PDA

View Full Version : DNA Land result

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Hi

I have uploaded my raw data to DNA Land. The result was as follows,

The result was a surprise to me. It varies drastically from Geno2.0 NG and some gedmatch calculators which I posted while back here.
http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8928-My-Geno-2-0-NextGen-Results-(-Yemeni)

The Raw date I uploaded to DNA Land was obtained from Ftdna (after transferring from Geno)
Which one do you think is more accurate ?

King
03-03-2017, 08:53 AM
How does it vary from your gedmatch results? It seems consistent to me. Unless you were thrown off by the proportions of the scores on gedmatch, in which case, I have to inform you that gedmatch scores are inflated/deflated due to the phenomenon of the calculator effect: http://bga101.blogspot.ca/2012/05/beware-calculator-effect.html & http://dodecad.blogspot.ca/2012/08/on-so-called-calculator-effect.html

As for National Geographic, their results are meek. For example, you're not 11% Jewish. Rather those components have significant overlap with one another.

Anyways, I think the results from DNA Land is probably the most accurate result for you.

Morges
03-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Geno's results are not that good imo, the Jewish Diaspora is founded all over the world basically according to them. It's instead perfect about haplogroups but for ancestry composition 23andme is the best. Anyway your DNA Land is consistent to your position, the East African admixture is not a surprise for a Yemeni afaik, Saudis instead are less African admixed in many results I've seen.

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 09:41 AM
How does it vary from your gedmatch results? It seems consistent to me. Unless you were thrown off by the proportions of the scores on gedmatch, in which case, I have to inform you that gedmatch scores are inflated/deflated due to the phenomenon of the calculator effect: http://bga101.blogspot.ca/2012/05/beware-calculator-effect.html & http://dodecad.blogspot.ca/2012/08/on-so-called-calculator-effect.html

As for National Geographic, their results are meek. For example, you're not 11% Jewish. Rather those components have significant overlap with one another.

Anyways, I think the results from DNA Land is probably the most accurate result for you.

Thanks for your clarification. It didn't seem consistent to me with other results, for example most of Gedmatch calc. and Geno gives me around 10% east African, however, it is not the case here. It is only around 4%.
I think I will take ancestrydna to compare.

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Geno's results are not that good imo, the Jewish Diaspora is founded all over the world basically according to them. It's instead perfect about haplogroups but for ancestry composition 23andme is the best. Anyway your DNA Land is consistent to your position, the East African admixture is not a surprise for a Yemeni afaik, Saudis instead are less African admixed in many results I've seen.
It is not only about Jewish Diaspora. The percentage of east and north african are not the same. They are much less. I may have to take 23andme or ancestrydna to have a good picture.

kingjohn
03-03-2017, 12:15 PM
do you score east african
in ftdna my origins ?
best regards
adam

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 05:47 PM
do you score east african
in ftdna my origins ?
best regards
adam

Ftdna my origin gives the same result as geno2.0 NG. I guess because I transfer from geno. Maybe if I do a new test with them, it would be different.

hman92
03-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Hi

I have uploaded my raw data to DNA Land. The result was as follows,

The result was a surprise to me. It varies drastically from Geno2.0 NG and some gedmatch calculators which I posted while back here.
http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?8928-My-Geno-2-0-NextGen-Results-(-Yemeni)

The Raw date I uploaded to DNA Land was obtained from Ftdna (after transferring from Geno)
Which one do you think is more accurate ?

Interesting results; Dna.Land tends to show the focus of where you percentages might head; so in your case; if you use 23andme/ancestrydna your african % will most likely be lower than 6.6%; and north african be lower than 3.5%; these dna.land results are pretty much based on your geno 2.0 results; and geno 2.0 NG ethnic percentages are calculated differently than ftdna, 23andme, and ancestrydna; so you should give dna.land another try once you get your 23andme/ancestrydna results because the dna.land percentages will most likely change if you base it on 23andme/ancestrydna

Gedmatch, they combine ancient and recent admixture together thats why their percentages differ from other companies.

Example: if you get sizeable african/european/asian/etc percentages on gedmatch yet such ethnicites go completly missing/undetected with other dna companies, this will mean that the sizeable % you got on gedmatch is more of an ancient admixture rather than a recent one.

Regards

Akra20m
03-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Interesting results; Dna.Land tends to show the focus of where you percentages might head; so in your case; if you use 23andme/ancestrydna your african % will most likely be lower than 6.6%; and north african be lower than 3.5%; these dna.land results are pretty much based on your geno 2.0 results; and geno 2.0 NG ethnic percentages are calculated differently than ftdna, 23andme, and ancestrydna; so you should give dna.land another try once you get your 23andme/ancestrydna results because the dna.land percentages will most likely change if you base it on 23andme/ancestrydna

Gedmatch, they combine ancient and recent admixture together thats why their percentages differ from other companies.

Example: if you get sizeable african/european/asian/etc percentages on gedmatch yet such ethnicites go completly missing/undetected with other dna companies, this will mean that the sizeable % you got on gedmatch is more of an ancient admixture rather than a recent one.

Regards

That's might be the case. I will have to do ancestry and 23andme to further have a clearer picture.

hman92
03-03-2017, 09:20 PM
That's might be the case. I will have to do ancestry and 23andme to further have a clearer picture.

Same here bro