/myheritage.jpg[/IMG]
I think the "Balkan" category or reference is more South Slavic centered and that "Greek" is more of a pre-Slavic Balkan reference, some Albanians got like 9% Balkan which basically supports this whilst some other Albanians with Slavic ancestry got really high like 60-70%. Their Balkan reference is weird for sure, I get 100% Balkan on MyOrigins but on here only 43% lol I think it's definitely more South Slav centered based on this

Kelmendasi
05-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Anyway it's still in Beta phase so it will improve later on

Sikeliot
05-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Mine and my mother's. Hers make sense. Mine are more crazy because of how much diverse ancestry I have.

Mother, 23andme:

https://i.imgur.com/hJFVyLp.png

Mother, AncestryDNA:
https://i.imgur.com/54RQ007.png

Sikeliot:
https://i.imgur.com/9i6QT9T.png

Kelmendasi
05-31-2017, 11:07 AM
Their Balkan reference is surely flawed. I hope it improves in the future

Jessie
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM
My family's results. I think the major ethnicity percentages are good but some of the smaller populations are definitely hard to understand. I'm going to upload my Ancestry and FTDNA to see what I get just out of curiosity. I am intrigued by the Ashkenazi Jewish that both myself and mother get but no way to really verify any of this.

Mother's results

http://i65.tinypic.com/33mpmz8.png

Brother

http://i67.tinypic.com/2jc5ulj.jpg

Daughter gets the most interesting results.

http://i64.tinypic.com/o9ikxg.jpg

I-P109
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Mine and my mother's. Hers make sense. Mine are more crazy because of how much diverse ancestry I have.

What are you mother's known ancestries, if you don't mind me asking?

lukaszM
05-31-2017, 11:15 AM

Again your Balkan 38,5 is nearly as mine 41%. But in your case it's probably your Slavic part. How many Polish you have?

Sikeliot
05-31-2017, 11:17 AM
What are you mother's known ancestries, if you don't mind me asking?

See if you can guess, then I will tell you. :)

I-P109
05-31-2017, 11:20 AM
See if you can guess, then I will tell you. :)
Some sort of 3/4 Poland, 1/8 Portugal, 1/8 Ireland?

Sikeliot
05-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Some sort of 3/4 Poland, 1/8 Portugal, 1/8 Ireland?

Half Polish, 1/8 Cape Verdean (the "Sierra Leonean" plus Portuguese) and then the rest just Portuguese from Madeira.

I-P109
05-31-2017, 11:31 AM
Half Polish, 1/8 Cape Verdean (the "Sierra Leonean" plus Portuguese) and then the rest just Portuguese from Madeira.
Yes, the Balkan component seems to be a catch-all for a great range of different things. May I also ask which parts of Poland can you trace your mother's ancestry to?

EDIT: Poland is quite a mixture of Germanic, Slavic and Baltic, that is why I am asking.

jortita
05-31-2017, 11:44 AM
Still processing my data

Ron from PA
05-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Still you're more German than British though? seems like some tests have you as more British than German, to me it seems promising that although it's not totally accurate, at least it got your primary component as German instead of British. Completely agree that the NW Euro includes your English.
Good looking results, compared to many.

Yes i've no doubt i'm mainly Germanic. So i'm happy it clearly picked up my major component. Of all the testing i've done i've become convinced my English must be primarily Anglo Saxon/Scandinavian which can cause issues for these admixture tests.

My Geno next Generation gave me 47 Central Euro 37 Scandinavian. Top two populations Danish and German. Although I posted yesterday paper trail indicates 55% Germanic. If I can trust phasing at 23andME its likely between 60/65%, I say that because. They give 34% Germanic from my mom and only 2.4% of her British, I still have 11.9% Broadly NW Euro from her.

