PDA

View Full Version : What is your known ancestry?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
12-22-2016, 10:37 PM
The main focus of this thread is to talk about and reveal your ancestral roots.

I am mostly Kenyan with South Asian, North African and Yemeni ancestry. I have a family tree which goes back 8 generations that tells me this...

The_Lyonnist
12-24-2016, 12:30 AM
2/3 celt - 1/3 germanic

Darko
12-24-2016, 10:48 PM
My father's ancestors probably came to Tunisia from Syria (from which region of Syria? I am looking for old family documents And I am in the process of collecting information) as for my maternal ancestors they came from southern Morocco

A Norfolk L-M20
12-24-2016, 11:58 PM
I'm localised SE English. I have over 250 recorded ancestors in my family tree, stretching back in places 330 years. All are South-East English, and around 75-80% are East Anglian. Seven out of eight of my great grandparents were born in Norfolk. My paternal line was the exception, and I trace it back to the Thames Valley, on the Oxfordshire and Berkshire border. My mother has 134 recorded direct ancestors, all East Anglian, all but one distant line (Suffolk) born in Norfolk, many concentrated in East Norfolk. My ancestors were overwhelmingly East Anglian rural working class - agricultural labourers and their families. The descendants without a doubt of the East English medieval peasantry.

My Father's mapped ancestry:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13309&d=1482623770

My mother's mapped ancestry:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13310&d=1482623803

I'm a Western Eurasian.

Deftextra
12-25-2016, 12:24 AM
I am from a mixed community in somalia called Benadiri's. We reside mainly in the benadir regions coatal towns and citys and are compromised of many different clans and subclans which claim ancestry from arabia, persia, central-asia and south-asia. Some clans are very specific about their ancestry, like the clan my mothers fathers side belongs to all claim yemeni ancestry. We also have too varying degrees, ancestry (0-15% I have noticed from people so far) from our histrical interaction with the Swhalli people. For example, the bravaneese people from brawa speak Chimwiini a variant of the swahilli language.

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
12-25-2016, 12:37 AM
I am from a mixed community in somalia called Benadiri's. We reside mainly in the benadir regions coatal towns and citys and are compromised of many different clans and subclans which claim ancestry from arabia, persia, central-asia and south-asia. Some clans are very specific about their ancestry, like the clan my mothers fathers side belongs to all claim yemeni ancestry. We also have too varying degrees, ancestry (0-15% I have noticed from people so far) from our histrical interaction with the Swhalli people. For example, the bravaneese people from brawa speak Chimwiini a variant of the swahilli language.

What about the Bajuni or Gunya people from Lamu do you have any relations to them? I have an grandmother who is from Lamu but lives in Mombasa and claims to be Bajuni.

Deftextra
12-25-2016, 12:59 AM
What about the Bajuni or Gunya people from Lamu do you have any relations to them? I have an grandmother who is from Lamu but lives in Mombasa and claims to be Bajuni.

I remeber asking my mother about the bajuni people when first starting out (Trying to find out where my SEA scores where comming from). She only spoke in recognisation of them and telling that they are a different peoples. But she confesed that she doesn't know much about our ancestry and I never got around to asking more about this. But who knows, it would not be too far fetched to think that somewhere in the past some intraction might have happened.

Jenny
12-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Mostly Finn with English and Polish 1/4 each. My DNA and genealogy are in perfect accord!

JohnHowellsTyrfro
12-26-2016, 05:49 PM
Nearly all my ancestry over the last 200-300 years has come from close to the Wales/England border. I would guess about two thirds celtic or pre-celtic with about one third Anglo/Saxon and other odds and ends. :) If I knew the complete answer to that one, I would be here. :) John

afbarwaaqo
06-25-2018, 12:49 AM
100% ethnic somali

Abd.H
06-25-2018, 03:13 AM
My father's ancestors probably came to Tunisia from Syria (from which region of Syria? I am looking for old family documents And I am in the process of collecting information)
Do you know in which period the migration happened ?

drobbah
06-25-2018, 03:18 AM
100% Northern Somali but I probably have some Oromo blood via Akisho/Jaarso community

Angoliga
06-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Various tribes within and around the West-Nile region of Uganda

My mother's a Kakwa, father's an Aringa and maternal grandmother had roots from the Maracha. My paternal grandmother has maternal ancestry from the Kuku in the South-Sudan; there was a story of distant "Arab" ancestry on this line but no modern Eurasian ancestry has been detected -- I'm guessing this was either an old wives tale or a S.Sudanese Baggara Arab whose Eurasian ancestry can be variably minimal.