PDA

View Full Version : Release Note: WeGene 2016.12.14

cgcs
12-15-2016, 03:43 AM
Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese site, including:

1. A much more robust ancestry composition analysis algorithm is applied. Also a few extra regions had been added, and reference samples have been improved. The new ancestry composition is available in both our Chinese and English sites.

2. Neanderthal composition ratio is available now. Our algorithm is different from 23andme's algorithm, so the result is a little bit different.

3. DNA Relative - this is a long expected feature, basically the results of level 1-9 represents the closeness of two people on genetic level. A level 8-9 typically only represents one or two small segments shared by 2 people.

4. Contents in other reports (traits, risks, etc.) are also updated.

We are planning for the new release of our English site. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks for all your interest and we will keep improving our services.

WeGene Team

BalkanKiwi
12-15-2016, 04:08 AM
I've made this a sticky thread in order for these updates to be easily found. :)

jortita
12-15-2016, 04:17 AM
I would really appreciate your help, as I had requested for my Ancestry DNA data to be deleted so that I can upload it by downloading the latest data. However, since the last week or so whenever I try to upload I get an error message that the data had already been uploaded or the user had asked for it to be deleted. I do realise my mistake, however I would be extremely grateful if you could please enable me to upload

vettor
12-15-2016, 04:28 AM
Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese site, including:

1. A much more robust ancestry composition analysis algorithm is applied. Also a few extra regions had been added, and reference samples have been improved. The new ancestry composition is available in both our Chinese and English sites.

2. Neanderthal composition ratio is available now. Our algorithm is different from 23andme's algorithm, so the result is a little bit different.

3. DNA Relative - this is a long expected feature, basically the results of level 1-9 represents the closeness of two people on genetic level. A level 8-9 typically only represents one or two small segments shared by 2 people.

We are planning for the new release of our English site. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

WeGene Team

Thanks

Can you give the split up for each of the names for the ancestry part, ie, what does Hungarian represent......what other nations is with Hungarian? ......., what does Sardinia represent etc etc..........

cgcs
12-15-2016, 05:37 AM
I would really appreciate your help, as I had requested for my Ancestry DNA data to be deleted so that I can upload it by downloading the latest data. However, since the last week or so whenever I try to upload I get an error message that the data had already been uploaded or the user had asked for it to be deleted. I do realise my mistake, however I would be extremely grateful if you could please enable me to upload

Could you please send an email to [email protected] for this?

jortita
12-15-2016, 06:33 AM
Thank you very much

Theconqueror
12-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Are you still expecting to allow for FTDNA uploads?

jortita
01-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Most of the changes in this release are only available on our Chinese

site, including:

WeGene Team

Wegene team, I had written to your helpdesk and never received a response. My query related to seeking assistance in checking my results as I am show- as being 4.9% southern han Chinese ancestry when I have no Chinese ancestry. Could this be my whom ancestry which is a mix of daiic and thai ancestry being interpreted as southern han Chinese. As a reference, the Thai ahom in Assam originate from the Dai people of Dehong Dai. Thank you for your help