PDA

View Full Version : Geno 2.0 Next Gen vs. Geno 2.0 Next Gen/Helix

Kylo_Ren
01-17-2017, 12:27 AM
My understanding is that in the U.S. right now only a Geno 2.0/Helix kit can be purchased. Do you think there are any differences in the regional ancestry estimates between Geno 2.0 with FTDNA vs. Geno 2.0 with Helix?

Geno 2.0 with Helix tests over 200,000 SNPs and Geno 2.0 with FTDNA Labs test around 600,000-700,000. Although, Helix is using the new Exome sequencing.

I have yet to see any results comparisons between the two or if one gives a higher resolution ancestral estimate breakdown than the other.

wombatofthenorth
01-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Yeah I really don't know. I don't know when or if they will let you download raw data from the Helix version either.
No clue when the long mentioned ancestry update and expansion will occur for everyone at this point now either.

Kylo_Ren
01-17-2017, 03:20 AM
Yeah I really don't know. I don't know when or if they will let you download raw data from the Helix version either.
No clue when the long mentioned ancestry update and expansion will occur for everyone at this point now either.

Do you know where this update was mentioned?

wombatofthenorth
01-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Do you know where this update was mentioned?

It was mentioned at some DNA conferences. It's also been mentioned on the web, i don't recall the links. I think some of the Geno pages themselves had mentioned it.
Don't recall if the FTDNA pages ever officially did or not.

Celt_??
05-03-2017, 05:11 PM
I emailed Helix directly a couple days ago about what regions they could report. This is their email reply:

"Thank you for reaching out. Helix is a platform that sequences DNA 100 time more data than any other consumer genetics laboratory available!

The way our platform works is that Helix sequences and securely stores your genetic data. You gain information and analysis via our partners.

As of our product launch on 11/21/2016, National Geographic's Geno 2.0 Next Generation Project is the only product currently available. This is a deep look at your distant ancestral history and migration patterns. Because this is look at your ancestry from 200,000 - 500 years ago, the Geno 2.0 Project does not make any accessorial connections with anyone alive today. Please see the link below if you have any other questions about the Geno 2.0 Project:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

As more partner products become available through our platform, you will be able to learn more about yourself and your genetic makeup. Please stay posted for future products coming in 2017.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 844-211-2070. Thank you,
Helix Customer Care"