PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia?

firemonkey
01-19-2017, 09:29 AM
After clicking on a link at My heritage re their dna kit I very soon after got a phone call offering a reduced price on the kit.
I went through the process up to request for credit card details and then thought how did they get my phone number. My address is not listed on their site neither is my phone number.

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/02036706418

firemonkey
01-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Now they have rung about a dozen times! I have not answered but the answering machine gives the same number each time.
I do have an account with them but as said no address or phone number listed in my account details.

It's a sad facet of modern life that one has to be ultra wary of possible phone scams.

Oleg (Rus)
01-19-2017, 09:51 AM
They wrote me an email after I looked at some details about their subsciption plans, but I haven't recieved any phone calls. I actually have an account there, so they know my email without spying. Your case gets me worried - I doubt the quality of their products after such advertising...

firemonkey
01-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Not impressed by the hard sell but got an email from support at my heritage dot com saying we had been disconnected. Links to My heritage's site and blog were given. Went through the order process on my laptop and woman on phone confirmed the offer had gone through.
Checked, to see it is now saying " Ethnicity estimate" under the dna tab.