PDA

View Full Version : 23&me composition results.

Mixed
12-04-2016, 01:21 AM
I'm not impressed with their work.

European 99.5%
Northwestern European 58.1%
British & Irish 17.9%
French & German 14.9%
Finnish 1.0%
Scandinavian 0.5%
Broadly Northwestern European 23.9%
Southern European 30.2%
Italian 17.7%
Balkan 2.3%
Broadly Southern European 10.2%
Eastern European 5.0%
Ashkenazi 0.1%
Broadly European 6.1%
East Asian 0.2%
Broadly East Asian 0.2%
Broadly East Asian & Native American 0.1%
Unassigned 0.2%

can't_lurk_no_mo'
12-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Does that not match what you know about your ancestry?

Mixed
12-04-2016, 01:38 AM
Does that not match what you know about your ancestry?

So so. It's pretty mixed.

A Norfolk L-M20
12-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Can you give any clues to us, what fails to impress you? What disappoints you about those results? In what way your ancestry is mixed according to your known family history? How it differs from your results?

Mixed
12-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Can you give any clues to us, what fails to impress you? What disappoints you about those results? In what way your ancestry is mixed according to your known family history? How it differs from your results?

Something I noticed. I was getting A LOT of Slavic matches but as they added more some disappeared cold turkey. Then I started to get Mid Eastern matches. Once they switched over to the new experience most of them disappeared. It was very odd and the new experience sucks. A pain to navigate.

ArmandoR1b
12-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Something I noticed. I was getting A LOT of Slavic matches but as they added more some disappeared cold turkey. Then I started to get Mid Eastern matches. Once they switched over to the new experience most of them disappeared. It was very odd and the new experience sucks. A pain to navigate.That doesn't have anything to do with the compisition results.

Mixed
12-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Another area where I think they estimated too low is the Finnish. I have several matches on all three services.