Just downloaded my mom's 23 data. She should come back mainly Germanic as well. On Gedmatch I match a little closer to German then her but it's still her top population. She usually has a little Scottish show up. Which due to recombination possibly I did'nt get any or much of.

jortita
05-31-2017, 01:29 PM
Interesting but strange results in comparison to original MyHeritage results which are very different from my converted results

Original My Heritage DNA

South Asia 82.3%

East Asia 14.3%
Thai and Cambodian 8.4%
Mongolian 5.9%

Oceania 2.2%
Melanesian 2.2%

Europe 1.2%
Sardinian 1.2%

Ancestry DNA converted to My Heritage

South Asia 79.8%

East Asia 15.4%
Chinese and Vietnamese 14.1%
Eskimo/Inuit 1.3%

Europe2.6%
Scandinavian 2.6%

Oceania 2.2%
Melanesian 2.2%

FTDNA converted to MyHeritage DNA

South Asia 80.1%

East Asia 15.4%
Chinese and Vietnamese 14.3%
Eskimo/Inuit 1.1%

Oceania 2.3%
Melanesian 2.3%

Europe 2.2%
Scandinavian 2.2%

jortita
05-31-2017, 01:30 PM
DUPLICATE POST DELETE

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
05-31-2017, 01:47 PM
0.90 Beta: Everything looked about ok considering it was "Beta".

0.95% Beta: Rubbish

jortita
05-31-2017, 02:33 PM
Actually not strange as I realised that the uploaded data are at 0.95 beta.

My Heritage DNA 0.95 beta results

South Asian 79.7%

Chinese and Vietnamese 13.9%

Inuit\Eskimo 1.3%

Scandinavian 2.7%

Oceania 2.4%

lukaszM
05-31-2017, 03:14 PM
So Beta 0.95 means they update from time to time results which were uploaded. Or I must upload it again to see changes?

I-P109
05-31-2017, 03:17 PM
And where does one see which beta version it is? I can not seem to find that info.

geebee
05-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Based on upload from Ancestry:

Europe 97.5%
-- North and West Europe 80.7%
---- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 46.6%
---- North and West European 34.1%
-- South Europe 16.8%
---- Iberian 9.5%
---- Italian 7.3%
America 2.5%
-- Native American 1.5%
---- Native American 1.5%
-- Central America 1.0%
---- Central American 1.0%

It's a bit different from 23andMe, Family Tree DNA, and Ancestry; but I'm not sure it's any less accurate. I think the Iberian number is more what I'd have expected with my grandmother being half Spanish than the number I get from 23andMe. (And it's closer to what I get at Ancestry.)

The "America" percentage is also a bit higher than I get elsewhere, though it's just 0.5% more than 23andMe's 2.0%. Ancestry says 1%; FTDNA says "less than 2%".

EDIT: Apparently, for some reason I ended up uploading my results from all three of the companies I tested with.

So this is based on my FTDNA kit:

Europe 98.3%
-- North and West Europe 82.3%
---- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 51.0%
---- North and West European 31.3%
-- South Europe 16.0%
---- Iberian 8.3%
-- Italian 7.7%
America 1.7%
-- Native American 1.7%
---- Native American 1.7%

It's interesting to see that here there is no "Central American" at all. Otherwise, though, it's pretty much in the same ballpark.

And this is based on my uploaded kit from 23andMe:

Europe 97.7%
-- North and West Europe 78.5%
---- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 50.4%
---- North and West European 26.7%
---- Finnish 1.4%
-- South Europe 19.2%
---- Iberian 10.0%
---- Italian 9.2%
America 2.3%
-- Native American 1.6%
---- Native American 1.6%
-- Central America 0.7%
---- Central American 0.7%

It's interesting to see the slightly different the using the same algorithm gives, on these three different (but overlapping) sets of SNPs from one person.

JFWinstone
05-31-2017, 05:01 PM
My 2017 upload from 23andme was slightly different to my 2016 upload. Still waiting for my FTDNA upload to process.

galon07
05-31-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm trying to upload my FTDNA kit to MyHeritage. I followed the instructions, but when I upload the file I receive a message saying that the file "does not appear to be a valid autosomal export". Anyone with the same problem?

lilac9
05-31-2017, 05:15 PM
My Ancestry.com data is taking longer too. Maybe because so many people are uploading.

