PDA

View Full Version : U4c2a

Connell Warrior
01-27-2017, 08:32 PM
I did my full sequence test at FTDNA early last year and they put me as U4c2, I recently had a report done on my results by Dr Ann Turner, this cost $55 but is very interesting and also now I can put my results on to GenBank. There are only 3 other U4c2a people on there out of 32000 and they seem to be Eastern European. I'm of Irish ancestry, I have emailed all my 9 matches to see if they have the mutation 16261T as that would mean they are U4c2a rather than U4c2 which FTDNA classes us all at. I'm sure more information will come as more people get tested. Strangely my Y DNA is fairly rare too, only three of us together on the Big Tree.
Paul

St. Pierre
05-29-2017, 05:49 PM
Hi Connell Warrior, I also was positive for U4c2a at 23andMe, WeGene, Gedmatch and thru James Lick's mtdna haplogroup analysis. My family has been in the US and Canada for 300-400 years and were all from France/Belgium/Switzerland but a few from England and 1 from Portugal. Does anybody know of any research done on the history of this haplogroup, there doesn't seem to be much info on this haplogroup? thanks

Connell Warrior
03-19-2018, 02:58 PM
St Pierre,
I have noticed that most of my matches, there are only a few, seem to come from around Poland and Northern Europe, Sweden that sort of area, my line is Irish back a couple of hundred years at least, but the Poland area is where I think they originated.
Paul

St. Pierre
06-06-2018, 06:36 PM
My maternal line were in Bretagne, France in the late 16th century which is in the NW part of France but before that I don't know.