PDA

View Full Version : K1a1b1f

LauraHolland
02-18-2017, 06:50 PM
I was assigned this haplogroup by LivingDNA, they give a bit of info and say the highest distribution is Ashkenazi Jewish, though there is no documented proof of that on my maternal line.

Is this a haplogroup anyone has come across or knows more about? Not much if I google.

Camulogène Rix
02-18-2017, 07:08 PM
I was assigned this haplogroup by LivingDNA, they give a bit of info and say the highest distribution is Ashkenazi Jewish, though there is no documented proof of that on my maternal line.

Is this a haplogroup anyone has come across or knows more about? Not much if I google.

The most updated article I got on haplogroup K. Hope it helps.
http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3543

J1 DYS388=13
02-18-2017, 07:32 PM
If Living DNA said that about K1a1b1f, that is not supported by the academic literature. Or did Living DNA say something like "the highest distribution of some types of K is Ashkenazi"? 23andMe and FTDNA are ambiguous that way. It leads people astray.

LauraHolland
02-21-2017, 11:21 PM
If Living DNA said that about K1a1b1f, that is not supported by the academic literature. Or did Living DNA say something like "the highest distribution of some types of K is Ashkenazi"? 23andMe and FTDNA are ambiguous that way. It leads people astray.

This is what it says on LivingDNA for me...

J1 DYS388=13
02-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Good. That's a map and percentages for haplogroup K, not your specific branch K1a1b1f. So you were right to be skeptical.

You might want to complain to Living DNA about that. Living DNA will confuse people just as FTDNA and 23andMe do.