Also this test MyHeritage gives me no Sephardi at all! FamilyTreeDNA 2.0 gave me 8.0% and DNATribes snp analysis gave me 12.9%. I wonder which one is right now?

Tjada
05-31-2017, 06:44 PM
*deleted

sktibo
05-31-2017, 06:45 PM
DNA matches are now showing for mine but no ethnicity report ("ethnicity estimate will be displayed once your DNA results are available") does it take longer for the ethnicity estimate than the matching, or did i upload to the wrong place?
thanks very much

vettor
05-31-2017, 06:49 PM
DNA matches are now showing for mine but no ethnicity report ("ethnicity estimate will be displayed once your DNA results are available") does it take longer for the ethnicity estimate than the matching, or did i upload to the wrong place?
thanks very much

mine took a long time to show up , there are less than 10 matches I have , and they are split, one split is 100% accurate and the other is most likely less than 30% accurate. ( still checking these)

Aha
05-31-2017, 06:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GQdB2rh.jpg

I don't have any Jewish relatives :D As for Balkan - I don't get much of it in the calculators. Much lower than any neighboring countries average

kingjohn
05-31-2017, 07:01 PM
i gave you like for
the 2.1% aschenazi ....
:beerchug:
best regards
Adam

p.s
2% is extremely small %
you score manyh eastern european elments
which look logic

OldAl
05-31-2017, 07:05 PM
I uploaded my sample yesterday and am impatiently refreshing the page lol. It's free so I know I can't complain, but is this something I should wait a few weeks or so to check back on?

lilac9
05-31-2017, 07:14 PM
I uploaded my sample yesterday and am impatiently refreshing the page lol. It's free so I know I can't complain, but is this something I should wait a few weeks or so to check back on?

First time I uploaded results took less than 24 hours now this second upload is taking more than 24 hours. I also uploaded yesterday afternoon.

sktibo
05-31-2017, 07:20 PM
mine took a long time to show up , there are less than 10 matches I have , and they are split, one split is 100% accurate and the other is most likely less than 30% accurate. ( still checking these)

thanks, I'll keep waiting for the ethnicity estimate to appear then. Seems strange that it doesn't show at the same time as the matches

arikamryn
05-31-2017, 07:37 PM
Still waiting for the 23andme data to process. Did not have to wait for Ancestrydna as I had previously uploaded it last June.

cvolt
05-31-2017, 08:13 PM
It's pretty accurate for me.

Europe
100.0%
Scandinavian
46.0%
23.1%
North and West European
17.1%
Iberian
10.8%
East European
3.0%

thrax
05-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Europe
-South Europe 78.6%
--Greek 75.9%
--Italian 1.7%
--Iberian 1.0%
-East Europe 21.4%
--Balkan 21.4%

OldAl
05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Europe
-South Europe 78.6%
--Greek 75.9%
--Italian 1.7%
--Iberian 1.0%
-East Europe 21.4%
--Balkan 21.4%

The fact that it seperates Greek and Balkan ancestry is interesting to me. My father's mother's family was from Epirus and my father's father was from Cyprus with some Aegean roots. Curious how scattered me Greek ancestry will be.

thrax
05-31-2017, 09:57 PM
The fact that it seperates Greek and Balkan ancestry is interesting to me. My father's mother's family was from Epirus and my father's father was from Cyprus with some Aegean roots. Curious how scattered me Greek ancestry will be.

Judging from their map, "Balkan" only includes the greek mainland, while "Greece" also includes the islands as well as Cyprus.

kikkk
05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
My results (very close to ftdna ff, put aside the mysterious Central American)

http://i.imgur.com/tYT5kcS.png

Kelmendasi
05-31-2017, 10:26 PM
My results (very close to ftdna ff, put aside the mysterious Central American)

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/tYT5kcS.png[/IMG]
Are you half Scandinavian ethnically?

kikkk
05-31-2017, 10:58 PM
Are you half Scandinavian ethnically?

