PDA

View Full Version : karl marx haplogroup j1 ???

kingjohn
02-19-2017, 08:10 PM
2 jewish familes
with the surname marx .....
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33601-Karl-Marx-may-have-belonged-to-Y-haplogroup-J1?p=502068#post502068
best regards
adam

Agamemnon
02-19-2017, 09:37 PM
G-d no, that sounds awful, anyone but Marx please.

Camulogène Rix
02-19-2017, 10:00 PM
G-d no, that sounds awful, anyone but Marx please.

Do you prefer Groucho Marx:biggrin1:?

rms2
02-19-2017, 10:01 PM
If that is right, thank God he wasn't R1b.

We have Hitler as E1b1b, Stalin as G2a, and Napoleon as E1b1b.

We're doing okay. :biggrin1:

rms2
02-19-2017, 10:02 PM

Oh, yes. Groucho was a comic genius.

Karl Marx was an idiot who caused the deaths of millions of people and untold heartache.

Agamemnon
02-19-2017, 10:08 PM

I can live with that, on the bright side seems Dustin Hoffman (who looked exactly like my father when he was younger) has the exact same paternal lineage as myself (Z18271), gives Marathon Man a whole new twist for me at least... "C'est sans danger" :lol:

But I'd say it's quite likely Karl Marx was J1, probably even Z18271 like Dustin Hoffman, he was descended from a line of rabbis after all... Unfortunately so.

rms2
02-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Engels might have been R1b, and that is bad enough. I hope he was I-M253 instead.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/INGLE/default.aspx?section=yresults

ADW_1981
02-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Although I'm politically right and pro-small business, I don't mind Karl Marx, despite the monsters who followed in his footsteps. In modern North America, the working classes are pampered and unions hold far too much power. This is a sharp contrast to the exploitation of the blue collar workers of industralizing London where a good many of my ancestors came from. I definitely understand how communism came into fruition, at least in theory.

rms2, did Marx really "cause" anything though? Individuals need to be responsible for their actions. It's like suggesting Jesus caused the deaths of millions in the name of Christianity. The working class in England was exploited a very long time.

Anabasis
02-20-2017, 02:29 AM
Oh, yes. Groucho was a comic genius.

Karl Marx was an idiot who caused the deaths of millions of people and untold heartache.

I call our forum admins to remind forum rules. Please think twice when write something.

konian lusitanum
12-01-2019, 07:38 AM
rules ? ANCESTRY DO NOT HAVE RULES ha ha ha ha

rms2
12-01-2019, 01:44 PM
I call our forum admins to remind forum rules. Please think twice when write something.

Having thought about it, I'd say Karl Marx was an idiot who caused the deaths and suffering of millions.

And, yes, he was ultimately responsible.

Artmar
12-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Having thought about it, I'd say Karl Marx was an idiot who caused the deaths and suffering of millions.

I think that people have already suffered a lot before so-called communism happened and because of that Marx's ideas became really attractive to the working classes and proletarian intelectualists at some point. I don't think these ideas were ever fully implemented though.

Many people say it in a humouristic context but yes, I personally think that there was never a real communism. Communism can't be a totalitarian regime led by a political party elite, because even its name implies that something should be common. The workering classes never ever owned the means of production as wished by Marx, never even in Soviet Russia or China. Marx clearly demanded a blood though.

Anabasis
12-16-2019, 07:43 AM

Oh oke smart boy.