PDA

View Full Version : Results from Argyll or Glasgow ?

NewAlbion
02-28-2017, 05:05 AM
Does anyone have access to ancestryDNA results from Argyll and/or Glasgow Scotland ? If so could you post it ?

MacUalraig
03-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have access to ancestryDNA results from Argyll and/or Glasgow Scotland ? If so could you post it ?

Only just seen this. I have Glasgow ancestry - Paterson ggm and Dow ggms both born there in 1850s. Their spouses (and both gps) were natives of Lennoxtown which is just outside Glasgow. Are you after admixture results or what? GEDMatch ids in my sig.

Of course 'Glasgow DNA' is a bit of a nebulous thing given its rapid and fairly recent expansion.

NewAlbion
06-12-2017, 03:53 AM
Only just seen this. I have Glasgow ancestry - Paterson ggm and Dow ggms both born there in 1850s. Their spouses (and both gps) were natives of Lennoxtown which is just outside Glasgow. Are you after admixture results or what? GEDMatch ids in my sig.

Of course 'Glasgow DNA' is a bit of a nebulous thing given its rapid and fairly recent expansion.

Yeah, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am American but have Irish, Southwest German (Alsace-lorraine), Scottish and English ancestry. I am thinking my ancestry mix might be very similar to Argyll-Bhute since the Irish and Scottish are closely related. Scots just have more Germanic and Anglo-Saxon admixture but not as much as the English. Mary Queen of Scots had ancestry from Lorraine. Dodecad V3, from GEDmatch, has my highest single population match at Argyll. The new AncestryDNA genetic communities has me as Ulster Irish but the people of Ulster and Scotland are closely related.

I was after admixture results I will check out your GEDmatch kits results, thanks for the reply.

BTW, my Gedmatch kit no. is A703943 n case you want it.