It seems I'm, autosomally speaking, half American (of, probably, Swedish and Ulster Scot ancestry judging from my closest matches).

BalkanKiwi
05-31-2017, 11:23 PM
My results in image form for those who like pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/C9ATlqJ.png

SwampThing27
05-31-2017, 11:29 PM
Just uploaded mine a few hours ago. Interested to see how it splits out my NW European.

Ron from PA
06-01-2017, 02:59 AM

Scandinavian 6.9%
Finnish 2.1%

South Europe

Italian 4.2%

Just realized what I thought were updated results, were actually my ethnicity estimate from my 23andMe data I uploaded last May. The results from the My Heritage test I did remain the same with 53% British as top %. I just uploaded the data from one of my Ancestry tests. So i'll see how it compares.

firemonkey
06-01-2017, 03:20 AM
Been over 24 hours . Still waiting.

firemonkey
06-01-2017, 04:45 AM
When I go into 'Manage dna kits' it says the status of my 23andMe upload is 'ready' but then when I click on ethnicity estimate for it it says 'Ethnicity Estimate will be displayed once your DNA results are available.'

sktibo
06-01-2017, 06:18 AM
When I go into 'Manage dna kits' it says the status of my 23andMe upload is 'ready' but then when I click on ethnicity estimate for it it says 'Ethnicity Estimate will be displayed once your DNA results are available.'

same problem firemonkey, I'm not sure what to do either. I'll let you know if i figure it out. if anyone else had this issue can you share how you resolved it if you were able to?

JFWinstone
06-01-2017, 06:44 AM
From my FTDNA data 16473

Magnetic
06-01-2017, 07:05 AM
muh heritage

http://up.picr.de/29363620fv.jpg

http://up.picr.de/29363621bv.jpg

lukaszM
06-01-2017, 07:14 AM
For me waiting for results was about two days.

I-P109
06-01-2017, 07:51 AM
I say MyHeritage is by far absolutely the most unreliable of all companies - I added both my parents yesterday and lo and behold none of the matches I have had are real, because none of them matches either of my parents!

They input DNA to make segments seem larger, but none of the segments have any meaning and only result with a bunch of false positives just so that MyHeritage can lay some exclusive claims.

Matching is far easier to achieve than ethinicity estimates. If MyHeritage so gravely misses the matching part, then what confidence should anyone have about their ethnicity estimates which are far harder than matching.

L1983
06-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Edit: Find it odd how my dad has no Irish here despite an Irish grandmother, yet my mum, who's pretty much just English, has.

Edit: Added pics for clarity.

J1 DYS388=13
06-01-2017, 08:16 AM

My results. Compared with FTDNA myOrigins, Ancestry.com Genetic Ancestry, and 23andMe:

--- MyHeritage gives greater weight to English ancestry (21.8%). I can't dispute that. All I know is that some of my Irish ancestry is actually Anglo-Irish.

--- MyHeritage is the only service to have identified Balkan ancestry (14.7%). It cannot be recent, but my direct paternal line did pass through there on the way to Slavic lands, so it's probably correct.

So in terms of ancestry composition, MyHeritage looks good to me.

Star93
06-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Europe

South Europe 77.9 %
- Greek 74.0 %
- Italian 3.9 %

East Europe
- Balkan 21.0%

Ashkenazi Jewish 1.1%

BalkanKiwi
06-01-2017, 09:40 AM
FTDNA data. Only difference compared to 23andMe is I get some Scandinavian now and the Baltic is gone.

http://i.imgur.com/AaAUz5V.png

arikamryn
06-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Ancestrydna

In the process of uploading 23andme.

23andme

Overall I'm not sure how I became central Asian, I'm about 3 percent native American not sure where that went. Curious as to how with my ancestry data I'm almost 7 percent west European yet it all disappears with 23andme. I became Irish, Scottish, and Welsh and Scandinavian.

