PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to I-F2735 at YFull?

JMcB
02-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know what happened to I-F2735 at Yfull? It was on their tree in 1/16 but seems to have disappeared.

1/16

Now

It's on FTDNA's tree

lgmayka
02-21-2017, 03:31 AM
Your second screenshot shows the problem. F2735 occurs at two different places within R, so R-F2735 would be ambiguous.

JMcB
02-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Your second screenshot shows the problem. F2735 occurs at two different places within R, so R-F2735 would be ambiguous.

Hello Igmayka,

Thank you for your reply. I did notice that but to be honest it just added to my confusion because I-F2735 is an I1 SNP whose discovery dates back to around 2013 and has been recognized as one since then. Hence, FTDNA places it below I-Y7198 and YFull had it on their I1 tree back in 2016. Plus, there is a person I know of who is I-F2735 and was discovered as such a few years back. Although, to the best of my knowledge he hasn't submitted his results to YFull.

So, to clarify, are you saying that Yfull now considers it to be ambiguous because they're seeing it show up in the R & O Haplogroups and therefore it is no longer considered to be a valid I1 SNP?

As an addendum; In my results - I am negative for F2735 - YFull gives it three stars under the heading: Known SNPs at this position: F2735 3 Stars

Anyway, thank you again for your time and input. I had a feeling that you would be the one to reply

lgmayka
02-21-2017, 09:34 PM
So, to clarify, are you saying that Yfull now considers it to be ambiguous because they're seeing it show up in the R & O Haplogroups and therefore it is no longer considered to be a valid I1 SNP?

As an addendum; In my results - I am negative for F2735 - YFull gives it three stars under the heading: Known SNPs at this position: F2735 3 Stars
I'm sorry--I didn't notice that you were referring to its occurrence in haplogroup I, an occurrence that YFull has never seen. I answered the wrong question.

Now I'm just guessing. Perhaps YFull decided that because they have never seen its occurrence, they don't know exactly where to put it.

JMcB
02-22-2017, 04:55 AM
I'm sorry--I didn't notice that you were referring to its occurrence in haplogroup I, an occurrence that YFull has never seen. I answered the wrong question.

Now I'm just guessing. Perhaps YFull decided that because they have never seen its occurrence, they don't know exactly where to put it.

Certainly understandable considering my middle screen shot only references R&O. I'm waiting for them to respond to a question I have concerning my own results, so maybe I'll slip in a question about this also. Unfortunately, they're not very good at responding to emails, so we'll see.

Thanks again.

R1b
11-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Dear JMcB,

Were you able to figure out the answer to your question re: I-F2735?

FTDNA lists in their public tree a kit that is R1b-R-M153>R-CTS2142>R-F2735 with French patrilineal heritage. YFull still shows I-F2735, so indeed it is ambiguous.

JMcB
11-08-2019, 04:15 AM
Dear JMcB,

Were you able to figure out the answer to your question re: I-F2735?

FTDNA lists in their public tree a kit that is R1b-R-M153>R-CTS2142>R-F2735 with French patrilineal heritage. YFull still shows I-F2735, so indeed it is ambiguous.

Hello R1b,

To be honest, I gave up on the question soon thereafter. I1-F2735 is a subclade on FT’s public tree just under I-Y7198, with two members in the branch. One is French and the other is from the Netherlands. At the time, I was interested in it’s TMRCA because I remembered Ken Nordtvedt had estimated it’s date to approximately 300 AD, very soon after it was originally discovered. So I was hoping to find out what YFull’s view was. At any rate, as Nordtvedt’s date seems to fit well with the current dating of the subclades found within I-Y7198 aka I-Y3647(@ YFull), I left it at that. Unfortunately, neither of the two F2735 members ever sent their results to YFull, so we don’t know how they would date it. As for R1b aspect of the question, I’m afraid I didn’t pay much attention to it.