PDA

View Full Version : New hope for blocking allergies



Amerijoe
11-29-2016, 12:53 PM
If you are burdened with allergies, this article may be of great interest.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/11/29/allergy-drug-development/

Gary Corbett
12-03-2016, 02:16 AM
Interesting,thanks.
I'm allergic to everything imaginable.
When they did my skin test,I was allergic to EVERY SUBSTANCE they tried.
The worst 2 are mountain cedar and ragweed,which we have in abundance.
Been taking sublingual serum for 5+years for it.
One day I will walk into the woods,and a cedar tree will burst into flames when I approach....

Amerijoe
12-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Interesting,thanks.
I'm allergic to everything imaginable.
When they did my skin test,I was allergic to EVERY SUBSTANCE they tried.
The worst 2 are mountain cedar and ragweed,which we have in abundance.
Been taking sublingual serum for 5+years for it.
One day I will walk into the woods,and a cedar tree will burst into flames when I approach....

Gary, allergies are a buggar. Dust, pollen etc. plagued me my entire adolescent period. Once I hit 21, gone. Five decades later, they are back. In the last six months, wheat, walnuts, pecans, shellfish were doing a number on me. Stop using of course and severe allergic reactions have ceased. Still experience numbing of lips and tongue quite often. Similar to beginnings of a nut reaction. Ingredients of some foods may contain allergens or I'm experiencing new allergic reactions. Looks like an allergist is in my future. :car: Joe

Gary Corbett
12-11-2016, 07:17 PM
I'm not bothered by walnuts and pecans, but almonds are a major no-no.
Be careful.

Saetro
12-12-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm not bothered by walnuts and pecans, but almonds are a major no-no.
Be careful.

Used to have a minor but very unpleasant reaction to almonds, following a whiff of cyanide from a fellow student's lab experiment getting out of hand. Gradually desensitised by myself over years using boiled then roasted and can now eat raw.
Not willing to try green.

When young, allergic to eggs. Now very sensitive to egg white, but not in an allergic manner. I can smell and taste it at low levels.
Bird nesting season is a time of great tragedy to me.
Some eggs inevitably fall from nests, and after light rain all I can smell in the air is the hecatombs of broken eggs: to me the stench of chick death everywhere.
Mercifully this year, we have had heavy rain with all of that washed away.

Dust mites, pollen, mould are always a problem, but maybe I could market my nose as a mould detector!