BalkanKiwi
06-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Once peoples results start to come in, I'll be curious to see how many Western Europeans score any West Asian as well.

firemonkey
06-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I have now got the results. Mine-23,Ancestry and FTDNA. Father-FTDNA.

In all of them the Irish,Scottish and Welsh is low compared to paper trail of around 50% for Irish and Scottish. Father gets no Irish,Scottish and Welsh which fits in with his paper trail; barring a query over an ancestor born in Wales who may not be Welsh. Both my father and I get Finnish. This is just above noise level. According to my paper trail,complete to 3gt, there is no Finnish. Not dismissive of it but it certainly before 3gt level if there at all.
I am not sure how dna passes on. Would it be possible for certain chunks of dna to pass on through generations without diminishing as much as it should in %, ie one should expect if there 1.56% or less but actually get 3% .
The small South Asian for me and Central Asian for my father is intriguing.

Waldemar
06-01-2017, 01:33 PM
My results...
https://s11.postimg.org/t4em184oj/Screen_Hunter_1890_Jun._01_14.34.jpg

My wife's results...
https://s11.postimg.org/l06hwhi9f/Screen_Hunter_1891_Jun._01_14.35.jpg

kingjohn
06-01-2017, 01:42 PM
the balkan here have to be filled with eastern european snp
when i see poles here who score 40% of it ....

lukaszM
06-01-2017, 02:07 PM
I have theory which is not consistent with reference description on their website but is logical.

Myheritage's Balkan reference is in fact Central Euro reference. Modeled on Hungarian, Slovenian, maybe Slovak also.

I saw result of Slovak who has more than 30%, I have 41%. Sikeliot has because of his Polish mother 38%.
But Croat from other forum has 0%. Albanians score very low also.

It's not modeled on Balkan Slav or Albanians, highy improbable that the referece is Romanian or Bulgarian (especially in my case). So what other possibility?

Kelmendasi
06-01-2017, 02:10 PM
I have theory which is not consistent with reference description on their website but is logical.

Myheritage's Balkan reference is in fact Central Euro reference. Modeled on Hungarian, Slovenian, maybe Slovak also.

I saw result of Slovak who has more than 30%, I have 41%. Sikeliot has because of his Polish mother 38%.

It's not modeled on Balkan Slav or Albanians, highy improbable that the referece is Romanian or Bulgarian (especially in my case). So what other possibility?
Yh I agree. But why do I score so high of it for an Albanian although I don't have any knowledge of Slavic ancestry?

Kelmendasi
06-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Anyways they should re-work the Balkan reference and actually base it off from Balkanites and not Slavs/Central-eastern Europeans

Kelmendasi
06-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Greek seems to be the actual Balkan reference

Tomenable
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
My results:

East European ------------- 72.8%
Balkan ---------------------- 3.4%
North and West Europe --- 23.8%

http://i.imgur.com/laMggf1.png

http://i.imgur.com/laMggf1.png

^^^ Very similar to MyOrigins 1.0. results:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10199-My-origins-2-0-is-released&p=224429&viewfull=1#post224429

Check also my GenePlaza results below:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10646-Post-your-GenePlaza-Results!&p=240562&viewfull=1#post240562

I-P109
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM

I have this same exact theory. I was thinking of calling it Pannonian Basin, but Central Europe is just equally fine.

As to which populations they modeled on, it is a mystery, but assuming they did it on former Yugoslavia and Romania and separated commonalities from the other cluster they defined, and that is Greece, what they would be left with is exactly northern Europeans who migrated down to the south which in itself is the dominant element of Central Europe.

lukaszM
06-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Greek seems to be the actual Balkan reference

I think this Albanian results is what should be Balkan reference.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8758

I-P109
06-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Yh I agree. But why do I score so high of it for an Albanian although I don't have any knowledge of Slavic ancestry?

