PDA

View Full Version : Hello, could you please interpret this map to me ?

ashraff
11-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Hello there,

could you please tell me what is the meaning of this (white) pinpoint appears in the maps of Paternal Line results?
since they sometimes gives the same point for the subclde and its upstream clade . and sometimes the location of origin described in the story differs than the location on the map!!12783

Regards

wombatofthenorth
11-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Hello there,

could you please tell me what is the meaning of this (white) pinpoint appears in the maps of Paternal Line results?
since they sometimes gives the same point for the subclde and its upstream clade . and sometimes the location of origin described in the story differs than the location on the map!!12783

Regards

I think it is where they think the mutation probably originated and then the solid white arrows are where that mutation seems to have also spread.
Sometimes a mutation might develop in one spot and also spread out but then back more in the original area rather than out in one of the far spread areas maybe the mutation for another branch starts.

ashraff
11-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer Actually Iam still confused about my paternal Lineage i.e M78 > V65 because both of them appear in the same pinpoint on the map while they have different stories , in the following maps:

Thanks in Advance!

wombatofthenorth
11-30-2016, 02:30 AM
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer Actually Iam still confused about my paternal Lineage i.e M78 > V65 because both of them appear in the same pinpoint on the map while they have different stories , in the following maps:

The second slide has a note on the bottom that it wasn't accompanied by a major movement and tracking of it is still undergoing research so they didn't actually give a map and arrow for the last slide (they just leave up the last map that they were able to do such things for, so the map and arrow for the last slide are still actually from the prior map. Although I see that the text and what it claims to be the origin doesn't match the big dot for that either. I think maybe in your case they don't know what path it took out of East Africa to get to the dot and the spread point into Europe. I guess they know it started in East Africa and then for those who live in Europe and have it they know where the spread point for that originated. It's a bit confusing in your case what they show. I think in your case the dot above is for the M78 spread point into Europe perhaps.

ashraff
11-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Thank you wombatofthenorth , they also gave me the heatmap of the branch V65 ,what do you think ?

I think that some of the V65 carriers moved to east mediterranean and mutated there and some of them mutated in North Africa... am I right or wrong?