PDA

View Full Version : DNA.Land Results - Mexican (Half Euro-Mexican/Half Mestizo) Ancestry

lwell
03-02-2017, 04:23 AM
I have my DNA.Land Results from my AncestryDNA raw data and I am still a bit surprised to see so much more Southern European than Native American or Iberian/SouthWestern European. Other thing I find curious is the Arab/Egyptian.

From what I know, my father is a second generation Mexican with French/Basque/Spanish/MiscEuro Roots. I also know generations back his family converted to Christianity from Judaism. Could this account for that? Without his DNA results back yet, I'm not sure who I am getting what from however. My mom is a mixed Native/Spanish norm for Mexico, I would say.

kingjohn
03-02-2017, 04:34 PM
your arab/egyption is 1.1%
extremely low
mexicans have some sefhardic anusim ancestery i have matches with them in gedmatch ...
ftdna and dna land don't have sefhardic refrence so we can't know what here is sefhardic
but dna tribes do
cool results
and
best regards
adam

lwell
03-02-2017, 05:11 PM
your arab/egyption is 1.1%
extremely low
mexicans have some sefhardic anusim ancestery i have matches with them in gedmatch ...
ftdna and dna land don't have sefhardic refrence so we can't know what here is sefhardic
but dna tribes do
cool results
and
best regards
adam

It is very low; even at AncestryDNA it is only at 2% North African. And of my four siblings, I am the one that scores lowest (though we are all under 15%).

Agamemnon
03-03-2017, 01:39 AM
Low Med. islander and Arab/Egyptian, whatever Jewish ancestry you might have is either very diluted or imaginary to begin with it seems. You're 1/4th Amerindian though, that's quite substantial to be honest.

Shadogowah
03-03-2017, 09:46 AM
My totally subjective opinion is that your mother besides contributing with that native american 25%, she also provided you with the North/Southwestern European and Mediterranean islander with her Spanish genes while your dad is the responsible of that South European contribution (This category name looks like it does not correspond to what you would identify as "Southern Europe"). Despite you mention french and basque origin, I'd say he seems to have more of an Eastern European profile that correspond to the so mentioned Jewish ethnicity. I assume you added a Bulgarian flag to your profile for a reason.

The small bits of Arabic and African could come from both sides.

kingjohn
03-03-2017, 12:09 PM
if lwell
is part bulgarian{judjing by the flag} that would explain his balkan
and maybe even some of his south central european
which is a southern european components
regards
adam

lwell
03-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Low Med. islander and Arab/Egyptian, whatever Jewish ancestry you might have is either very diluted or imaginary to begin with it seems. You're 1/4th Amerindian though, that's quite substantial to be honest.

Tend to agree, though my youngest sibling scores 15%. In general, I just don't know where it comes from. The supposed Jewish-to-Christian convert is my GG grandparent on my fathers mothers side, no other info.

I'm not sure I understand your comment on the 1/4 Amerindian. I was expecting it to rank higher than South European or South Western European.

lwell
03-03-2017, 03:54 PM
if lwell
is part bulgarian{judjing by the flag} that would explain his balkan
and maybe even some of his south central european
which is a southern european components
regards
adam

I am allegedly part Bulgarian according to dad. But he is a poor historian and can't think of why his family believes so. And while I romanticize this idea because it's what I express most in phenotype, I have yet to come across Bulgarian ancestors on his side... :(

Waiting for his results and my grandfathers to see if I can actually get a better picture of his side.

Grossvater
03-03-2017, 04:18 PM
I have my DNA.Land Results from my AncestryDNA raw data and I am still a bit surprised to see so much more Southern European than Native American or Iberian/SouthWestern European. Other thing I find curious is the Arab/Egyptian.

From what I know, my father is a second generation Mexican with French/Basque/Spanish/MiscEuro Roots. I also know generations back his family converted to Christianity from Judaism. Could this account for that? Without his DNA results back yet, I'm not sure who I am getting what from however. My mom is a mixed Native/Spanish norm for Mexico, I would say.

I am curious as to what part of Mexico your family originates. These results look Northern Mexican to me....Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, or Coahuila states.

lwell
03-03-2017, 04:43 PM
I am curious as to what part of Mexico your family originates. These results look Northern Mexican to me....Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, or Coahuila states.

Jalisco.

crossover
03-06-2017, 12:44 AM
did middle eastern show up on your ancestrydna results? also dna.land tends to overestimate balkan in some individuals such as my grandpa.

lwell
03-09-2017, 01:49 AM
did middle eastern show up on your ancestrydna results? also dna.land tends to overestimate balkan in some individuals such as my grandpa.

Yes, it did. Under West Asia I show:

Middle East 3%
Caucasus 2%

Posting a photo in just a moment. Also, after reviewing the profiles for your parents, I was wondering what your own results look like too!

crossover
03-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Yes, it did. Under West Asia I show:

Middle East 3%
Caucasus 2%

Posting a photo in just a moment. Also, after reviewing the profiles for your parents, I was wondering what your own results look like too!

I haven't tested with ancestry myself, but i have done a genesforgood test.

Bobby Martnen
09-24-2017, 11:51 PM
Isn't anything less than 3% likely to be noise anyway?

crossover
09-28-2017, 04:54 AM
Isn't anything less than 3% likely to be noise anyway?

well usually, values under 3% are probably related to another larger category i.e. op's caucasus % on ancestry is likely to actually be middle eastern instead

Dnaexplorer321
07-22-2018, 02:08 PM
So you uploaded your AncestryDNA raw data file to DNA.Land and still got West African: "Low Niger Valley: 1.8%"? I got 0%. Your AncestryDNA results said you were: "Mali 1%, Senegal <1%, Ivory Coast/Ghana <1%". That's the same as mine only switch the Senegal with Nigeria and the Ivory Coast/Ghana with Africa Southeastern Bantu. And we have the same Sub-Saharan African percentage on 23andme: "2.9%". Strange. Or did you take the actual 23andme test instead of uploading your AncestryDNA raw data file to 23andme? It's cool that you got India and Oceania on 23andme because that's kind of rare for Mexicans. I think your Oceania is showing up as Amazonian on DNA.Land.

I actually like the layout of DNA.Land the best. The results also feel more in tune with what I know about my family and how I feel. I hope it gets an update soon.

My results for reference: anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?14843-Is-DNA-Land-accurate-with-West-African-ancestry

Anyone know where I can find more examples like OP's and mine?