Adding to my previous message, it is likely that they did not even purify this component as much as I assumed by separating commonalities found among Balkan populations down to two groups: north (called Balkan) and south (called Greece), but that instead they have the northern reference cluster still polluted with parts of the south. So, highly distinctive populations, such as you and people from Poland, end up getting around half of it respectively.

Kelmendasi
06-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Adding to my previous message, it is likely that they did not even purify this component as much as I assumed by separating commonalities found among Balkan populations down to two groups: north (called Balkan) and south (called Greece), but that instead they have the northern reference cluster still polluted with parts of the south. So, highly distinctive populations, such as you and people from Poland, end up getting around half of it respectively.
How much do Yugoslavs get? I have seen some Croats get 0% Balkan for some reason lol. Other Albanians seem to get about 9-10% Balkan but I on the other hand get 43%. But yeah I agree the Balkan reference is probably a mix

Kelmendasi
06-01-2017, 02:19 PM
I think this Albanian results is what should be Balkan reference.

[IG]http://www.eupedia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8758[/IMG]
Same here. I think that Italian and Greek are both references that are made for actual Balkanites

Hanna
06-01-2017, 02:31 PM
My results:

https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-9/18882308_858364714339202_1536192232896384206_n.jpg ?oh=cabfb96bbdcc71d7cda2a02f4075d296&oe=599E1A3B&__gda__=1503582198_78d9a88f670c50246548d2c3c18b6bf 7

lukaszM
06-01-2017, 02:32 PM
My results...
https://s11.postimg.org/t4em184oj/Screen_Hunter_1890_Jun._01_14.34.jpg

My wife's results...
https://s11.postimg.org/l06hwhi9f/Screen_Hunter_1891_Jun._01_14.35.jpg

We have similar Balkan (your even higher) but you have more Baltic than me.
Your wife quite high Scandivanian is probably sign of supposed Mennonite ancestry, as we talk in other thread.

So only Tomenable is nearly without Balkan from tested Central Euros now:)

kingjohn
06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
wow :)
got to tell you this test looks good when i see all those results
inline with dna tribes and dna land

Tomenable
06-01-2017, 02:50 PM
So only Tomenable is nearly without Balkan form tested Central Euros now:)

Based on the map, "Balkan" and "Baltic" overlap almost fully with "East European".

Why did they make such fully overlapping clusters? This is a bit weird IMO.

===========================

Waldemar got "Baltic" because some of his ancestry is from NE Poland.

lilac9
06-01-2017, 02:54 PM
My results with Ancestry.com raw data. Not much difference except some of the English went into North and West European. With the Euro categories its very much like Ancestry.com for me. I have no known Italian, English, or French/German. All surnames in my tree are Spanish.

I'm still bummed I didn't show any Sephardi on this test when I got 8% on MyOrigins 2 and 12.9% on DNATribes snp analysis.

Oh and apparently myheritage is basing their results for Amerindian on Mestizos which is really elevating their Amerindian category especially for Mexicans that I have seen.

My Amerindian is a little elevated. It's usually 9-10%.

XooR
06-01-2017, 03:01 PM
My results

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee370/xoorslug/Ozzy%20myheritagedna_zpszzobx3va.jpg (http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/xoorslug/media/Ozzy%20myheritagedna_zpszzobx3va.jpg.html)

XooR
06-01-2017, 03:02 PM
My results:

https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-9/18882308_858364714339202_1536192232896384206_n.jpg ?oh=cabfb96bbdcc71d7cda2a02f4075d296&oe=599E1A3B&__gda__=1503582198_78d9a88f670c50246548d2c3c18b6bf 7

Hanna,

Did you get north africa in any other test? It seems weird.

kingjohn
06-01-2017, 03:15 PM
yes but hanna north african -is sefhardic
not real north african berber

OldAl
06-01-2017, 03:25 PM

My paper ancestry is 1/4 Greek Cypriot, 1/4 Mainland Greek (Epirus), ~40% British, and between 6.25%-12.5% German.