PDA

View Full Version : ftdna and gedmatch

Missouri1455
12-31-2016, 06:10 PM
I read somewhere earlier this year; that ftdna was looking to sue gedmatch for privacy reasons, does anyone know if they still have issues with each other? and would that affect our transfer for autosomal results from ftdna to gedmatch?

C J Wyatt III
12-31-2016, 06:41 PM
I read somewhere earlier this year; that ftdna was looking to sue gedmatch for privacy reasons, does anyone know if they still have issues with each other? and would that affect our transfer for autosomal results from ftdna to gedmatch?

GEDmatch made some changes so I think they got it worked out. If anyone knows differently, I'd be curious.

The transfer from FTDNA I believe was only temporarily suspended.

Jack

ArmandoR1b
12-31-2016, 07:17 PM
FTDNA sent a cease and desist letter to Gedmatch until they changed the kit number at Gedmatch to be different from the FTDNA account number because some people complained that their Gedmatch account and email could be tied back to their FTDNA account. Initially Gedmatch stated that it would be too hard to change the kit number at Gedmatch but in the end they did it without a hiccup after a few days or a week of getting the letter. The process of changing the kit numbers was done in one day if I remember correctly. Once the kit numbers were changed then uploads were allowed to resume since that is all that FTDNA wanted.