British/Irish - 90.5%

Asia (South) Sindh - 2%
Asia (South) Burusho - 1%
Near East Levant - 1%
Europe (East) Russia/Finland - 2%
Europe (N&W) Scandinavia - 2%
Europe (N&W) Germanic - 1%

1% Unassigned Europe

Well that's it. No more from me unless I can talk a close family friend, from the same area as the first person but whose ancestry is a bit more mobile, to take the test. And maybe my metis relative in Manitoba (the one with the 17.77% Amerindian per MDLP 16) as that'd be interesting to see if Living DNA can separate North & South N. Americans better than other sites.

The results are sort of interesting. Dad's relative > dad's relative > mum's relative. The Sindh & Levant on the 3rd is interesting as thought I was getting that from dad. Not quite the case apparently.

The first two are what skitbo is looking for with their gedmatch "purebred" Brits by the way. Ancestry is rather old to the area. One of which I did supply on their inquiries post.

ollie444
03-07-2017, 07:41 PM
When were these sent off? I sent a relative's sample in just after xmas. Hoping for the results soonish.

Calas
03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
When were these sent off? I sent a relative's sample in just after xmas. Hoping for the results soonish.

Before Christmas. Bought one for a relative's bday present & then splurged on the others. And yeah it can seem like forever. Thought they may have gotten lost in shuffle as I can only imagine the number of kits they got for Christmas.

sktibo
03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Interesting results, could you tell us what each one is, exactly? As in where their people are from? I thought the Manitoban you know was the one that had 5% Amerindian on mdlp 16, was the one with higher Amerindian métis as well?

Calas
03-07-2017, 09:51 PM
I thought the Manitoban you know was the one that had 5% Amerindian on mdlp 16, was the one with higher Amerindian métis as well?

Regarding the Metis. Yes, the 5% is my relative. I hope you didn't think that was the only one. The one with 17.7% is her grandfather who though reaching his mid-90s can still give someone twenty years younger a run for their money. The unfortunate thing is, is her great-grandmother died about eight years ago as those results likely would be something else.

sktibo
03-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Regarding the Metis. Yes, the 5% is my relative. I hope you didn't think that was the only one. The one with 17.7% is her grandfather who though reaching his mid-90s can still give someone twenty years younger a run for their money. The unfortunate thing is, is her great-grandmother died about eight years ago as those results likely would be something else.

Ah OK. Living DNA gave me mesoamerican so it can't yet separate north from south yet.. my indigenous north American ancestors were Cree, Assiniboine, and Manitoba Salteaux.

Could you tell us what the people in these tests are?

Calas
03-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Living DNA gave me mesoamerican so it can't yet separate north from south yet.. my indigenous north American ancestors were Cree, Assiniboine, and Manitoba Salteaux.

It may likely differ. Just you had a small percentage correct? 1 or 2% Native American? Possibly not enough to separate into different variables.

Depending on how good their references are, I'd expect that metis's grandfather to get at least 5 to 10%.

Could you tell us what the people in these tests are?

#1 - Yorkshireman. From an old family. Been in the area for a couple centuries or so.

#2. I'd really rather leave Person #2 out for now. Don't worry I'll say in a day or two if no one figures it. I just want to see if anyone can use those Living DNA results and tell me what they believe that person is ancestry-wise. I know what they are, they know what they are. The question is, does Living DNA know?

#3. - mostly Scots-Irish.

sktibo
03-08-2017, 04:32 AM
For #1 looks like he really is a yorkshireman, at 40%. I think that's about the percentage East Anglian Norfolk got and he's definitely East Anglian.
My guess for #2 is a Scottish border person or lowlands anywhere aside from the west coast lowland area of Scotland
I'll be interested to see if the other metis get North American instead of mesoamerican

Calas
03-09-2017, 10:36 AM
I'll be interested to see if the other metis get North American instead of mesoamerican

It's be certainly interesting.

sktibo
05-10-2017, 07:39 AM
#1 - Yorkshireman. From an old family. Been in the area for a couple centuries or so.

#2. I'd really rather leave Person #2 out for now. Don't worry I'll say in a day or two if no one figures it. I just want to see if anyone can use those Living DNA results and tell me what they believe that person is ancestry-wise. I know what they are, they know what they are. The question is, does Living DNA know?

Mind telling us who person number two is now Calas? As my results were updated, and my Northumbria went up instead of down, I'd like to know who this #2 person is that has 34.6% Northumbria

Thanks

05-10-2017, 07:57 AM
It may likely differ. Just you had a small percentage correct? 1 or 2% Native American? Possibly not enough to separate into different variables.

Depending on how good their references are, I'd expect that metis's grandfather to get at least 5 to 10%.

(2) Lowlander or Border Reiver family, or equally somebody from very close to Hadrian's Wall?
:behindsofa: