PDA

View Full Version : R1b-Z2103/Z2105 Subclade Predictions using NEVGEN



Webb
03-01-2017, 06:22 PM
The NEVGEN subclade predictor is able to predict Z2103. Please see the thread under U152 for the website link. I do not know how accurate the Z2103 predictions are, but it is able to predict this clade and down stream clades, anyway.

nick1234
03-13-2017, 04:42 AM
This worked for me. Nevgen succesfully predicted that I was most likely to belong to the Z2103-Z2106 subclade (though with a 42% probability). SNP testing at Family Tree DNA revealed that I tested as positive for Z2109 (a subgroup of Z2106)

Joe B
03-13-2017, 04:31 PM
This worked for me. Nevgen succesfully predicted that I was most likely to belong to the Z2103-Z2106 subclade (though with a 42% probability). SNP testing at Family Tree DNA revealed that I tested as positive for Z2109 (a subgroup of Z2106)Welcome to Anthrogenica. There are several branches down stream to R1b-Z2108, Z2109. If you haven't already, please join the R1b Basal Subclades project. https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-1b-basal-subclades/about
A 42% confidence rate for predicting R1b-Z2103 is about as good as you will get with a haplogroup predicting program. It's a tough call sometimes without considering ethnicity, geography or some crazy STR signature.

Silesian
03-13-2017, 04:49 PM
This worked for me. Nevgen succesfully predicted that I was most likely to belong to the Z2103-Z2106 subclade (though with a 42% probability). SNP testing at Family Tree DNA revealed that I tested as positive for Z2109 (a subgroup of Z2106)
Welcome to the forum. Yamnaya samples, as well as the newly released Sarmatian, are also positive for z2109 level.

nick1234
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Hi Joe. Thanks for the welcome. I thought the predictor did a pretty good job! Yes, I'm already a member of the project at FTDNA. I recently ordered the Big Y test so it will be interesting to see what comes of that.

nick1234
03-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Hi Silesian. Thanks for the welcome. I did see in the FDNA group that the Yamnaya samples are linked to KMS67. Interesting - what do you think it means for the other branches of Z2109 (that aren't KMS67)?

Also, I just noticed that the NEVGEN haplogroup predictor has been updated. You can not only choose predictions based on a known SNP, you can also use Z2106 as one of those SNPs. My new prediction according to Nevgen is R-BY250, though admittedly with a ~1% probability, and a ~99% chance of belonging to an unsupported subclade. I don't really know what to make of the fitness scores though.

Edit: There are only two other predictions ranked below R-BY250, both with probability of 0%, and similar though slightly lower fitness scores: R-Y5587 and R-BY611A (R-Y10789). They all belong to R-CTS1450 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-CTS1450/), so putting aside the current probability scores, I'm starting to think I might land somewhere deeper in that group.

nick1234
04-13-2017, 11:49 PM
I got my Big Y results today. I'm now listed as R-BY19752. As predicted by Nevgen, it's a subclade of R-BY250.

Joe B
04-14-2017, 12:36 AM
I got my Big Y results today. I'm now listed as R-BY19752. As predicted by Nevgen, it's a subclade of R-BY250. Congratulations on getting your results. The R1b-BY250 haplogroup has a lot of eager participants and is seeing some development. Please consider submitting your BAM file to YFull in addition to the R1b Basal Subclades project. Thanks.
https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-BY250/

Silesian
04-14-2017, 02:23 AM
I got my Big Y results today. I'm now listed as R-BY19752. As predicted by Nevgen, it's a subclade of R-BY250.
Great news! Here is your entry for yfull-
https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y19752/
your TMRCA 3300 ybp+/- and you share the same snp with an entry from Norway[Akershus]:)

nick1234
04-15-2017, 04:45 AM
Thanks Joe. I have requested my BAM file and will definitely submit to Sergey for analysis. I am also considering submitting it to yfull - what benefits would this have?

Gino
04-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Hi Nick YFull will do an in-depth analysis of your BAM file which will provide a valuable cross check to the analysis done by Sergey. In addition they will provide you with over 400 STRs beyond the 111 provided by FTDNA. If you join the R1b-BY250 project at FTDNA, we will pay for the YFull analysis. If you are interested let me know and I will give you further information.

nick1234
04-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Hi Gino..
First of all, thank you for the offer for assistance with the YFull analysis! No worries this time - I ordered it a few days ago and I'm just waiting on it to be processed.
I'm already a member of the BY250 project, but will join you in the relevant group at YFull when results come in.